So... Radio silence YET AGAIN? What's next after 1.2?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen any news after 1.2 got released, although i have not followed closely to be honest.

Has CDPR said anything about what to expect (and WHEN) after this last patch? Since the roadmap shared at the start of the year had it schedule obliterated by more excuses the cyberattack (and surely, everyone's favorite, covid of course I'm sure). Or have they at least mentioned new roadmap?

I'm more interested in fixes/improvements or DLC, single-player only, not really care about any multiplayer component (yeah, saw the news about moving from a multiplayer mode to multiplayer components instead).

(fun thing: first thing i saw then loaded the game with fresh patch installed was a white van falling from the sky, impact ground and everything, and afterwards, moved normally down the street) .

Thanks

I think there will be very, very little communication from CDPR from now on.
Before the release of CP2077 they were constantly talking about what they were going to do and it turned out that they did not deliver.
Lesson learned...

They're probably right to maintain radio silence; as soon as they announce anything then everyone goes nuts asking where is it? and why isn't it here yet?

Looking at March's roadmap I would expect the free DLCs to arrive around summertime, maybe a few bugfixes between then and now.

"SO... RADIO SILENCE YET AGAIN? WHAT'S NEXT AFTER 1.2?"

CDPR's spokesman said that the team will continue to focus on bug-fixing, patches, updates, so that everyone can get the experience they deserve.

About the "radio silence" that seems so apparent...

Some time ago I saw a post of a very reliable source revealing that the team had received death threads. That made it instantly all too clear to me of the real reason CDPR ceased any and all communication with it's playerbase. They've already lost one very important person, if you haven't forgotten already. Observing the everyday lovable (very) constructive criticism on mediums like these forums, Reddit, YouTube, etc, rest assured the team will maintain radio silence, and only "share" info a few days prior to release, when they're absolutely certain it's ready to go.

bign

Forum regular
Hello Games did the same with NMS. so cdpr should do the same (as in a NMS style redemption).
NMS was developed by a private company, whereas CDPR is publicly traded. I'm sure most investors would rather they move onto their next project instead of spending resources on something that still netted them a profit.

NMS was developed by a private company, whereas CDPR is publicly traded. I'm sure most investors would rather they move onto their next project instead of spending resources on something that still netted them a profit.
Do you know any investors? Do you know profit of company for last year? Sales?

bign

Forum regular
Do you know any investors? Do you know profit of company for last year? Sales?

Yes I am an investor.
The consolidated and segment reports for last year have not been released yet, they are due in mid April I believe.
However their deferred revenues grew by nearly 40% between the 2nd and 3rd quarter last year (representing mostly preorders for cyberpunk) accounting for 60% of the deferred development costs. So by the 3rd qtr of last year, preorders covered about 60% of Cyberpunks production costs. I expect final sales in preorders by the game release and subsequent sales to have easily covered this margin. My only concern is the percentage of returns/refunds.

Either way, I think this game will get the Andromeda/Anthem treatment. Updates/added content in the first year, then slowly slide quietly into the annals of gaming history. However, I don't think this will be the last we will see of Cyberpunk, I hope CDPR took this game as learning lesson (new engine, new design for them), and I think the sequel will be much better.

By the way, all of their financial statements can be accessed here: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/

There's a saying in my country ...
I quite sure its well known in your country too.
Or any country for that matter.

Hang on ... lemma get the correct words in order ..

Please. Have. Some. Patience!
8 years of production and half a year of the game still being busted isn't patience? People have raised children in less time it take for this game to be created in a broken state and still not fixed.

Yes I am an investor.
The consolidated and segment reports for last year have not been released yet, they are due in mid April I believe.
However their deferred revenues grew by nearly 40% between the 2nd and 3rd quarter last year (representing mostly preorders for cyberpunk) accounting for 60% of the deferred development costs. So by the 3rd qtr of last year, preorders covered about 60% of Cyberpunks production costs. I expect final sales in preorders by the game release and subsequent sales to have easily covered this margin. My only concern is the percentage of returns/refunds.

Either way, I think this game will get the Andromeda/Anthem treatment. Updates/added content in the first year, then slowly slide quietly into the annals of gaming history. However, I don't think this will be the last we will see of Cyberpunk, I hope CDPR took this game as learning lesson (new engine, new design for them), and I think the sequel will be much better.

By the way, all of their financial statements can be accessed here: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/
They do an Anthem and I'm out forever. They better update and fix this game. I only forgive so much.

Yes I am an investor.

Out of curiosity do you think we'll get any expansion packs like the two for The Witcher 3? Or do you think we'll just be getting hotfixes and little DLC updates as they quietly move on from the game?

Out of curiosity do you think we'll get any expansion packs like the two for The Witcher 3? Or do you think we'll just be getting hotfixes and little DLC updates as they quietly move on from the game?
question is if they ever be able to fix this game on old gen/current gen at all or if they stop support on these and move on only patching it for next gen/pc to have at least a lil chance to get it back on track. my doubts are serious if this game actually can be fixed in performance on the old gens they made so much profit with in the endl... cause after 2 patches performance and structure issues havent changed much... more the opposite they brought even more issues in performance, loading, graphics and sound.

or worst case they really ditch it at some point realizing it cant be fixed moving on with a sequal like bign said..... : /

I mean ofc we gonna have Expansion packs 50% of the stories are "TO BE CONTINUED" not to even mention the ending but sadly not in 2021 more likely 2022 however we got the DLC's no idea how many but yeah

it's not the matter of private or public. it's the "approach" and methods Hello Games took in regards of handling and fixing NMS that ALL companies including cdpr should take SERIOUS CONSIDERATIONS looking into.

Yes I am an investor.

Anthem is online game, so comparision is really bad. It's not some discovery they will patch this game whole year,they stated they will start to develop next AAA in 2022, so it can be Januray 2022, it can be December 2022. Based on what they did after release of Witcher 3, they released last expansion Blood and Wine 12 months after release of base game. So what exactly they doing right now and is different to Witcher 3? It's like normal cycle of development for them...it's even safe to say they will work on Cyberpunk after release, longer than on Witcher 3. So it makes Witcher 3 game like Anthem...? This logic is really weird for me.
They also informed public about sales of Cyberpunk 2077 around 20 December 2020, and it looks like release was very profitable for them.
Anthem sold 6 millions units, and it's online game. Andromeda sold 2-3 milions units and it's singleplayer game. CDPR has two IPs, they are not EA.

They repaired and updated tons of things with 1.2 (talking from PC user view) and I do not see reason why they woul be not able or willing continue this work. Imo 1.2 is very good foundation for further work. Yes, I have doubts about old consoles, but I fear they simply don't have option to abandon them ... My personal view is that game engine is too much power demanding and make it work on old gn consoles would sacrifice too much, but that's imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom