"Unmarked special" cars which are possible to save: how many are there? What are they? Where to get them?

+
But there is a technical problem. The manufacturer of my NVidia-based videocard - MSI company - provides the famous "Afterburner" utility for videocapture, but it does not work in Cyberpunk 2077. I hear this is because Cyberpunk uses that "DirectX 12 in Win7" wrapper or somesuch. Is there any other free, fast and reliable videocapture software you can recommend? Once i am able to videocapture a short video where i load a save game and then drive those pre-saved permanent cars, i can then upload to my youtube channel, drop a link here, and you'll see it.

Install Geforce experience and use its ingame feature - Nvidia ansel its called I think. Its what I do to capture screenshots from many different games. Its free for Nvidia owners. I have RTX 3070 myself.

EDIT: ok videocapture... uh... Geforce experience has software for that too, its called shadowplay. I havent tried it.
Post automatically merged:

Green sport car may be Rogue's car. She will drive it to docks (raid on Ebunike ship) if I remember it right.

Rogues car is a quadra type-66 with a "predator" logo on the hood.
rogue.png

Last edited:
Install Geforce experience and use its ingame feature - Nvidia ansel its called I think. Its what I do to capture screenshots from many different games. Its free for Nvidia owners. I have RTX 3070 myself.

EDIT: ok videocapture... uh... Geforce experience has software for that too, its called shadowplay. I havent tried it.

Rogues car is a quadra type-66 with a "predator" logo on the hood.
View attachment 11206588
Not the one I took the other day. I'll post an image of it when I can, the one I had, was different.

Thanks for trying to help me with that videocapture problem! Alas, NVidia Experience will not do for me. For years, this software was known to perform certain undesirable and officially not listed functions, for which reason some years ago i decided i am not using that one ever again. To this day, i keep installing NVidia drivers without ever installing Experience part of the package, and i have no intention to change my decision. Safety and stability of the rig takes priority over being able to capture videos from select few titles - this wrapper which causes the problem, it's only used by CP2077 and couple more titles i never play, so for me it's just CP2077 issue. I'll live.

P.S. Today, i took some effort trying to find some 3rd-party software to solve the issue, installed some, but it doesn't work; the best result i was able to get - is one video capture software actually recording CP2077 window with proper duration for the video captured, functioning hotkeys for starting and finishing recording - but contents of the resulting file is just pitch black, i.e. nothing. Then i found one good post somewhere mentioning how it's _only_ Geforce Experience software which supports video capture via d3d12on7 wrapper. And since i am not using Experience per above, and have my reasons to avoid W10 like plague it is, - seems my problem with video capture in CP2077 is indeed unsolvable. Well, their loss. My rig does swell capturing videos in all the other titles i play, and i'll prefer to keep it as it is. Especially since i'm able to make screenshots via print screen basic functionality just fine. ;)

Last edited:
tability of the rig takes priority over being able to capture videos from select few titles - this wrapper which causes the problem, it's only used by CP2077 and couple more titles i never play, so for me it's just CP2077 issue. I'll live.

P.S. Today, i took some effort trying to find some 3rd-party software to solve the issue, installed some, but it doesn't work; the best result i was able to get - is one video capture software actually recording CP2077 window with proper duration for the video captured, functioning hotkeys for starting and finishing recording - but contents of the resulting file is just pitch black, i.e. nothing. Then i found one good post somewhere mentioning how it's _only_ Geforce Experience software which supports video capture via d3d12on7 wrapper. And since i am not using Experience per above, and have my reasons to avoid W10 like plague it is, - seems my problem with video capture in CP2077 is indeed unsolvable. Well, their los

Some streaming software also allows saving video instead of streaming. Unfortunately many modern ones now require Win10. So that probably won't help. I use OBS live streamelements myself which has that functionality.

BAV51

Forum regular
I too like the Quartz Sidewinder you can obtain in the MIA Gig. You rescue Ben Macadams and the Sidewinder is parked outside. At the end he goes off with another Nomad and you are left with the car. It was this car that got me to install a mod that allows you to "sell" cars you do no own to Dakota, it also allows you to "buy" the car instead and it gets added to your "garage".

This is my favourite car now.

kp.jpg

I also found a Thorton "Little Mule" in a public garage and "brought" that too. Now my 2nd favourite.

lm1.jpg
lm2.jpg

I definitely think the game should allow us to keep the "stolen" vehicles, perhaps in a similar way to the one this mod uses.

I definitely think the game should allow us to keep the "stolen" vehicles, perhaps in a similar way to the one this mod uses.

I'm convinced that many elements which would make sense, are missing from the game simply because the devs didn't have time to program them. Keeping the cars that you steal is definitely one of those.

Hope we one day learn what exactly did the devs spend their time on. Whatever they are doing is incredibly inefficient, and then they spin it around saying "our handcrafted work has more quality!". It actually doesn't. I don't believe the company can continue like this in the future. Sooner or later the camel's back will break when they keep making things harder and harder for themselves.

Have you noticed there is a garage gate outside the ramp to V's garage that is scannable? I wonder if that was to be our garage or will be with DLC

I too like the Quartz Sidewinder you can obtain in the MIA Gig. You rescue Ben Macadams and the Sidewinder is parked outside. At the end he goes off with another Nomad and you are left with the car. It was this car that got me to install a mod that allows you to "sell" cars you do no own to Dakota, it also allows you to "buy" the car instead and it gets added to your "garage".

This is my favourite car now.

View attachment 11206624

I also found a Thorton "Little Mule" in a public garage and "brought" that too. Now my 2nd favourite.

View attachment 11206630View attachment 11206633

Those are niiice. Would love them for my Nomad V but, alas, am on a playstation :(

Have you noticed there is a garage gate outside the ramp to V's garage that is scannable? I wonder if that was to be our garage or will be with DLC

You mean the garage where your own car gets totaled by rogue Delamain and starts that quest chain? Also the first buyable car is actually already in that garage and you can buy it immediately to replace the trashed one.

Is there a closed gate somewhere?

You mean the garage where your own car gets totaled by rogue Delamain and starts that quest chain? Also the first buyable car is actually already in that garage and you can buy it immediately to replace the trashed one.

Is there a closed gate somewhere?
Yes, down the ramp close the street

Those are niiice. Would love them for my Nomad V but, alas, am on a playstation :(
Yep, i did. Could also be one-time spot for some cut-out or to-be-added-by-DLC quest. There is also an area painted as if it's a parking slot right in front of this garage, which i tested for if it'd offer any ability to "save" a vehicle - nope, it doesn't. Did that after i found someone writing somewhere that one particular garage in southern part of city center, which is involved in one side quest, allows to "save" vehicles after the quest's completion - which they are wrong about, that one doesn't work too. So far, did not find any particular spot anywhere which would allow to save stolen / free vehicles of any kind.

Not the one I took the other day. I'll post an image of it when I can, the one I had, was different.
Like I promised, this is the one that I keep finding
Rogues_Car.png

Rogues_Car2.png

[Edit]: Hah, funny... Just a minute in the game now and now Dino has an Outlaw on offer, just so happens to be the same model as the one above :)

Last edited:
I want a convertible shion (like goro's car).
But my favorite car, it's Galena Rattler (V nomade). It's a very fun driving car. And In this car, i'm like a in Hoonicorn mustang :D

Ok, here's the best i can do for now (see my above post about video capture):

View attachment 11206270

this screenshot should suffice, because:

- it is taken a split second after loading a saved game (standard PrtScrn button), which is why there is no UI yet in the game: all the UI appears a moment after scenery appears, and i took the screenshot before it does;

- it shows the three permanent cars described in the 1st post.

The "Sidewinder" cars you see - are "Quartz Sidewinder" model, a nomad modification of Quartz sport car. I've seen folks really wishing they could buy one, because of how fast / powerful it is. Well, this is the only way i know to anyhow "own" one - or even two, like i do. :)

P.S. If you want any more screenshots, taken in any particular manner - please tell me what kind, and i'll be happy to provide 'em.
That NCPD location is a good spot for persistent vehicles, I have been using it for ages as a random motorcycle park and they all persist there.. whereas in the car park below V's Mansion mostly everything vanishes after a relog. These days I now own the bikes and call them up using mods but my 'borrowed' ones are still there on that pad every day.

That NCPD location is a good spot for persistent vehicles, I have been using it for ages as a random motorcycle park and they all persist there.. whereas in the car park below V's Mansion mostly everything vanishes after a relog. These days I now own the bikes and call them up using mods but my 'borrowed' ones are still there on that pad every day.
However, i had many various cars disappearing from that very same spot (back when i did not have all 3 of my persistent cars parked there - just one and later two). Well over a dozen of all kinds. So it ain't the spot which makes them persistent.

I want a convertible shion (like goro's car).
But my favorite car, it's Galena Rattler (V nomade). It's a very fun driving car. And In this car, i'm like a in Hoonicorn mustang :D
I happened to come across a black one yesterday.
I kicked out the owners and now its on my parkingspot :)

If you play on pc trie the sell stolen car mod...you can have all the cars you want,and with the 1.2 patch you caneave them on the garage or ace of choice,they wont despown...have fun...

Thank you, Fabio, but i do not use mods. Any mods. The game is buggy as it is. Maybe in a year or two, i will use some mods. But not now. ;)

And many, many other players - do the same thing.

I do understand it...but there are some cars you can get that stay with you...i found a bike today i didnt know existed stored on a garage,i take it and it was there on mi garage...and i know more people that finds that stuff...

Anyone know anything about a special version of Jakies Arch called "Tuned" Jakies Arch? I got it via a glitch while trying to remove all the dam vehicle markers from my map. And I rode it around but I do not feel that it is any better than the normal one.

Top Bottom