To anyone still in doubt: CDPR said they'll continue working on the game, so it can sell for years

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how generous of them to remove glitches from the game that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Fixing bugs is the absolute bare minimum. What we were promised was not this game without bugs, but a completely different game. And they are not committed to that, not in the slightest.

Source:

So my takeaways.......

Radio silence is over......
Witcher 4 and CP2077 2 development starts next year.....
There is a criteria for relaunching on sony store....

“We are convinced that we can bring the game to such a state that we can be proud of it and therefore successfully sell it for years to come,” Kicinski said."

To me that says more than just fix bugs. Even if all they did was fix bugs, as long as they make good on their promise to support moders with REAL moding tools THAT alone would " successfully sell it for years to come" just as it did and for the same reasons it did for Oblivion and Fallout4!

Last edited:
Even if they only fix the bugs, it will already be good (for me). I have Skirym and Fallout 4 installed and for both, the unofficial patch :D

Wow Reuters article that isn't completely shitting on the CDPR?

Still, why did they say "Sony --- pulled Cyberpunk 2077 from its PlayStation Store only a week after its debut in December amid complaints of glitches in the video game."

The reason why game got pulled out was because CDPR promised refunds without consulting with Sony.

If this was because of the bugs, the game would've been back long time ago.

-

Also, who already didn't know this? Did anyone honestly expect them to just abandon it after years of working on brand new title, along with promises of bunch of DLC's and multiplayer implementations.

Who was this article written for? I didn't think there were investors below 60 IQ who couldn't put 1+1 together.

But this thing was actually interesting read:

"In another setback, CD Projekt was hit by a cyber attack in February. Kicinski said the company did not lose any data in the attack, which was caused by a hole in an external software, and it led to only a 2-3 week delay to its development work."

Does this mean the hacker wasn't actually able to get the data, and all that they gained access was the files and folder names? Or that they just had to get data from backups?

Still, I hope this article brings back some of the lost confidence.

Last edited:
Oh how generous of them to remove glitches from the game that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Fixing bugs is the absolute bare minimum. What we were promised was not this game without bugs, but a completely different game. And they are not committed to that, not in the slightest.
Pretty sure they will do more than just fixing bugs, but that's something that cannot be confirmed, just like your speculations about what they're committed to.

Did anyone honestly expect them to just abandon it after years of working on brand new title?

You'd be surprised. Some people still think CDPR is going to abandon the game because it isn't high enough on Steam charts or something.

You'd be surprised. Some people still think CDPR is going to abandon the game because it isn't high enough on Steam charts or something.
Sounds like words from people who know nothing about cdpr's history or past titles. I wouldn't be surprised if cyberpunk is a lot of these People's first go around with cdpr, and they just hold them to the same low standard as EA etc.

But this thing was actually interesting read:

"In another setback, CD Projekt was hit by a cyber attack in February. Kicinski said the company did not lose any data in the attack, which was caused by a hole in an external software, and it led to only a 2-3 week delay to its development work."

Does this mean the hacker wasn't actually able to get the data, and all that they gained access was the files and folder names? Or that they just had to get data from backups?

Still, I hope this article brings back some of the lost confidence.
Backups. I think that was even presumed by the hacker who mentioned it in the note that CDPR later published.

Fixing bugs is the absolute bare minimum. What we were promised was not this game without bugs,
[...] Every major game released on the market these days is riddled with bugs, this is a problem of the industry and the way these games are churned out. Only experienced game companies with long running franchises manage to get this under control, and even then, look at TES V, or Fallout, this is not new.

This is a huge open world game without microtransactions, CDPR business statement explicitly state they are going to work on improving it for years to come, its unnecessary for you to rave like this.

but a completely different game.
Exaggeration on you part, buddy. additional gameplay mechanics and added story elements maybe, but don't pretend the game was supposed to be completely different.

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] Every major game released on the market these days is riddled with bugs, this is a problem of the industry and the way these games are churned out. Only experienced game companies with long running franchises manage to get this under control, and even then, look at TES V, or Fallout, this is not new.
The problem simply is that the games are just too large to be tested anymore.

Lets say one worker can do 2000 hours of testing per year.
Lets say average player plays 40 hours of the game per year.

You would have to recruit around 500 000 people for testing every year just to match the testing power of 25 million gamers.

This means if you had some complex error that get's through the testing phase of 500 people, you'd have like 99.99% chance that a player discovers it before you have a chance to fix it before next patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Reuters article that isn't completely shitting on the CDPR?

Have they ever? Serious question because that would be really out of character. Everything I've ever seen them publish about anything reads fairly unbiased, including this.

Who was this article written for? I didn't think there were investors below 60 IQ who couldn't put 1+1 together.

People who like to stay up to date? I don't really get the question - I mean, it's just a standard news report. Kicinski told Reuters a thing, Reuters reported said thing, gave some context, the end. I don't know how anyone can criticise a news agency for doing the most basic thing they're meant to do.

Still, why did they say "Sony --- pulled Cyberpunk 2077 from its PlayStation Store only a week after its debut in December amid complaints of glitches in the video game."

The reason why game got pulled out was because CDPR promised refunds without consulting with Sony.

If this was because of the bugs, the game would've been back long time ago.

You've misinterpreted the quote; it's just a factual statement with no inference added. They didn't say, "it was pulled because".

Last edited:
Sounds like words from people who know nothing about cdpr's history or past titles. I wouldn't be surprised if cyberpunk is a lot of these People's first go around with cdpr, and they just hold them to the same low standard as EA etc.
From a customer's point of view who doesn't approach the whole affair as if CDPR are my favourite sports team, their past history is less relevant to me than their current behaviour. While i'm personally confident that the game will be improved, it doesn't change the fact that the company known as CDPR made the choice to release an unfinished product and take people's money for it and not even inform them of what they were going to find on December 10th when the game released. At this point, I'm far less concerned about the state of the game and more annoyed by the willingness of CDPR to sit silent while they let there loyal fans fight their battles and make some wafer thin excuses on their behalf. I have no time for the "hate train", but by the same token, I have no time for being gaslighted about the reality of the launch of this game.

From a customer's point of view who doesn't approach the whole affair as if CDPR are my favourite sports team, their past history is less relevant to me than their current behaviour. While i'm personally confident that the game will be improved, it doesn't change the fact that the company known as CDPR made the choice to release an unfinished product and take people's money for it and not even inform them of what they were going to find on December 10th when the game released. At this point, I'm far less concerned about the state of the game and more annoyed by the willingness of CDPR to sit silent while they let there loyal fans fight their battles and make some wafer thin excuses on their behalf. I have no time for the "hate train", but by the same token, I have no time for being gaslighted about the reality of the launch of this game.
Launch of game was different for different people. I have over 500 hours in game and had literally zero crashes. Game could be more polished in some aspects, but that's it, if you buy game on release risk is not everything will be perfect, that was always case. People can whine as much as they want, but if you want polished experience in huge games, you should buy it 1 year after release. Done it many times with Bethesda games, and never was frustrated with company, oppoiste to many folks - didn't even buy Cyberpunk on release, just before Christmas.
If I will see (some day) huge game released on many platforms same day, and being close to perfect experience then maybe I will change my mind...
Companies can simplify games to achieve that, but then I won't buy games.

Specifically because Cyberpunk 2077 is my first time with CDPR I will not hold them to the same standard as I do EA (as example)
From EA I have seen how they operate and what they clearly do not care for.
Hence why EA will be passed up and/or scrutinized without a blink.
For CDPR, they deserve that chance to prove themselves to stand by players in the end.
And, lest not forget. Cyberpunk still has much to offer in the mean time.

Nah, I'm not ready to follow the hatetrain, not even by a countrymile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom