New Takemura bug in 'DOWN ON THE STREET'

+
I believe the bug arrived with Patch 1.2 due to the following change:
  • Takemura will no longer teleport to Wakako if the player chooses to go alone in Down on the Street.
After the docks scene I chose not to go with Takemura to Wakako and side tracked to the gigs, doing a LOT of gigs; 10+ hours of gameplay later I decided to go back to the mission and found the bug.
I went to Wakako, but Takemura was nowhere to be seen; took me a while to think about this, but I went back to the docks and there he was, frozen.
He still says some things when I throw grenades, but doesn't move at all. Found no work around and though someone might have.

down_on_the_street_1.jpg

down_on_the_street_2.jpg

down_on_the_street_3.jpg

down_on_the_street_4.jpg

I have 50 hours in this character and really don't want to restart. I'll keep making side quests till where it is possible and will wait for a fix or possible work around.

EDIT: 2 weeks or so after Patch 1.2, CDPR got us Hotfix 1.21 that has the following relevant update for this bug in specific:
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
In my own experience and by seeing some comments, I assume the Hotfix does not work in saves that already have this quest bugged (at least in some cases, if it worked for you, let us know). The fix would only prevent this from happening in future saves, which sucks for us that have already spent more hours in the character than we would be proud to admit.

If you have the same issue, post it in the comments: more comments = more relevance and bigger the chances for the devs to help us. And if by any chance you know a work around this, be the hero and share with everyone.

EDIT 2: THE BUG IS FIXED

CDPR released yet another update: Hotfix 1.22. This one has a specific patch to all the people that still have this mission bugged. It is the following:
  • Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street - for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako's parlor.
Well, it does just that. Worked fine with me and I came here to update this threat as soon as I finished the mission 'Down on the street', to be sure everything would work flawlessly. I hope it will work for all of you as well, and if it still doesn't, feel free to share it here, because it seems devs were paying attention to this issue.

Thank you for sharing the issue in the comments and/or reporting this to the bug report system for Cyberpunk 2077, this creates relevance and made enough attention for the devs to give us yet another fix.
I will now resume my game.

Last edited:
Starting a main mission and than pausing it half way through for 10+ hours to do side gigs is clearly not how those missions were intended to be played IMHO and it's what probably leads to unexpected bugs and glitches. It's quite possible they didn't bug tested such scenarios. Honestly I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. I can't think of a single good reason personally to start a main mission and half way through it to go and do 10+ hours side gigs, instead of finishing it first and do the side content.

Best way to avoid those bugs would be to just follow up the mission to it's end once it's started. I never experienced such bugs ever since the launch of the game and whenever I see people posting about such, it's usually where they stopped the mission half way through and went to do some side gigs for several hours at the time. Yes, I know it's an open world game and it's easy to get side tracked with things, but my best advice would be - always finish your main quests once you start them.

Starting a main mission and than pausing it half way through for 10+ hours to do side gigs is clearly not how those missions were intended to be played IMHO and it's what probably leads to unexpected bugs and glitches. It's quite possible they didn't bug tested such scenarios. Honestly I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. I can't think of a single good reason personally to start a main mission and half way through it to go and do 10+ hours side gigs, instead of finishing it first and do the side content.

Best way to avoid those bugs would be to just follow up the mission to it's end once it's started. I never experienced such bugs ever since the launch of the game and whenever I see people posting about such, it's usually where they stopped the mission half way through and went to do some side gigs for several hours at the time. Yes, I know it's an open world game and it's easy to get side tracked with things, but my best advice would be - always finish your main quests once you start them.
They put the "Ill meet you there" option in the game not me. And if they didn't want you to do side missions while going through the story your phone wouldn't go off twice per minute with new quests.

They put the "Ill meet you there" option in the game not me. And if they didn't want you to do side missions while going through the story your phone wouldn't go off twice per minute with new quests.
Well my phone doesn't go off every 2 minutes unless I actively seek side gigs. Fixers call you only when you are right beside a gig on foot.

Yes they put the option, but it's quite possible they didn't expect people will delay going their for 10+ hours, which may have lead to unintended glitch triggering.
I am just offering my opinion here and possible solution that may avoid such bugs triggering in the future. But hey take it, as you like.

Well my phone doesn't go off every 2 minutes unless I actively seek side gigs. Fixers call you only when you are right beside a gig on foot.

Yes they put the option, but it's quite possible they didn't expect people will delay going their for 10+ hours, which may have lead to unintended glitch triggering.
I am just offering my opinion here and possible solution that may avoid such bugs triggering in the future. But hey take it, as you like.
The length of time has nothing to do with it, takemura just gets frozen as soon as you say ill drive myself the issue is that we didn't notice it for ten hours so now going back and saying ill ride with you takes away a lot of time we wont get back. If my memory serves I tired to do the mission right away but Takemura wasn't there so I thought I was too early so I went off and did side stuff and got hooked on Panam's questline.

The length of time has nothing to do with it, takemura just gets frozen as soon as you say ill drive myself the issue is that we didn't notice it for ten hours so now going back and saying ill ride with you takes away a lot of time we wont get back. If my memory serves I tired to do the mission right away but Takemura wasn't there so I thought I was too early so I went off and did side stuff and got hooked on Panam's questline.
Are you playing on PC or console? I did this quest yesterday and I told Takemura that I will not ride with him, he just jumped into the car and drove away. Then I found him at the front of Wakako's parlor.

Are you playing on PC or console? I did this quest yesterday and I told Takemura that I will not ride with him, he just jumped into the car and drove away. Then I found him at the front of Wakako's parlor.
Im on PS5, and it looks like OP is on PC

even its not intended from the DEVs and not Testet it shouldnt lock the game enterly. I cant finish the game now because hes standing there doing nothing and the quest said ill meet you there so you can do other stuff.. im on PC and tryed everything to resett him there is absolutly no way to fix this problem at the moment.. just put an resett Quest in the game and we good :)

Last edited:
VERY annoying, since making this choice virtually guarantees you're going to go off and do other things for umpteen hours before you discover Takemura is not going to meet you and is actually stuck at the docks. I levelled up 12 times after I made this choice before discovering the bug. Less annoying to start a new game and try out another character build than to lose all that progress!

Feels more and more like a Bethesda made game as each patch comes out.....

After the 1.21 update Takemura STILL at the docs. Hot fix didn't working for me. Also tried to reinstall the game, check files, nothing helps. Still can't done the game.

Attachments

• fnPLYoIoCD8.jpg
    fnPLYoIoCD8.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 105
  • k1jCrTzm6MM.jpg
    k1jCrTzm6MM.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
I also have had this issue, though I had not been aware of it until recently, and after I had already put 70+ hours into my first playthrough doing several side missions/gigs.

The 1.21 hotfix did not fix this for me, so it just might be that my particular playthrough is doomed. I really hope that CDPR finds a way to fix this for save files made before the hotfix, or I'll have to consider nuking this playthrough, as much as it breaks my heart.

For me this is a second playthru and before I didn't have any famous Takemura bugs or other 'showstoppers' present since the launch. Only now, on the 1.2 version I have it. My gut feeling is the bug is fixed for new games but not retrospecitvely - so in case you don't have older saves (?) before the Takemura 'down the street' mission it may be broken and CDPR may not fix it.

Top Bottom