What do you actually LIKE about the game?

+
There are many threads criticizing this game for nearly every aspect of it: for its story, for its technical shortcomings, for the certainly not excellent AI, for the "lies" everyone and their mother think CDPR said prior to launch and the expectations that weren't met.

While i see a lot of things that could (and should) be improved, and the game has this feeling of "roughness" about it, like a rough diamond or a sketch on a canvas before the actual painting... i actually like it. I like it VERY MUCH.

In this thread, I'd like to hear what you actually enjoyed, liked or even LOVED about CP77.

Please, to everyone who wants to criticize the game and point out its shortcomings: there are better threads for that (quite a lot of them actually). This discussion will be all about the GOOD things.

I'll start. I've actually grown to love the combat in this game. It has this Doom-like vibe all over it: it's fast paced, straightforward, and expecially once you unlock things like Sandevistan or Berserk it makes you feel awesome, running and shooting while everyone is moving in slow-mo, or jumping from a container and squashing three goons like you were some sort of badass superhero. And the weapons? Should i even start? Revolvers that make people explode with a single bullet, blades coming out of your arms that would make Wolverine proud, katanas cutting arms and heads like you're some kind of japanese demon... There's something for every taste. You can approach every fight in a lot of different ways, from "silent assassin" style to a raging frontal assault that would make Rambo cry in a corner in shame. And all of this while you make people literally KILL THEMSELVES, make the grenades in their pockets explode or make them go completely psycho and assault their own allies, thanks to the variety of quickhacks.

So, your turn. Name the best aspect of the game, or the thing you enjoyed the most, and elaborate.

Judy, and sometimes Juuuudyyy as well.

Did I mention Judy?

Yeah... :)

In all seriousness, the combat is awesome, I'm having so much fun with the different builds (had melee netrunner, ranged netrunner, stealth netrunner, pacifist netrunner, katana solo, handgun solo, machinegun solo etc.) and sometimes I tend to break stealth going ''oh well time to bang'' :D.

The cars and driving around, whish there was more gameplay focused on all the awesome vehicles, I can imagine a Midnight Club kind of experience in Night City with crazy stunts and shortcuts that take you across roof tops and underground... so... much... potential...

Pretty much everything. I have a vivid imagination and CP2077 has a sprawling city with ample roleplaying opportunities. The characters and writing are adult and have this exquisite touch of quality similar to the Witcher 3. The world is eerily realistic and draws parallels to the problems we have in society today. I can imagine 2077 looking a lot like Cyberpunk. The game has artistic integrity and doesn't pander to some vanilla, made-for-console, mainstream lowest-common-denominator to become vapid and soulless like the newest Elder Scrolls or Assassin's Creed. That's what I appreciate the most.
It got too easy but then I downloaded a difficulty mod. The negative reaction to CP2077 is evidence of two things:

1. A reckoning for consoles. Consoles are inferior and consumers who own them are misled to believe that they are more powerful machines than they really are. 90 percent of the criticism comes from Sony fans or maybe some PC players who are salty they can't get a 30xx. They are so indignant that CDPR "did them dirty" by selling a "broken" or "unfinished" game, but its more finished on release than any Bethesda game ever released. And by the way, why would anyone, ever, preorder a game? CDPR did the industry a favor by exposing consoles as subpar when it comes to next-gen technology.

2. The internet hivemind effect. Its hard to do anything on the internet without Google abusively stalking your every move. More than ever before, the internet is becoming socialized, anonymity becomes elusive, and internet users are being crushed by peer pressure and credit algorithms, its the reddit downvoting effect and its turned the internet from an open frontier into a limited and restrictive groupthink engine. . The criticism of Cyberpunk is always the same 2-3 meaningless trifles: "the police show up and kill me" its so easy to run away from police, this isn't fucking GTA you don't need to go around being a criminal, most of the content in the game you're working FOR the police. "cars don't have AI" driving around Cyberpunk is an incredible experience, the car AI doesn't matter because its hardly the focus of the game. So what we have with modern internet is people literally repeating one another and saying things to feel like they fit in and get some 'upvotes'.

More than anything else, the characters and the setting. I've never been so immersed interacting with video game characters before, and exploring Night City somehow never gets old. I'm also really fond of the tabletop lore, Mike Pondsmith has created something truly special.

More than anything else, the characters and the setting. I've never been so immersed interacting with video game characters before, and exploring Night City somehow never gets old. I'm also really fond of the tabletop lore, Mike Pondsmith has created something truly special.

Which reminds me, Maximum Mike, I LOVE Maximum Mike OMG, wish there was a way to listen to the radio while outside of the vehicle... :(

I like everything about the game, probably because I never bothered to care about it until I saw the launch trailer, so those "lies" or "overpromised" bullshit that everyone is spreading everywhere don't bother me one bit.

But the biggest thing would be the characters, especially the main protagonist V. Phenomenal work here. The emotional attachment I got to them was like never before. And I shit you not. I was weeping while going through all of the endings. In every single one. The voice acting hits hard, fucking hell, it's a damn shame Cherami Leigh and Carla Tessara didn't win the BAFTA Game Awards.

That said, I can wholeheartedly say that Cyberpunk 2077 is the best-acted and well-written, emotionally compelling game I've ever played in my life.

There are many threads criticizing this game for nearly every aspect of it: for its story, for its technical shortcomings, for the certainly not excellent AI, for the "lies" everyone and their mother think CDPR said prior to launch and the expectations that weren't met.

While i see a lot of things that could (and should) be improved, and the game has this feeling of "roughness" about it, like a rough diamond or a sketch on a canvas before the actual painting... i actually like it. I like it VERY MUCH.

So, your turn. Name the best aspect of the game, or the thing you enjoyed the most, and elaborate.
1st, please let me agree with you: i do agree 100% with your 1st and 2nd paragraph. Actually, i couldn't say it better myself no matter how hard i'd try. Thank you!

2nd, my turn indeed. And it's whole number of things. In no particular oder:

- the whole map.

Love to go through all sorts of game's places once whole map is unlocked. Love to drive through. Love to climb things. Love to find paths into places we're not supposed to go and see all the mess of no textures and such. Like in Totentamz, like under Arasaka's tower, like on top of highest skyscrapers - mind you, i get there without any mods / tricks, good old exploration only. Strangely, all the "holes" which are technically flaws - to me is a big plus.

- lore.

How many books all the game's texts combine would make? And most of it is good stuff. Some, even great stuff.

- freedom.

Past Act 1, that is. Wanna sprint main story? Can do. Wanna halt main story? Can do. Wanna do side quests? Can do. Don't wanna? Be our guest. Everything's available, but not "must do now" sort. Heck, during almost all quests, main and side ones alike, at any moment it's possible to stop doing it, go away, do some other things, then go back to it. Or not. Even the few cases when NPCs tell something's urgent - usually it is not. And this is a kind of freedom not too many games manage to have and have it non-glitchy. For the most part, this one does.

- Jackie and Alt.

For several reasons, together too complex to explain in a single paragraph. Those characters are deeper than most people consider 'em be. Much deeper. And i can feel the love creators of those characters have for them, too. It sort of shines through.

- races.

And this is one weighty reward hearing it from me, 'cause i happen to be one very experienced and fast racer in all kinds of titles. This means, i recognise and nod to all the excellent work and effort put into Beast in Me - race tracks, whole racing system, physics. It does not mean it's flawless - opposite is true, several grim flaws are there, - but it's like an art piece which is amazing, but has some crap here and there on top. It's not love-hate, it's love for the whole thing despite hate for specific bits which mess some particular bits up.

- cars and bikes.

Meaning not just in races, but in chases and free roam too. The game does excellent job of having its own, distinct personality to each ownable vehicle (and quite a few more of non-ownable on top). 3+ dozens vehicles each one going in its own distinct manner? Not an easy thing to create, but they did it.

- brats.

Lots of folks complain it's too hard, but me, i find those boxing matches just great. My next playthrough, if i ever get to it, will be without installing _any_ arm 'ware, and i'll go beat 'em with V's bare 'ganic hands. Will be satisfying. :D

- the process of shooting full-auto guns.

I happen to be one retired cyber athlete who achieved some significant national-scale results back in very early days of Counter-Strike. Back in the day of CS beta 1.1...1.4, it was very, very realistic modelling of guns in that title. It's thus very dificult to have me approve any FPS' spread / recoil / feel of its irons. But CP? Does it swell for a game, and equally importantly, does it very differently depending on what particular gun it is. Excellent job, CDPR.

- explosions.

Who doesn't? :D
CH_shot.jpg

- hacking minigame.

Like i said elsewhere, it has more than it seems it does. And i dig those parts. There is always the optimal solution given current gear / perks, and possible ways to find it are often multiple; i.e., several different methods possible, some allowing for much easier and/or faster finding of the optimal solution. Stimulates creativity if one's into this kind of math.

- interiors.

Something so many titles strugle with: creating "feels proper" feeling when going through insides of buildings, tunnels and such. Fallout 4, notably, never "clicked in" in this regard, for me - always felt awkward, often felt wrong. CP does fantastic job at it, at least for me.

- languages.

All the different languages and the game's auto-translate. Fantastic job. I know two fluently, and few more "a bits of" myself, and thus i clearly hear and see how it's real deal: unlike so many titles, also movies - CP fakes nothing in this regard, all the spoken lines are made by native speakers, except extremely few cases when it's clearly intentional story-related stuff (someone speaking in non-native for them tongue because they want to, story-wise).

This list is far, far from complete, but i ran out of time to type it. So yep, the game's masterpiece, no doubt. Just a messy one, for now. Let's hope it'll get better.

Last edited:
I like everything about the game, probably because I never bothered to care about it until I saw the launch trailer, so those "lies" or "overpromised" bullshit that everyone is spreading everywhere don't bother me one bit.

But the biggest thing would be the characters, especially the main protagonist V. Phenomenal work here. The emotional attachment I got to them was like never before. And I shit you not. I was weeping while going through all of the endings. In every single one. The voice acting hits hard, fucking hell, it's a damn shame Cherami Leigh and Carla Tessara didn't win the BAFTA Game Awards.

That said, I can wholeheartedly say that Cyberpunk 2077 is the best-acted and well-written, emotionally compelling game I've ever played in my life.
57630982.jpg

1st, please let me agree with you: i do agree 100% with your 1st and 2nd paragraph. Actually, i couldn't say it better myself no matter how hard i'd try. Thank you!

2nd, my turn indeed. And it's whole number of things. In no particular oder:

- the whole map.

Love to go through all sorts of game's places once whole map is unlocked. Love to drive through. Love to climb things. Love to find paths into places we're not supposed to go and see all the mess of no textures and such. Like in Totentamz, like under Arasaka's tower, like on top of highest skyscrapers - mind you, i get there without any mods / tricks, good old exploration only. Strangely, all the "holes" which are technically flaws - to me is a big plus.

- lore.

How many books all the game's texts combine would make? And most of it is good stuff. Some, even great stuff.

This list is far, far from complete, but i ran out of time to type it. So yep, the game's masterpiece, no doubt. Just a messy one, for now. Let's hope it'll get better.
Nothing to add there :D
Maybe the musics who are also to good :)

- languages.

All the different languages and the game's auto-translate. Fantastic job. I know two fluently, and few more "a bits of" myself, and thus i clearly hear and see how it's real deal: unlike so many titles, also movies - CP fakes nothing in this regard, all the spoken lines are made by native speakers

This is an aspect of the game that i rarely see praised. CDPR really did a great work in this regard.

The game's masterpiece, no doubt. Just a messy one.

"Messy masterpiece" fits perfectly, it will be my favourite definition of the game from now on.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe the musics who are also to good :)

The music is simply great. There is something for every taste, from hip-hop to j-pop to techno to rock'n'roll to friggin' BLACK METAL. And a full station dedicated to JAZZ MUSIC!

Even the ambient music is great. I love killing Valentinos to that quirky, dissonant tune. Too bad i can't do that until mid-late game, because they repeatedly beat my ass at the lowest levels.

Last edited:
The music is simply great. There is something for every taste, from hip-hop to j-pop to techno to rock'n'roll to friggin' BLACK METAL. And a full station dedicated to JAZZ MUSIC!

The jazz station has some killer tunes. Some of the music absolutely sucks, honestly, but it sucks in a way that is realistic, and you also keep hearing the same damn overplayed tracks everywhere you go, which is VERY realistic

The jazz station has some killer tunes. Some of the music absolutely sucks, honestly, but it sucks in a way that is realistic, and you also keep hearing the same damn overplayed tracks everywhere you go, which is VERY realistic

It's pretty much the same with ads. You can hear "TASTE THE LOOOVEEE" and "OOOORGIATIC" around every corner. Realistic indeed.

I've been a genre fan for a long time so first it's the setting, tone and atmosphere which is really important and they really did an incredible job capturing Cyberpunk. I really love the little details that go with it; contextual animations like when V pulls out their personal link to jack into terminals, the neon street signs, the audio design and of course the characters but most of all I just love playing it and being in that world.

Really, despite the bugs I love nearly everything in the game. I think it's already an all-time favourite. I can't remember being this obsessed over an RPG since the Black Isle days.

Most of the characters. A lot of the quests. The atmosphere of the city is fucking incredible. I like that they weren't afraid to put straight up lock on guns in the game, and even though it's probably terribly inefficient, it's always hilarious to lock an entire shotgun blast onto someone. The mantis blades are incredible and would be even better if they were properly balanced and got just a couple small fixes. It's the most fun I've had just being in an open world in a while.

I can be very acidic about shit in this game but there's a reason I'm still on this forum.

Character design. Fashion design. Mechanical and City design. Combat. Weapons. Characters. Storyline.
I only really have one gripe with the game and its a fairly big issue but I saw past it pretty quickly as I just adored the concept and world so much.
I love just walking around Night City and vibing with everything.

Being a longterm cyberpunk "genre-phile" (is that a word..does that work??) just. the ability to wander around an oppressive neon drenched city and daydream living the low life high tech dream is something that ticks all the boxes for me.

I was actually suffering pretty badly internally before the game landed for various reasons but over the last few months the game has really been a genuinely healing experience for me, has cheered me up and inspired me no end.

So yes, like quite a lot about it. :giggle:

Oh yeah and Adam Smasher. We need more Adam Smasher <3.
Bring on extra content + DLC's. I will be heartbroken if the company ends up moving on before new story content is completed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom