heads up display in CP 2077

+
hehe i just like the cliché start were you have a decent gear start and then you get betrayed/left for dead, and you have to start from scratch.
Thats why i said the gear gets damaged and cant display everything, lets say later you get to a quest (gear gets fixed but it displays less info after that) and you get an explanation of how it works(tutorial on modular hud) and how to get it to the state it was or better by "installing new modules".
Hardcore might not like hud but you have to hide explanations for the rest of the ppl imo.

i said the gear gets damaged and cant display everything, lets say later you get to a quest (gear gets fixed but it displays less info after that) and you get an explanation of how it works(tutorial on modular hud) and how to get it to the state it was or better by "installing new modules".

You played deus ex human rev? cuz thats exactly how thet incorporated the hud iN that game.....you might be inclined to think that they will do it different. But who knows.

You played deus ex human rev? cuz thats exactly how thet incorporated the hud iN that game.....you might be inclined to think that they will do it different. But who knows.

I don't know which version you played, but the one I played had you go through the intro with no HUD, then you got fucked by the bosses, then 6 months later your all kitted out and you have a HUD.

That HUD was not customisable in any way what so ever. They only thing that affected your HUD was EMP.

Or are you refering to the general 'upgrades and options' style that DE:HR used?

I don't know which version you played, but the one I played had you go through the intro with no HUD, then you got fucked by the bosses, then 6 months later your all kitted out and you have a HUD.

That HUD was not customisable in any way what so ever. They only thing that affected your HUD was EMP.

Or are you refering to the general 'upgrades and options' style that DE:HR used?

Umm yeah Chris but dont you remember at the start of the gameyour hud was damaged and you had to go to the tech guy for him to fix it? Also Im sure there was augments that effected your hud, I could be wrong though, I just remember having to go to the dude so he could adjust the hud and he said that features will unlock themselves in time or you could upgrade them with praxis points to excell the augs to work properly...something like this anyways.

Umm yeah Chris but dont you remember at the start of the gameyour hud was damaged and you had to go to the tech guy for him to fix it? Also Im sure there was augments that effected your hud, I could be wrong though, I just remember having to go to the dude so he could adjust the hud and he said that features will unlock themselves in time or you could upgrade them with praxis points to excell the augs to work properly...something like this anyways.

Yeah, it was basically a tweak, rather than a reapir. It didn't really change anything, other than it stoped being 'glitchy'.

There weren't any augmentations that directly affected the HUD. Smartvision let you track targets behind cover and such, but that doesn't count.

Here is a summary of what I mean by a 'modular' HUD, as was defined much ealier in this thread:

Actually 'seeing' any HUD at all is reliant on the character either having cyberoptics implanted or they mst be wearing smartgoggles/smartshades, (or even 'smart-contact lenses - why not...) These will provide a basic 'framework' for the HUD options to be displayed in. You will get a reticule and basic visual intergration software. Then you start adding mods:
Biomonitor - Health Display
Tech Link - Displays technical information about connected devices
Teleoptics - x10 variable zoom
Low Light - Low light vision
Thermograph - Thermal Imaging
IR - Infra red vision (mono-chromatic night vision)
Datalink - displays information for you to read.

The list goes on.

Each of these options simply provides data, but the way it is displayed is dependant on the hardware being used. Sovtech favour red colour schemes and very simple displays. If you get a cheap one it may even be in russian, so you will have to get a russian language chip to work out what is being displayed. (Or maybe a freindly tech can hack it and install a language patch for you...)

Now that is nothing like Deus Ex.

We also need a driving hud. It would look nice, especially in first person. Also it would enhance third person greatly.

(Also, i should mention, i want to see my hands while driving in first person view.)

We also need a driving hud. It would look nice, especially in first person. Also it would enhance third person greatly.

(Also, i should mention, i want to see my hands while driving in first person view.)

I would like that as an option as well... I hate in driving games where first person apparently means you have been strapped down head first to the hood of the car.

Don't remember when GTA switched to that, but I distinctly remember being able to drive with a perspective from inside the car...

Or maybe I am thinking of driver....

I am old, memory isn't what it used to be...

If CP2077 is TPP, it would be cool to have the modular HUD elements appear as augmented reality; the map in The Division is one example of this.

One think I didn't like about The Division's HUD was how it wrapped around the guy in TPP- makes the HUD appear gamey because it would be impractical for actual character in the game. But it might be cool to have it floating a bit to the side of the character (not stuck to screens ends, though), so it seems like it's something the character can actually view.

But my preferred option to view any modular HUD would be FPP.

Oh, and guys please update the wishlist for modular HUD:

(For the sake of new members) what we mean by modular is this: HUD elements can be customized and toggled at will.

HUD wishlist:

- modular, customizable HUD
- individual toggle options for each components; example: you can still view the Marquee, but turn off some aspect of it you don't want to view.
- hardware and software components, download or install components of HUD onto your favorite hardware.
- HUD components can be bought or sold
- illegal software availability, e.g. HUD which helps you find caches to loot.
- software available is specific to role or skill, e.g. "find the mark" for Solos.
- it's possible to completely remove HUD, both hardware and software, i.e. ability to toggle what you can or can't see, or play with zero HUD.

- individual toggle options for each components; example: you can still view the Marquee, but turn off some aspect of it you don't want to view.
- hardware and software components, download or install components of HUD onto your favorite hardware.
- software available is specific to role or skill, e.g. "find the mark" for Solos.
- it's possible to completely remove HUD, both hardware and software, i.e. ability to toggle what you can or can't see, or play with zero HUD.

Perfect.

I think we have to look at the HUD from a "consumer" perspective - you'll want to customize things to make it your own form of cool - tweak the colours, the layout, but mainly, you could spend ages just sorting through the different upgrades.

Possible ways to obtain HUD upgrades?

1. Buy it from Specsavers...?
2. Hack you visual device?

Also, how could HUD be damaged or stolen?

I would like that as an option as well... I hate in driving games where first person apparently means you have been strapped down head first to the hood of the car.
The "hood / bonnet" cam is pretty typical for sandboxes, since modeling vehicle interiors is pretty resource heavy, as far as development goes.

You'll please note that GRID2, a dedicated racing franchise, dropped modeled interiors, when they found through their metrics that only about 5% of gamers playing the first GRID were using the interior view.

Perfect.

I think we have to look at the HUD from a "consumer" perspective - you'll want to customize things to make it your own form of cool - tweak the colours, the layout, but mainly, you could spend ages just sorting through the different upgrades.

Possible ways to obtain HUD upgrades?

1. Buy it from Specsavers...?
2. Hack you visual device?

Also, how could HUD be damaged or stolen?

The primary idea was that the HUD itself would be reliant on the character wearing, (or being implanted with,) a display capable device. These being Cyber Optics, Smart Goggles, Mirror Shades and other ocular devices. These give you your basica framework for the display. Different manufacturers would favour different styles and colours. You then kit your new HUD out with all of these 'modular' elements in the form of added hardware directly to the device. Thermal vison upgrades, biomonitor links in your body would display a health tracker, smartgun links would display information about your current weapon, that sort of thing.

Stealing or damaging them would involve doing something to the display device.
(I hadn't considered it before, but headshots could potentially fuck up your HUD...)

Now, I know different people like differnt formats for their HUD, so instead of people saying 'No, I don't like the map overlay that The Division uses' or 'I don't wan't a centralised HUD, I want it in the corners', we should be making suggestion for what to add.

With this modular system, I am suggesting we should be able to choose from a myriad of options as to how to display data. Multiple styles, colours and layouts as well as what data is shown.

I really hope this is possible, because I have never, ever seen any developer produce this sort of customisation and I think it would be fucking awesome.

I really hope this is possible, because I have never, ever seen any developer produce this sort of customisation and I think it would be fucking awesome.

I've not seen that level of customisation in a game before, but I think this level of interaction will feel normal to consumers who carry smart phones. Rearranging icons on a phone is so easy it's just normal now - why could people not expect to see similar customization in a game HUD? By 2015, I'd expect to see easy customization.

heh, really I would be happy with just being able to choose size, placement, and colors of the various objects on my HUD... adding is specific styles would just be icing on the cake, but is not something I am expecting.

I just checked out the CDPR website and they are still looking for concept artists and, (drumroll please...) UI Designers!

There is hope!

If CP2077 is TPP, it would be cool to have the modular HUD elements appear as augmented reality; the map in The Division is one example of this.

One think I didn't like about The Division's HUD was how it wrapped around the guy in TPP- makes the HUD appear gamey because it would be impractical for actual character in the game. But it might be cool to have it floating a bit to the side of the character (not stuck to screens ends, though), so it seems like it's something the character can actually view.

But my preferred option to view any modular HUD would be FPP.

Oh, and guys please update the wishlist for modular HUD:

(For the sake of new members) what we mean by modular is this: HUD elements can be customized and toggled at will.

HUD wishlist:

perfect choice! heart

one thing to note, about that is the character is wearing optical contact lenses to see the hud map around him or her. But it's still the early stage for that game and they are going to maybe have to make it smaller because it would be weird to have to all ways go to a big enough space to open it up, with having it map out on the buildings near by...obstructing view of the map itself.

so if there is a hud, then it must be simple,sleek, visible easy to look at and not to much going on, on screen.

I rather like the HUD i-Lo posted, a couple of pages back (post # 154.) I think that would work well with both first- and third-person perspective.

Top Bottom