Apartment Room

+
So... gotta ask; what's the point of having a apartment? It's not like V gets any bonuses for sleeping there, and the cache is nice and all for storing Iconics, but that pretty much sums up all your get out of your apartment.

There needs to be an incentive to return to your apartment. Maybe make it to where you have to use the internet in your room to learn up on the location of your gigs, sleeping gives you bonuses to your stats, the cache is fine, eating a meal grants a longer/better boost, etc. Just something that makes your apartment WORTH returning to. Heck, your love interest moves in to your apartment or at least can be found in your apartment. The shower is just RP, make it so that cleanliness impacts your social (I'm a katana build right now, I'm pretty sure nobody would want to talk to someone covered in blood).

I know the cellphone has it's purposes, but maybe your apartment is the only place you can select certain gigs. How about making crafting and upgrading be something that requires a workbench that you have in your apartment?

There's a lot of potential for the apartment being more than just a idle location you may occasionally visit. I'm hopeful that CDPR can do something to make it worth returning to your apartment after Act 1.

Yes!!! I totally agree, even if this is a necro post. I don't care make the apartment something you want to hang around in and enjoy like actually living there. Different channels on the T.V bring back the visual that's on the window. Flying delamin cars flying by window once in a while for a good deep living feel. Different weather, add more trophy placings. They could make certain gigs to obtain these trophies(there are a few i noticed but come up short) They really could do a lot here and it would add more depth to the whole living breathing cyperpunk way of life. I love building 10 and should be a very important spot for V, not just doing a few things. Garage and i could go on and on.. I still love the game though waiting patiently for the dlc

trailers back than shown it was more of a use when weapon stats and gear credibility was still a thing... also one of the earlier trailer showed you would have been able to have romance and/or one night stands in your apartment... but all these indicator were cut from the game with mostly the other 80% cut content... "... said i cut content... where are my manners: *design choices* " *N54voice* ;)

100% agree.
after act 1 there is no more interest in returning to the apartment ...
sleeping, showering etc should give us real bonuses.
if it has arrived too dirty or too tired the NPCs should not want to speak with us.
the workbench should be the only place where we could up our weapons with interactions like in the last of us 2.
we should be able to chill with our friends, our romances which would give us other bonuses.
I don't understand V's apartment is great but after going there twice there is nothing left.

Scryar

Forum veteran
The really frustrating thing about this is that the same company already did a way better vesion of a housing system a few years ago.

In Blood&Wine they introduced an upgradable house with an outdoor area. . You got bonuses for sleeping and reading. You could display your armor, weapons, certain trophies and pictures. You had a garden with herbs you could pick. There was a armor and weapon bench for bonuses.

You would think they start from there and even add more features but instead it's as barebone as it gets.

The really frustrating thing about this is that the same company already did a way better vesion of a housing system a few years ago.
tbh i think the devs had many good ideas like marketing and advertising showed us... question is why is the game in its current state instead?... its clearly not explainable with *design choices* alone... but it is how it is... i just hope its a presence case for the almighty leaderboard/management to listen to their devs next time if they say "a release at this state would be a big mistake" - i really hope it is. i doubt everything what followed was worth the xmas business cash the bosses aimed for... we just can pray that they get it back on track somehow : /

Stash offers in Apartment visible display some of collected weapons. There are also some trophies (well, at least one for sure from Scorpion) which can be added into apartment and there is also possibility get cat ... which all are nice small touches which may bring player back into his apartment. ... But fact is that there could be done MUCH more in this regard, I see here huge unused potential.

Stash offers in Apartment visible display some of collected weapons. There are also some trophies (well, at least one for sure from Scorpion) which can be added into apartment and there is also possibility get cat ... which all are nice small touches which may bring player back into his apartment. ... But fact is that there could be done MUCH more in this regard, I see here huge unused potential.
there are plenty of objectives u can earn through sidequests swimsuit, posters, altar, etc. but sadly nothing to interact with : / the cat is nice imo but yet again u cant fed or touch it : / - it just feels like an empty room with no purpose... at least for me... u cant even put on the tv while moving around, hell whx not? oO no use for the computer as well... so many opportunities but nothing with substance in the end... at least i expected the stash room to be my crafting bank but not even that turned out to be given :(

I have a decent colleccion of the finest beverages in NC, though no shelf to put them on display :(

Screenshot 2021-04-09 180517.png

there were so many easy things to do in the apartment. it had to be cut, it's not possible. outside missions interactivity with the city, the apartment and romances = nothingness

I agree with almost everything said here. It would be great to see more things added to V' apartment, at least more functionality. I myself make rules for play throughs. As in no leaving game unless you go home, must shower before log off, sleep before log off, everything must be stored in stash no items kept in player inventory, if you have to craft must use armoury at home or open the trunk of car and then craft "this is only allowed for ammo No weapons or clothes. Must be crafted at home", always craft ammo before leaving apartment, if you have to store items using trunk of car is fine, I like to sit on couch and watch a bit of T.V. before I go out for the night, eat before you leave home. I use a walk mod so no jogging everywhere must walk unless running is appropriate, driving properly unless the AI stops in the middle.of road then go around, only a set choice of weapons allowed for entire playthough 1 pistol choose between power or tech, one rifle I always use smg, and a bat, knife or sword, once the choices are made no swapping to other weapons. And many other rules. I know this is all my RP choice, it really makes you think about your choices and being prepared when going out

I still can't wrap my head around why V has a slot on the weapon's rack for Saburo's sword. Like, why can't I choose which sword to place there? Why, after seeing the guy getting assassinated, would V grab his sword and PUT IT ON DISPLAY??

Primarily I'd just like

1. the option to invite major NPCs over for some fun scenes and maybe your romance could randomly show up there at times with a few lines of ambient dialogue.

2. Some alternative 'room themes' we can choose from a vendor for a different look, 'esoterica', 'noir' etc

And please let us go Marie Kondo on this bitch, Why are there empty boxes on surfaces and laundry NEXT to the laundry basket?

Top Bottom