(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077: Known Features Thread

+
They have some of the best writers on board. They themselves will tell you there is room for improvement. To be honest, I can't think of any offhand but I'm sur I could if I put my mind to it.

On the other hand, they haven't got a history of making games where dialogue choices can bypass action, because Geralt doesn't. Not typically, anyway. Certainly not to the scale of Torment.

You know, I think they will offer us a lot more non-action choices in Cpunk, though. Not sure why, just a hunch.

You know, I think they will offer us a lot more non-action choices in Cpunk, though. Not sure why, just a hunch.

As long as I HAVE the choice of doing what I want or think is right I'm fine with that. I wanna be able to go rogue whenever I want but I also want to be able to be peaceful whenever I want.

I'm sure they won't disappoint us with that, however.

I want to know which classes are in. And I reeeeeeally want to see concept designs. Like an artist's rendering of Night City, weapons, armor etc.

I want to know which classes are in. And I reeeeeeally want to see concept designs. Like an artist's rendering of Night City, weapons, armor etc.

As we will be able to print out our characters and use them in a PnP game, they will most likely be covering all of the main 10 Roles (counting Techie and Med Tech as 2)

I would love to see some more stuff from them though.It's been a long, silent time

HOW can you say it's been a "silent time"?

I, personally, find that deeply offensive.

I CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH.

As we will be able to print out our characters and use them in a PnP game, they will most likely be covering all of the main 10 Roles (counting Techie and Med Tech as 2)

I would love to see some more stuff from them though.It's been a long, silent time
Really, if in the end they end up dropping a few roles I could live with it...

Rocker, media, corp, medtech.... they could all be dropped and the game would be okay... in a video game setting they would make much better secondary characters than they would primary.

Cop kinda falls in there too.... really anything that's a full time job doesn't leave much time for adventuring and heists...

Rocker, media, corp, medtech.... they could all be dropped and the game would be okay... in a video game setting they would make much better secondary characters than they would primary.

Cop kinda falls in there too.... really anything that's a full time job doesn't leave much time for adventuring and heists...

I was looking foward to the Med Tech and the Cop. Not sure how they will look at Rockerboy, but that could be broken down to basic 'orator' types, like negotiators and politicians, (but on the other side...,) and the Media has potential.

Again, this is one of those personal choice and style things.

Drop Nomad. It's a Solo who like to drive fast in the desert. Have different skill packages for Nomad or classic Solo start.One drives more and can fix stuff.

Combine Tech and Medtech. Combine Corporate and Fixer. Use skill tree packages to differentiate.

Cop, Rockerboy and Netrunner are pretty flavour distinct. Maaybe you could roll Cop into Solo. Rockerboy as we've discussed is tough to incorporate, but you could roll it into Corp/Fixer as a third Social skill package choice.

You could seriously run just three separate story trees: Fight/Talk/Tech that allow each of the the three types of Roles to go down.

You could seriously run just three separate story trees: Fight/Talk/Tech that allow each of the the three types of Roles to go down.
You wouldn't even need whoe stories. Having the plot branch would be good. And I wouldn't even base the branches on the players role. I would base it on their actions.

I'd like to see origin stories - Nomad, Military, Street, Tech School, Corp for starter stories.

And then a main campaign.

With littered substories and references from the origins.

And the three playstyles being applicable to each challenge/story arc.

I'd like to see origin stories - Nomad, Military, Street, Tech School, Corp for starter stories.

Not bad.

I remember that STALKER had about 7 different endings, depending on your actions in the game. Multiple endings baed on your choices in the ame is always a good option in my my book.

Drop Nomad. It's a Solo who like to drive fast in the desert. Have different skill packages for Nomad or classic Solo start.One drives more and can fix stuff.

Combine Tech and Medtech. Combine Corporate and Fixer. Use skill tree packages to differentiate.

Cop, Rockerboy and Netrunner are pretty flavour distinct. Maaybe you could roll Cop into Solo. Rockerboy as we've discussed is tough to incorporate, but you could roll it into Corp/Fixer as a third Social skill package choice.

I like these ideas, but I hope my Solo can freelance and isn't tied to the ethics a Cop might have. Corp has always seemed interesting as a unique role, a sort of Bruce Wayne/Batman type character leading a double life. Maybe I'm way off base with that in regard to the PnP rules. Media, Medtech and Rocker seem like the odd ones to me. They should be the first to go, or rolled in as you say.

Media, Rocker and Corp are both the distinctive character classes of CP2020 and the big challenge to do in a CRPG. Hell, they are tough to do in PnP. Along with Netrunner, which is shared only by other Cyberpunk RPGs.

Media, Rocker and Corp could be very memorable, very cool stories, but would require a fair bit of effort.As someone - you, Slim? - mentioned, it might be best to see them as NPCs, at least at first.

Know what I'd like to see? Dynamic Mission Generator. Takes in a bunch of factors like your Role and your Rep and then generates a contract for you to do. And it does that as long as you are alive. You could have a third factor be "Plot Stage" so it accounts for one of several stages in the main Plot. Including Completed.

So you could finish the main Plotline and keep doing Net runs or gang-conflict-resolution jobs as long as you wanted.

Never-ending-game.

Media, Rocker and Corp are both the distinctive character classes of CP2020 and the big challenge to do in a CRPG. Hell, they are tough to do in PnP. Along with Netrunner, which is shared only by other Cyberpunk RPGs.

Media, Rocker and Corp could be very memorable, very cool stories, but would require a fair bit of effort.As someone - you, Slim? - mentioned, it might be best to see them as NPCs, at least at first.

Know what I'd like to see? Dynamic Mission Generator. Takes in a bunch of factors like your Role and your Rep and then generates a contract for you to do. And it does that as long as you are alive. You could have a third factor be "Plot Stage" so it accounts for one of several stages in the main Plot. Including Completed.

So you could finish the main Plotline and keep doing Net runs or gang-conflict-resolution jobs as long as you wanted.

Never-ending-game.

O_O

These ideas are fantastic!!!!!!!

Who the fuck are you and what have you done with Sard? On second thought, I don't want to know, as you are much cooler than whoever he was before....

Seriously, a Solo from a nomad background... random contracts.... its like you have been listening to me or something... it's like you..... care...

Awesome! If they introduce you to the game through the starter stories they can give a history lesson at the same time. Remember Fable? You started as a child and the early story had effects on the rest of the game. I think this would be a great way to introduce the setting, having 'lessons' in the specific environment and learning, (from that groups perspective,) which explain how the cyberpunk timeline diverges from our own.

Media, Medtech and Rocker seem like the odd ones to me. They should be the first to go, or rolled in as you say.
Why is no-one showing any love for the MedTech or the Media? Given how violent and lethal 2020 is and 2077, MedTechs are key to a groups survival. And, who knows, there may be some very good benefits to paying MedTech. How about better quality 'parts' recovery in the field or getting to play with NeuroToxins and Nerve Agents?

These ideas are fantastic!!!!!!!

Who the fuck are you and what have you done with Sard?
I had the same reactions. They are excellent idea's.

Oh, occasionally I say useful things - that you like - to keep you wondering. Cruel, I know.

It's not that I don't love the Media, but have you ever run one or played one? Unless the Team is built around them, they are tough to work in. As a Social Class option package, with skills like Persuade, Interview, ( nooot really sure if I'd even include that in the game), Streetwise, Handgun, Perform/Oratory/Write and a crapload of contacts? But what can a Media do a Fixer can't? Or a Corporate?

As a flavour class, sure. You can pick a "Media" Package instead of a Corp or Fixer package - or as well as. Special Ability..I have no idea how they even gonna work those. Since Fixers and Corporates have similar "use the other guy first" skillsets, you could have the Media Special Ability be...Contacts? Or Media and Rockerboy could swap off for some kind of Fame Special Ability. Use that Fame to expose the Truth or get good tables, whatever.

MedTech is just Tech with medskills. Obvious combo with techie.

It's not that I don't love the Media, but have you ever run one or played one? Unless the Team is built around them, they are tough to work in. As a Social Class option package, with skills like Persuade, Interview, ( nooot really sure if I'd even include that in the game), Streetwise, Handgun, Perform/Oratory/Write and a crapload of contacts? But what can a Media do a Fixer can't? Or a Corporate?

As a flavour class, sure. You can pick a "Media" Package instead of a Corp or Fixer package - or as well as. Special Ability..I have no idea how they even gonna work those. Since Fixers and Corporates have similar "use the other guy first" skillsets, you could have the Media Special Ability be...Contacts? Or Media and Rockerboy could swap off for some kind of Fame Special Ability. Use that Fame to expose the Truth or get good tables, whatever.
In a world where image and style are more important than anything else, the media is in a unique position to destroy entities in a far more effective manner than a combat character. There is a wealth of opportunities that the Media could take advantage of that other classes would seriously struggle with. But in Cyberpunk, many classes overlap. saying "What can a Media do that a Fixer can't?" is like saying "What can a Solo do that a Nomad Can't?" They each have their own approach and goals.

I never got to play a media, because they just didn't work in the groups that were inevitably formed by the Munchkins I played with. I want to play one, (but after I play a Techie. Techies are my first love and always will be.)

MedTech is just Tech with medskills. Obvious combo with techie.
That is like saying a Cop is a Solo with Authority instead of combat sense. They have very different traits. One focuses on machines, the other focuses on meat. Netrunners aren't techies, but they have more in common with techies than medtechs do. Or does your ripperdoc normally operate on cars?

Top Bottom