So... Radio silence YET AGAIN? What's next after 1.2?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The entitlement people display is amazing.

While it is _nice_ to have communication, in this environment with so many people feeling entitled to demand what they want from the game, more communication becomes a legitimate distraction and time sink for the developers.

You're going to get the game they are designing. You can make polite suggestions and bring up some ideas, but they are still going to make the game they make. Demanding they talk to you constantly, tell you every little detail of what is planned, and act like you are entitled to this information and behave as if this is some form of collaborative effort is astounding to me.

Additionally, discussing what MAY be being done creates expectations that turn the entitled 'fans' into screaming whining crybabies when whatever concept they latched on to ultimately doesn't make the cut for the next patch even though the devs may have mentioned they were working on it.

CDPR is doing the right thing, quietly working (hard) to fix and improve the game they all collectively love just as much as you do. Except its their blood sweat and tears that made the game happen, not yours.

So chill already.

Maybe take some time doing historical research regarding the whole arc behind 'No Man's Sky'.

It would be all nice and dandy if the game was simply lacking promised features, not being fundamentally broken on many aspects. You're saying that they are making the game they want to make. Well that means that bugs and

The entitlement people display is amazing.

While it is _nice_ to have communication, in this environment with so many people feeling entitled to demand what they want from the game, more communication becomes a legitimate distraction and time sink for the developers.

You're going to get the game they are designing. You can make polite suggestions and bring up some ideas, but they are still going to make the game they make. Demanding they talk to you constantly, tell you every little detail of what is planned, and act like you are entitled to this information and behave as if this is some form of collaborative effort is astounding to me.

Additionally, discussing what MAY be being done creates expectations that turn the entitled 'fans' into screaming whining crybabies when whatever concept they latched on to ultimately doesn't make the cut for the next patch even though the devs may have mentioned they were working on it.

CDPR is doing the right thing, quietly working (hard) to fix and improve the game they all collectively love just as much as you do. Except its their blood sweat and tears that made the game happen, not yours.

So chill already.

Maybe take some time doing historical research regarding the whole arc behind 'No Man's Sky'.

One and done ip.

How do you know CDPR is "working hard", though?

Did they tell you they are? Did they tell you they are going to do it? Did they tell you how long they are going to do it, for CP2077? Did they tell you how _many_ developers are going to be doing it?

Because me, i did not see them telling any of this, anywhere. If i missed it - please show me where. If not, - then again, how do you know?

Because i've already seen an opinion which states that right now, very few developers keep working on fixing CP2077.

And i've seen with me very eyes CDPR's plans for releasing other things in observable future. Including a card game of some kind. Perhaps they changed their plans about it, at this time? Possible. But i did not see 'em announcing such change of their plans, while plans themselves - i did see.

So yeah. We do have doubts, sir. And we have reasons to. Which reasons, the above is only a small fraction of, too - just couple examples to hopefuly show why it ain't as simple as you've put it be.

P.S. Oh and you're dead wrong about not "fans'" blood and sweat which made the game happen. We bought the thing with money, you know. Without us buying it, whole thing wouldn't even start to happen: the fact we buyers exist - was very much required to allow this title to even start being developed. And if you sum up all the fans' money spent to buy it - you'll have literally tons of blood and sweat shed to earn this kind of cash, because majority of those paying customers - they don't get their money outta some fancy investment fund or huge inherited fortune, they actually DO sweat and blood doing some real work. So please do show us some respect, ok? :)

Last edited:
They've been through hell already and things have just kept happening. They have to actually internally fix their work policies, fix their own approach to game development and by recent events even their security flaws... The players aren't the only ones breathing down on their necks now, there's lawsuits and investigations... Any word they do publicly say is going to be used against them as they already bleed money...

I'm still sour that they apparently did make their money back... Which I'm fine with if the money goes to the actual developers, not the greedy sub-humans at the top, but that's unlikely. I bet eventually the Developers will fix this game enough to once again be making public statements, but don't expect them to say anything truthful right now that might get them in trouble

If the development should've taken 10 or 12 years. Then what? Also. For how long exactly could it have been considered a feverdream before that? But these are things besides the point. Anticipation that you are speaking of is not exactly the same as what is going on now
I could say the same thing for Starcraft 2 back in the day. Came 12 years after the first one, so do not speak to me of waiting for something.

Lastly. Any and all of this does not entitle anyone to call CDPR to stand before them and speak.
They are working on this game, they already stated such. So let them do their job and quit asking bits of info every damn 2 days after they gave you something.
Its the telltale sign of being ungrateful.
Well buddy, I'm not grateful to have paid £50 for a broken game that wasn't what was advertised. I purchased a product, I wasn't handed a gift from the kindness of the hearts of the developers.

They've been through hell already and things have just kept happening. They have to actually internally fix their work policies, fix their own approach to game development and by recent events even their security flaws... The players aren't the only ones breathing down on their necks now, there's lawsuits and investigations... Any word they do publicly say is going to be used against them as they already bleed money...

I'm still sour that they apparently did make their money back... Which I'm fine with if the money goes to the actual developers, not the greedy sub-humans at the top, but that's unlikely. I bet eventually the Developers will fix this game enough to once again be making public statements, but don't expect them to say anything truthful right now that might get them in trouble

Well put. I also see the continued Playstation delisting with no end in sight, I mean it's already April will do nothing but help the investors cause in their class action lawsuit.. Would not surprise if they settle out of court behind closed doors.

How do you know CDPR is "working hard", though?
Because i've already seen an opinion which states that right now, very few developers keep working on fixing CP2077.
"Maybe" the list of fix in 1.2 patch ? "maybe" :)
And if they are a few, then they are working very very hard :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom