Cyberpsycho sighting: Where the bodies hit the floor bug

+
I'm having a similar problem myself; beat the cyberpsycho, collected and scanned everything I could find, and... nothing. No prompt to respond, no notification that I had failed anything, nothing. It was before I did The Heist, and I haven't been back since; I have an option in my journal to track the quest, but no listed objectives in it. I'm pretty sure it was after 1.2 dropped, but I can't remember for certain.

I'm on PC, forgot to mention.

Last edited:
I got same bug, I started the quest before going to limo (like lvl 3 or sth 😁) but guy was setting me on fire and killing before could kill/incapacitate him(hard mode so much fun) so I skipped the fight half way into the quest. Got back after heist (no spoilers) and 1.2 update and now got him incapacitated, I got to read shards one and second, I did... Nothing happened. I scanned everything, killed the guy trying to trigger sth, got rewards for kill but bo ending of quest... I left the area and now it's not even showing the quest anymore - it's in backlog but not on hud.. will try getting there back maybe with quest selected, but it might be unrecoverable 😔 (my last save before that is waay back lol)
I wish they could just fix it instead 😕
Xbox Series

This is broken in 1.2 - knocked out Cyberpyscho Ellis and read both shards, no prompt to message Regina, the counter in the main mission does not increment - still 5 of 17 - impossible to complete this. Shame as I was enjoying these missions - I won't bother now

Edit - on PC

Last edited:
This is broken in 1.2 - knocked out Cyberpyscho Ellis and read both shards, no prompt to message Regina, the counter in the main mission does not increment - still 5 of 17 - impossible to complete this. Shame as I was enjoying these missions - I won't bother now

Edit - on PC

I have the same issue, i loot both the shards, and the gig just remains there, objectiveless.
It doesn't seem to matter in which order i pick them up, whether i read them immediately or not, i just never get the objective or possibility to message Regina. Suppose we're waiting for patch 1.3 then (or a crafty modder)

I'm currently stuck at 94% for the "I Am the Law" Achievement (playing on a base Xbox One) because "Where the Bodies Hit the Floor" is also bugged for me. I've replayed that mission several times now from a previous saves, and no matter what I've tried so far, it won't register as completed.

For example, I get the introductory message from Regina that states, "I don't need to remind you this is the Malestrom hotspot. If you confirm a cyberpsycho's behind this, please do try to keep them alive. Thx"

After I neutralize him, it tells me to search the area, and then read the shards. Once I've done that, it says the mission has updated; however, on the right side of the screen (where the objectives usually are), it just has the title of the mission in red with nothing to do underneath.

Then, when I open the map, it also shows the title of the mission in yellow, but tells me to Read the shard "Archived Conversation: Brick and Ellis."

I've made sure to open every shard and message. There's also no messages or phone calls that I haven't returned.

Hopefully they get this patched asap because it's clearly affecting several people. I've experienced quite a few smaller bugs / glitches, but nothing like this where a simple reload wouldn't fix the issue and allow me to progress further.

Edit - I forgot to mention that I also have the latest patch (1.2) installed. I also tried uninstalling the game, reinstalling it, then playing offline to see if it was possibly a problem with that update; however, whenever I try to access my saves, I get an error message saying: "saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded."

So now I'm online and downloading the 43GB update again.

Update is done, I can access my saves again, but still can't complete this mission.

Last edited:
CD "send in your saves" PR.

So reporting an issue clearly also leads to nothing. Oh well...

Last edited:
Weird, i just finished all the Cyberpsycho Sighting in my save 1.2 (XBSX), and no problem at all :(
(those in watson made before "the heist")
Only change for me in 1.2 is no system reset QH on them :)

Started a new game right from the beginning, and the mission updated properly this time. Now, I guess I have to go kill the other 16 again.

I'm stuck too and can't reload as it would be hours back. I hope they put out a hot fix for some of the broken skills and quests.

I'm stuck too and can't reload as it would be hours back. I hope they put out a hot fix for some of the broken skills and quests.
Wouldn't matter much. I reloaded a save at the start of ACT 2 (Just after the heist) and it was bugged on that too.

Might be an issue with 1.12 savegames on 1.2 gameversion.

Wouldn't matter much. I reloaded a save at the start of ACT 2 (Just after the heist) and it was bugged on that too.

Might be an issue with 1.12 savegames on 1.2 gameversion.
I just did that very Cyberpsycho gig on my PS4 playthrough with my Nomad character with no issues.
The Nomad Playthrough was not played for about a month (so prior to 1.2 with latest save)
While I cannot speak for others ofcourse, if it is a savefile thing, it once again affects varying players differently.

I just did that very Cyberpsycho gig on my PS4 playthrough with my Nomad character with no issues.
The Nomad Playthrough was not played for about a month (so prior to 1.2 with latest save)
While I cannot speak for others ofcourse, if it is a savefile thing, it once again affects varying players differently.

My first playthrough was with a Nomad character. I started the game early January, but stopped playing for a few weeks hoping a patch would come out. I ended up continuing early March after they announced the patch was delayed, but didn't try to complete this Cyberpsycho mission until just a few days ago.

This new playthrough is with the Streetkid character, and I was able to complete it no problem (just took a lot of shots because it was so early in the game).

For the record, I'm not suggesting it's a character issue. Like you mentioned, it's seems to be something affecting players differently. At the moment though, I think it might have something to do with triggering the missions, but going off and doing some other missions instead. Then, when you come back, for some reason, it gets bugged.

Last edited:
So i started a corpo playthrough (always wanted an evil b**** character so that's fine).

First moment i could i bought a half decent gun. Blasted on his metalic face for a good 5 minutes and completed it... Also the save seems to detect the character has short hair now (shows up in certain hats) which it didn't before even though I made my character the exact same way.

Oh well. Guess I'm going through it again. Honestly that's not a punishment.

Just finished the last Cyberpsycho mission on my 2nd playthrough, which also means I've finally completed this game. Took me almost 11 hours to beat all 17. Obviously had to do enough gameplay to have access to them all, and made sure to be levelled up a bit to defeated them without too much of a struggle. It could probably be done though a bit faster if you make some fast money and get some good upgrades from a Ripperdoc.

I did some testing, if you restart the game with the latest patch, the quest will work but it won't if you use pre-patch save with the new patch, the quest won't update properly and won't give you the option to send a message to Regina.

Top Bottom