PS4 pro with SSD

+
Wow, what a difference. Im one of the unfortunate ones with PS5 digital but I still have my PS4 pro and cyberpunk for it.

The game is barely playable on the stock ps4 harddrive. I just installed a Samsung external SSD to the PS4 pro and the improvement in gameplay is like night and day. The game is finally playable!!!

This will have to do until they allow cyberpunk back in the ps store but it's a good alternative to anyone stuck in the same predicament as me.

Hi. Am thinking on buying one myself. Do you have any advice on which to buy? Don't want to spend much money on it either.
What makes the biggest difference on SSD types/brands? What specs should I be looking for apart from the Gb it supports.
Thank you

I'm on the same boat as Relvas, been thinking in buying an external SSD ever since i saw some tests on the base model. Just for cyberpunk, maybe FFXIV as well.

Can i take a normal SATA ssd and adapt it on a case or do i need to specifically buy a External? Asking this cuz i really don't wanna pay too much on a SSD just for two games at most. Also, what brand are you using and which ones do you recommend?

Can anyone tell me if an external SSD could help my base PS4? At least in the textures pop-in and rendering.

Can anyone tell me if an external SSD could help my base PS4? At least in the textures pop-in and rendering.
From what I've seen you should definitely get better load times, asset rendering, plus less lag when receiving calls or switching your POV when driving.
I went the internal route on my Slim and was definitely worth it.

Guest 4400165

I'm on the same boat as Relvas, been thinking in buying an external SSD ever since i saw some tests on the base model. Just for cyberpunk, maybe FFXIV as well.

Can i take a normal SATA ssd and adapt it on a case or do i need to specifically buy a External? Asking this cuz i really don't wanna pay too much on a SSD just for two games at most. Also, what brand are you using and which ones do you recommend?
If you only need it for only 2 games, a 256 GB will suffice, just check the numbers. Usually, the higher they are the better.

Top Bottom