Iconic Weapons

+
Iconic Weapons

Now, I know there is already a thread about what weapons we want in 2077, but that is a very diverse thread now and I hope this one will be quite specific.

I would like everyone to select between 3 and 5 weapons from 2020 that they feel are iconic and that they would like updated versions to be included in 2077.

Now, some ground rules:

1 - The Crusher SSG is already in, so that one is off the menu for the purposes of this exercise. Don't list it because we are already getting it.

2 - You must select at least one handgun and at least one rifle. Other than that, you can select any 'man-portable' weapon. This included Full-Borg weapons but not vehicle weapons or the larger power armour weapons that even 'borgs cannot handle. Pleae note, I asked for 'weapons'. That does not mean 'just guns', but all weapons including melee weapons, bows, crossbows, explosives and exotics.

3 - It must be a weapon from official source material. Please include where the weapon is listed. the main rulebook, Chrome 1, Solo of Fortune or wherever else. Interface magazines are fine.

4 - A little explanation would be nice. I'm not asking for a full essay, just a brief reason why you chose that particular weapon.

So, here's my 5

5: The FN Browning "3-Spot" (Rough Guide to the UK)
This gun got me out of some sticky situations. A solid 10mm burst-fire pistol, gadgets a-go-go and 24 rounds in the clip. What's not to like?

4: The Chadran Jungle Reaper (Interface magazine - I3 V1)
A solid, reliable 5.56mm workhorse with a big magazine and a built in 25mm pump-action grenade launcher. When you have to clear a room, she's not a bad choice.

3: Paint Grenades (Chrome Book 2)
Now, smoke and flashbangs are all well and good, but I have yet to find cyberoptics or goggles that can see through paint.

2: Monosword Cane (Solo of Fortune 2)
If I have to explain why this is on my list, you wont understand.

1: Monowire (Chrome Book 2)
Is this stuff not the most lethal peice of 'non-violent' kit anyone has ever packed in their bag? I have probably killed more thugs and goons with this stuff than I have C6, and I have used tons of C6... The stuff speaks for itself.

There's my choices, I look forward to seeing all of yours.

Not sure why this needs a new thread, since this is pretty much exactly what I was asking for in the other.... but yeah, its pretty derailed...

Armalite 44 (Cyberpunk 2020 core rules)
It's the standard big sidearm, not sure why we tend to prefer it over the Colt AMT, but we do....

Federated Arms Superchief (Chrome 1)
Needs to be a revolver, and this is the most standard big-ass-revolver in the book

Malorian 3516 (chrome 1)
It's the biggest semi-auto handgun in the core material

FN-RAL (core rule book)
Love me a big, bad ass bullpup.

Chadran Arms Jungle Reaper (Interface issue 1, Volume 3)
Because everyone wants the closest thing they can get to an M41A1 pulse rifle from Aliens.... It's also listed in Blackhands Street Weapons which makes it official.

I would still like to see a Classic Crusher, chambered in 12 gauge... what can I say, the Poseidon Gong is just about my favorite fictional weapon of all time.

I've been thinking about this and I still can't decide on just five. If you'd said one, I might have forced myself. But FIVE?

Not sure why this needs a new thread, since this is pretty much exactly what I was asking for in the other.... but yeah, its pretty derailed...

Armalite 44 (Cyberpunk 2020 core rules)
It's the standard big sidearm, not sure why we tend to prefer it over the Colt AMT, but we do....

Federated Arms Superchief (Chrome 1)
Needs to be a revolver, and this is the most standard big-ass-revolver in the book

Malorian 3516 (chrome 1)
It's the biggest semi-auto handgun in the core material

FN-RAL (core rule book)
Love me a big, bad ass bullpup.

Chadran Arms Jungle Reaper (Interface issue 1, Volume 3)
Because everyone wants the closest thing they can get to an M41A1 pulse rifle from Aliens.... It's also listed in Blackhands Street Weapons which makes it official.

I would still like to see a Classic Crusher, chambered in 12 gauge... what can I say, the Poseidon Gong is just about my favorite fictional weapon of all time.
It's exactly because it has become so derailed. I want this thread to be about our personal choices of existing 2020 hardware and not a discussion about modding them and other related topics.

I do love me a revolver. I managed to make a decent argument about revolver fumbles to my old GM. He said that my .44 Anaconda had jammed and needed to be reloaded before I could use it, even though it was the first short. I got him to agree that a revolver can't really jam and therefore it must have been a bad round. I got to fire the other 5 off before reloading. Nothing says reliability like a revolver.

And the FN-RAL, well, I used one of those with my first character for god knows how long. She's reliable and has a good RoF and a hefty punch. Just wish she was more accurate.

I've been thinking about this and I still can't decide on just five. If you'd said one, I might have forced myself. But FIVE?
I said BETWEEN THREE AND FIVE.. Let's hear the one you have and add another pistol and a rifle.

No!

Sternmeyer M-95, the version with RoF 48, Solo of Fortune 1. Accurate, light, RoF means multiple-target takedowns or multiple hits on single target. Load with DPU or API rounds. Undersling 25mm or 40mm with, oh, let's say HEAT/HEP rounds.

If I had to pick a sidearm and I didn't think they were OP, the Rough Guide to the UK Spitfire 12mm Double-tap pistol. But I do think that whole line, ( especially the ammo) is silly and OP, so no.

Handguns - no preferences, whatever is light-ish and accurate, good RoF with some punch. Loads, mods and pistol grenades are really more important anyway.

Because nostalgia: .577 Boomer Buster Solo of Fortune. I think they lowered RoF for the updated version, ( just like they did for my beloved Sternmeyer, hmmmm) and ammo is low, but otherwise, an hilarious gun. Load up ETE for more hilarity.

And then really it depends. Melee - I like the BigRipp. Interface Mag. Giant cyberblade, better than Wolvers against armour. It can be implanted in a flesh arm.

IMI Chainknife Chrome 1. Not great as a weapon, but exceedingly intimidating.

And then it really depends. Anti-Borg weapons are a whole class depending on Borg you are hunting. Urban/rural. Combat-specced/not. Inside/outside. Armored/not. Are yo prepared or not? If not, run if you can.

A default is a good shotgun with a varied ammo load-out. At least RoF 10. Use the Ragnarok -Pacific Rim - if you want to show off. And have the eb.

So...some kind of heavy-ish weapon? Colt-Mauser m-2X or Anti-Matter Rifle? Chrome 2 version, with Extra AP ammo. Stops AVs, no police lights necessary.

Cowboy U-55 from Corp 2. Paint grenades are good. Used to be more fond of them until I met the borg with sonar? Radar? Anyway, he had no problem.
My own trick against vision occlusion - wire a COT camera to your smartgun and use it to see. That plus high Awareness and you're fine. Your opponent will be briefly surprised.
If you want real fun, use the Type-18 AutoGL Pacific Rim. Now load up with HEDP rounds. RoF 10, 4d10AP HEAT with 4D6 1m splash damage. Alternate rounds with, oh, Splatshells, WP, Flashbang...whatever.

Det-cards. Couple of these dropped in a jacket pocket or -with some quick-set glue- slapped on the back of a helmet/cyberskull/neck/in a hoodie and 1d10 per card goes off. Even if the victim notices the snapped card, they are unlikely to figure out explosive before it goes off. Drug-a-Thug, Chrome 2, is a nice quiet alternative..walk past, slap the target on the neck, Very Diff check against the payload...

Power squirtgun or paintbull gun, geeky glasses and a stammer will allow you places a .454 with a permit won't - even a Police Badge on Corp property.

Wait, how many is that? Whatever. I could really go on. And on. Subsonic rounds and suppressors are a whole separate issue of course. We haven't got far into cyber weapons yet, really...

Edit: I mistakenly had the underslung 40mm with the Boomer Buster. Oops. And then I thought, HMMM..and nearly left it.

Det-cards. Couple of these dropped in a jacket pocket or -with some quick-set glue- slapped on the back of a helmet/cyberskull/neck/in a hoodie and 1d10 per card goes off. Even if the victim notices the snapped card, they are unlikely to figure out explosive before it goes off. Drug-a-Thug, Chrome 2, is a nice quiet alternative..walk past, slap the target on the neck, Very Diff check against the payload...
t.
Det cards printed to look like Trauma Team or Miltech response cards were good fun... It was also a fun way to absolutely ruin an ATM machine or create a hell of a bang at the gas pumps...

I had forgot all about Det-Cards. I always had a stack of them. You never knew when they would come in handy...

One of the more ingenious hits.... We had to infiltrate an area with extremely heavy security. Key card, plus retinal scan, plus password. We could get the key card, and maybe the eye... but the password was going to be a problem. So we got ourselves a card programmer, had a det card printed to look and function like an ID security card... the kind you wear around your neck... we programmed the card to detonate 1 hour after it was swiped, then switched it with a corp at a diner. Poor bastard, he was giving a presentation when the card went off right over his chest...

We rolled in as paramedics :D

Top Bottom