Judy romance update/expansion/DLC.

+
On my current playthrough I just finished Pyramid Song again and I was wondering if the Heart of Laguna Bend necklace has some missing interactions. It's the second thing you can pick up during the dive but unlike the old photocamera you can't give it to Judy, I've tried speaking to her after you pick it up but there's no dialogue. It's strange because you can see it in your inventory but you can't do anything with it. You can't wear it yourself and you can't place it in your apartment as memento of the dive, it doesn't let you sell it either.
How awesome would it be if you could go to Judys apartment after the dive and give it to her as a gift? Have V fasten it round her neck and have her wear it in the epilogue as you both leave Night City...

On my current playthrough I just finished Pyramid Song again and I was wondering if the Heart of Laguna Bend necklace has some missing interactions. It's the second thing you can pick up during the dive but unlike the old photocamera you can't give it to Judy, I've tried speaking to her after you pick it up but there's no dialogue. It's strange because you can see it in your inventory but you can't do anything with it. You can't wear it yourself and you can't place it in your apartment as memento of the dive, it doesn't let you sell it either.
How awesome would it be if you could go to Judys apartment after the dive and give it to her as a gift? Have V fasten it round her neck and have her wear it in the epilogue as you both leave Night City...
Or maybe better yet, V drops the bullet necklace like she currently does and puts on the new one as Judy sits next to her...would be a great little message on having faith and starting a new phase without being heavy handed.
EwnnDRmXMAQaohZ.jpeg

Is it the necklace next to the church that you're referring to? I think it was put in purely to set up the punch line for Judy (which I have no complaints about).

There are lines for it. Judy makes one of the funniest remarks in the game actually, in response to V finding it :333

Maybe it broke after 1.2, but Judy definitely has a response for the necklace on PC 1.12

Last edited:
Is it the necklace next to the church that you're referring to? I think it was put in purely to set up the punch line for Judy (which I have no complaints about).

There are lines for it. Judy makes one of the funniest remarks in the game actually, in response to V finding it :333

Maybe it broke after 1.2, but Judy definitely has a response for the necklace on PC 1.12

The dialogue still works, but if nothing else it would have been nice to decorate your apartment with it at a bare minimum.

No the lines work fine in this patch. To me, it's strange that if it's there only to set up that line from Judy (which i agree is funny and cute) then why allow the player to pick it up and take it with them? Surely you could just have it be scanable like the other items if that's what was intended?
To me it seems like it might be an item that you were supposed to be able to place in your apartment, like the scorpian figurine you get from Mitch. Or something you can gift to Judy seeing as you can't wear it yourself.
Im probably wrong and it is just there to set up that line, but a choom can dream right...? :)

'Sup chooms? How's your day?

Judy: "I need your help Vincent"
V: "Just tell me when and where"
photomode_12042021_224045.png

photomode_12042021_224825.png

photomode_12042021_225238.png

V: "I think that talk doesn't go well Jud... But we know where's Woodman. You know what I wanna say"
photomode_12042021_225545.png

V: "Now it's over Judy..."
photomode_12042021_230929.png

And after a few days, Judy called with a plan...
photomode_13042021_204113.png

Judy: "How about you, Vincent?"
V: "You can count on me"
photomode_13042021_205058.png

Judy: "... Vincent.... what's going on?"
photomode_13042021_205217.png

V: "Remember that Relic chip? It's killing me..."
photomode_13042021_205325.png

Hope they can fix some little details like that (the necklace) in a DLC.
They rushed the scenario and fixed things from here and there.
What we see now are just faded memories of greats ideas vanished in their unfinished work.

Great interview from Carla about voicing Judy!

Judy voice actress interview
She's the best
Happy_Judy_PNG.png

That said, one sentence in the article made me cringe a bit :
It’s a refreshing change of pace for games like this, where the reward at the end of such romantic pursuits is often a brief sex scene regardless of your gender.
Okay there is a gender restriction tied to the writing of the character, but that's not new in video games. And more importantly "getting a brief sex scene" was basically the culmination and end of every romance arc in the game so :shrug:

“Judy rocks, so if I ever get an opportunity to voice her again, I’m on board,” Tassara says. “I want more. Of her and of characters like her. She felt embodied, a fully fleshed out, psychologically complex being.”
Now that, on the other hand, is very engaging! Tassara wants more, we want more, so pls pls pls give us more
Look_Judy_6 PNG.png

I haven't contributed meaningfully to the thread for a while and do have some catching up to do, related to previous posts, but here's another taste of scenarios that can be created in the game with some light modding, that I think would add quite a bit more play time for players if formally implemented (opinion based on how much time I've spent using the AMM to create scenes like this);

Just conversations and more of those intimate moments that made me melt during normal story gameplay :3

(Of course I want all the other Judy related stuff too, but this post is aimed more towards the simple stuff lacking in complexity)

Until I get more time to make a considered post, here's a teaser; (◠‿◠✿)

Last edited:
She's the best View attachment 11209546

That said, one sentence in the article made me cringe a bit :
It’s a refreshing change of pace for games like this, where the reward at the end of such romantic pursuits is often a brief sex scene regardless of your gender.
Okay there is a gender restriction tied to the writing of the character, but that's not new in video games. And more importantly "getting a brief sex scene" was basically the culmination and end of every romance arc in the game so :shrug:

“Judy rocks, so if I ever get an opportunity to voice her again, I’m on board,” Tassara says. “I want more. Of her and of characters like her. She felt embodied, a fully fleshed out, psychologically complex being.”
Now that, on the other hand, is very engaging! Tassara wants more, we want more, so pls pls pls give us more View attachment 11209549
Seeing CDPR retweeting Carla interview about Judy gives me a little glimmer of hope ... That maybe it's a sign that they are not quite done yet with her character .... That they see what impact she had on players, the story itself aaand they want to give us more content? :shrug:
Keep the hope alive!

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend...back once more to the grind.

Was wondering what the thoughts were on whether or not we might see licensed fiction down the road for CP. I think we're all clueless on where CDPR can go with DLC...commissioned novels might be a good way of continuing some of the stories left over from the game (including Judy’s!)

And unlike DLC, a series of novels each following up on different or alternate endings would still feel very much in the vein of cyberpunk and noir fiction. Probably a longshot, but just a thought!

99pb49jhumq61.jpg

Top Bottom