Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+

Guest 3847602

Does anyone know if it's been confirmed there are still plans to release major (paid/story) DLCs for Cyberpunk 2077? I see that standalone multiplayer has now been scrapped and it seems unclear if it'll be incorporated into the main game at any point, and looking through past statements it doesn't seem clear if major DLC is still in the roadmap at all, even if only for 2022 or later. Since the Forbes article earlier today have been a bit concerned as one of the main reasons I kept my copy after all this time was the hope of this development coming the future. Thanks!
Yes, nothing about expansions has changed, CDPR's latest strategy update has confirmed that they're still planning on releasing them, probably in 2022.

Its a dead end to ask for different endings. They didnt put that much work to have them just to rewrite them to please some people and irritate some others. Just drop it.

What is possible is to make some kind of continuation in DLCs but the answer to that we will have earliest by the end of a year.
if you were around for the ME3 ending mess. you should understand why the endings should have been altered entirely even with the extended cut included it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either (translation: ME3 should serve as guidelines on how to NOT mess up an ending). CP2077 is none too different.

I'm not impressed with CP2077 endings, but what ME3 ending did is:
1) nuke the entire setting
2) went against the trilogy's main themes
which is why all the more reason the endings need changing. even ACM should serve as guidelines on why mass marketing should NOT be relied upon too heavily.

Yes, nothing about expansions has changed, CDPR's latest strategy update has confirmed that they're still planning on releasing them, probably in 2022.
Thanks! Sorry to ask but I don't suppose you had a link? I had a look at this update but the only information I could see (and same with the associated video) was that there were "expansions in progress", but no further details on dates or what form these expansions would take.

Guest 3847602

Thanks! Sorry to ask but I don't suppose you had a link? I had a look at this update but the only information I could see (and same with the associated video) was that there were "expansions in progress", but no further details on dates or what form these expansions would take.
Not more than you already know - expansions are "in progress" and they won't arrive this year, which leaves 2022. As to their form, they said numerous times that we should expect about the same thing they've made for TW3, meaning, 10 -20 hours self-contained stories plus few new gameplay mechanics.

at this point I'm really getting impatient. Basically everything from their shoddy "roadmap" except for the next-gen update has arrived, so what is next? How about an official statement? When is Patch 1.3 going to drop and what is going to be included? What about the free DLCs? What about the expansions? What about the damned ending controversy? Are you EVER going to adress any of this? I can't believe the communication has gotten even worse. Before patch 1.2 one could hope that you would make some kind of statement about future CONTENT plans, now some time has passed and nothing.
I'm really losing hope here.

I have to say I appreciate that there are updates. Haven't touched the game since I first tried it out, but looking forward to after some more updates.

Hoping for some cool new content later on.

at this point I'm really getting impatient. Basically everything from their shoddy "roadmap" except for the next-gen update has arrived, so what is next? How about an official statement? When is Patch 1.3 going to drop and what is going to be included? What about the free DLCs? What about the expansions? What about the damned ending controversy? Are you EVER going to adress any of this? I can't believe the communication has gotten even worse. Before patch 1.2 one could hope that you would make some kind of statement about future CONTENT plans, now some time has passed and nothing.
- Its been less than 2 weeks now when 1.2 was released (including easter). How can you expect them to give you info when 1.3 is going to drop? Work has barely started.
- Free DLCs expected later this year. Probably we will know more in 2-3 months.
- Expansions next year.
- What ending controversy? Some people liked it, some people dont. Get over it.

Thats my view on this.

that's not enough. They should update their roadmap once they've reach the last tangible point on it. Free DLCs later this year - when? This is not tangible information. Expansions next year? Where is the official confirmation?
And yes there is an ending controversy- Most people who spoke up about the endings disiiked them - that's enough to make it a controversy, there's a thread with more than 1000 pages on this forum alone and multiple similar ones in other places.

Even Bioware at some point al least adressed the ME3 endings - not to everyone's satisfaction, but at least they didn't play dead.

Its pretty enough to me. They wont give you any more details if they are not sure about that when and what will come.
Expansions were confirmed in updated strategy plan.
Even if most people would not like Avatar ending I think you should respect writers choice to be able to tell you a story they want. You may not like them, I agree they are depressing and not what some people expected ( myself I would also like some continuation in expansions ) but theres nothing wrong with them (in terms on inconsistency, bugs, mistakes) which should require changing at this point. 1000 pages in this forum means that this is definitely more interesting topic to discuss than "gta vs cyberpunk" or "what about multiplayer".

that's not enough. They should update their roadmap once they've reach the last tangible point on it. Free DLCs later this year - when? This is not tangible information. Expansions next year? Where is the official confirmation?
And yes there is an ending controversy- Most people who spoke up about the endings disiiked them - that's enough to make it a controversy, there's a thread with more than 1000 pages on this forum alone and multiple similar ones in other places.

Even Bioware at some point al least adressed the ME3 endings - not to everyone's satisfaction, but at least they didn't play dead.
I wonder how do you expect them to deal with the "controversy" without spoiling anything if there is plans of expansions and building a franchise?
I mean a solemn youtube video by the story writers explaining endings and which(if any)is cannon?
A DLC that overwrites epilogues and canonizes one and the rest just get a "keep trying" message ?

I expect them to give me some basic information: will there be expansions or DLC set after the endings where I can continue V's story -yes or no? I don't need details, I don't need someone to "explain" the endings, there is nothing to explain. I simply want the most basic information if it's worth my time waiting for future updates or if I should just forget about the whole game, cry some bitter tears over spending 200+ bucks on the limited edition and play Valhalla or something instead (ugh - I'd rather avoid that).

Maybe best way would be to forget about a game and return when DLC is out and you know what to expect?

Dont push them. There is 0% of chances that any time of this year they will provide you basic storyline information about next year DLC.

they simple cant get more prices while they still try to fix major issues - they are no farseer no matter how loud the com cries. everybody wants content but everybody wants a stable basegame at the same time - so what exactly are u expecting? first things first fix the base game everything else LATER. talking about expansions and dlcs makes absolute no sense in its current state - if they promise exact dates on their roadmap and cant hold them (again) the leftover trust and mood is totally gone for good - they just cant allow themselves to do this mistake again after all what happend pre release. how cant u see that?... [...]

Last edited:
fixing the base game is a no brainer - that should be done continuously until the technical issues are solved. But I played the damn thing on vanilla PS4 originally and it was playable. Of course it needs work, but it also needs to deliver new content, otherwise, why should I play it again? I don't even need exact dates on my roadmap, but some kind of more detailed information about future content is just common courtesy.

I dont want to be grumpy but honestly, what would it change? You will play it again (or not - its up to you) when you`ll get new content. It doesnt matter at this point what storyline it will be. You know that it takes some time to develop and lets say in one year time a lot of things might change in a story itself.

delivering more unfinished and bugged content would just make everything worse not better. so no need to talk about what could be in the future - other than that people would nail them on their statements once again.

Top Bottom