Sound Issues

+
If you are on oc than there is a mod on nexus mastering the audio. It's cool hearing the different radio stations playing in the background as you punk those hostile enemies of night city
I installed that mod and wow! It made a huge difference in the audio being able to clearly hear all the radio stations, conversations, effects, etc. It's a whopper at 11GB but it is worth it if you want to actually hear the world around you.

In regards to audio crackling I wanted to share something that worked for me. I don't know what changed exactly but it solved it.
About a day before the 1.06 patched I bought a M2 drive and moved the game there to speed up load times. It was shortly after that, coincidentally, I started getting audio crackling. Damn, that stuff is maddening! Before this I was just trying tie Equalizer APO and Hesuvi fix for the audio which worked to a degree.
I was using the onboard audio from an Asus Z170-AR with a i5-6600K and 16GB RAM. Up until then it sounded fine. I moved the game back to the old drive thinking maybe it was the M2 drive that was causing it but...nope. Static continued non stop from that point on. I scoured the internet looking for fixes but the ones that always came up were "change the sample rate" which didn't do jack for me. All the stuff I tried

• Change sample rate from 24-bit to 16-bit on all rates.
  • Disabled all audio enhancements
  • Disabled all other audio devices
  • Verified file integrity with Steam
  • Unchecked Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device
  • Disabled Spatial Sound for Headphones
  • Borrowed a different sound card ( gotta try )
  • Decreased the volume in game
  • Changed the speaker type in game

There is stuff I am probably forgetting but it has been like this since the 1.06 patch and the following updates would not fix it.

I came across a Reddit post where a user said that they disabled XMP in their BIOS and that fixed the crackling for them. I checked mine and it was disabled. Since I was already in there I ran the Asus Easy Tune to load the optimal settings for gaming. Upon rebooting the one thing I could immediately see that changed was that the CPU OC lowered a bit from 22% to 17%. Got into windows, started the game....crackling is finally gone!!!!

I really have no idea what may have caused this since the audio crackling ONLY happed in CP. I have not changed anything in the BIOS for over 3 months. All other games were fine. Maybe some setting in the BIOS just didn't sit well with this game. I am just not that PC savvy enough to figure out what it might have been. Maybe some CPU OCing value or RAM timing didn't sit well with the game. I honestly don't know. I just hope this helps someone with their audio crackling by looking into their own BIOS settings and hopefully it helps them fix the crackling.

I installed that mod and wow! It made a huge difference in the audio being able to clearly hear all the radio stations, conversations, effects, etc. It's a whopper at 11GB but it is worth it if you want to actually hear the world around you.

In regards to audio crackling I wanted to share something that worked for me. I don't know what changed exactly but it solved it.
About a day before the 1.06 patched I bought a M2 drive and moved the game there to speed up load times. It was shortly after that, coincidentally, I started getting audio crackling. Damn, that stuff is maddening! Before this I was just trying tie Equalizer APO and Hesuvi fix for the audio which worked to a degree.
I was using the onboard audio from an Asus Z170-AR with a i5-6600K and 16GB RAM. Up until then it sounded fine. I moved the game back to the old drive thinking maybe it was the M2 drive that was causing it but...nope. Static continued non stop from that point on. I scoured the internet looking for fixes but the ones that always came up were "change the sample rate" which didn't do jack for me. All the stuff I tried

• Change sample rate from 24-bit to 16-bit on all rates.
  • Disabled all audio enhancements
  • Disabled all other audio devices
  • Verified file integrity with Steam
  • Unchecked Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device
  • Disabled Spatial Sound for Headphones
  • Borrowed a different sound card ( gotta try )
  • Decreased the volume in game
  • Changed the speaker type in game

There is stuff I am probably forgetting but it has been like this since the 1.06 patch and the following updates would not fix it.

I came across a Reddit post where a user said that they disabled XMP in their BIOS and that fixed the crackling for them. I checked mine and it was disabled. Since I was already in there I ran the Asus Easy Tune to load the optimal settings for gaming. Upon rebooting the one thing I could immediately see that changed was that the CPU OC lowered a bit from 22% to 17%. Got into windows, started the game....crackling is finally gone!!!!

I really have no idea what may have caused this since the audio crackling ONLY happed in CP. I have not changed anything in the BIOS for over 3 months. All other games were fine. Maybe some setting in the BIOS just didn't sit well with this game. I am just not that PC savvy enough to figure out what it might have been. Maybe some CPU OCing value or RAM timing didn't sit well with the game. I honestly don't know. I just hope this helps someone with their audio crackling by looking into their own BIOS settings and hopefully it helps them fix the crackling.
Wow... this makes absolutely no sense. enabling xmp should always give you better performance (over xmp-disabled without custom settings) and it should improve cpu performance which potentionally can reduce that crackling noise, if the factory clock and unified memory clock are set correctly.
Anyway, glad it worked for you!

Wow... this makes absolutely no sense. enabling xmp should always give you better performance (over xmp-disabled without custom settings) and it should improve cpu performance which potentionally can reduce that crackling noise, if the factory clock and unified memory clock are set correctly.
Anyway, glad it worked for you!

It stumped me as well. I had disabled it since sometimes the PC would randomly lock up during high demand and after disabling it, it never happened again. After realizing I didn't have the latest BIOS I updated it but forgot to check XMP. Rechecked the BIOS again this morning and Easy Tune enabled it. It is strange that I had no audio issues before 1.06 but with this game's history who knows. :shrug:

new AMD chipset driver fixes audio crackling:
(beta updates coming in April)

Last edited:
Hello

For a long time i had the problem with no sounds from radio, random NPCs, enemie gunfire, ambient.

I installed it fist at my laptop.
Later on my PC

My PC i had the Sound Problems sudendly on some time in the Game.

2 Days ago i deleted the Files from my Laptop i played the Game first.

Now the sounds are Fine on my PC again.

I did NOT Play on the Lapatop right bevore (or some days) the Sounpoblems occured on the PC.

Changing to 16-bit audio in windows and games is a classic quick fix when it comes to audio issues.
Changing to 44,100hz instead of 44,000hz is also a classic audio fix.

I like audio and always run Hi-Fi soundcards and use Hi-Fi headphones and this has helped me many times in many games.
16-bit 44,100hz is the classic CD quality

I still have problems when some fixers call (Regina all the times, Wakako sometimes) and the first dialogue does not show (not even the subtitles).

First time I played (January) I didn't have this problem. I reinstalled and repaired the game, but nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm currently doing 'The Gift' quest and in the shop where I pick up the program the shopkeeper is speaking but there's no audio when she speaks.

Screenshot:
View attachment 11073170
Yea... now they did, when they realized they couldn't pull of what they set out to do.
The audio files are either missing or were taken out of "The Hunt" for editing reasons or perhaps they are writing it in like the beginning of the Nomad were V can only call "Mr. Welles" by HAMM radio from a tower so the audio files were scratched off the file because of damages to the datashard? If this game is really going this detailed, the game could go even better if they added fine tuning to cyberhacking and other stats. Like for instance, the developers could add deeper actual hacker perks that allow for fine tuning our "Ping" cyberhack so that it pick up better on the wireless network ping requests? Like a time-to-live TTL millisecond triangulation pinpoint 5G accuracy ping for types of weapons enemies are currently carrying. The figures of my cyberhack pinged enemies keep becoming more undetectable so add decryption algorithm libraries that hack their netrunner cloaking mods.

Attachments

• The Hunt Audio files missing or taken out for editing reasons unknown.png
    The Hunt Audio files missing or taken out for editing reasons unknown.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
I don't have crackling problems, sound just dissapears sometimes in an upredictable manner, sometimes ambient, sometimes music, gunfire and the worst in dialogues. Whyle in game it is at least tolerable in dialogues lost replicas just start a second or couple later often rolling on the next replicas, creating sound mess and finally ruining the whole dialogue. And seems there are lots of dialogues in this game, so for me it is an absolute gamebreaking issue.
I've tried everything from changing frequences, installing equlizers and other sound software to reinstalling video drivers) Nothing helpes.
Thought the issue will be solved in patch 1.2 as it seems many people have it on all the platforms, but no. Started prologue for the 4th time and unfortunatelly dropped it today.
The game looks not bad in terms of plot, graphs, setting etc. but it is just not playable (at least for me) even after 5 month after release. Don't think I will give it another chance.

If your PC is using Realtek for audio, a solution to missing audio was found on page 5:

However, that solution doesn't apply to everyone, so I expand on it on page 7:

The only problem is that some sounds might still go away after playing for a long time and you'll have to reload your game. I haven't played for a while so I don't know if things have changed with the new patch. It's an issue with the game and I don't know if it was fixed. I didn't see anything related to it in the patch notes.

Last edited:
If your PC is using Realtek for audio, a solution to missing audio was found on page 5:

However, that solution doesn't apply to everyone, so I expand on it on page 7:

The only problem is that some sounds might still go away after playing for a long time and you'll have to reload your game. I haven't played for a while so I don't know if things have changed with the new patch. It's an issue with the game and I don't know if it was fixed. I didn't see anything related to it in the patch notes.
To say honestly was too to lazy to look throygh all the pages of forum and didn't try this tip previously. Indeed I have Realtek audio and ASUS motherboard, done everything by your instruction but it still doesn't work. Anyway thank you for trying to help and sharing a solution which might help other desperate CP players)

To add to this, I did try this and thought I had it. Before, I checked my drivers and very much to my surprise, they were all Win 10 32 bit drivers. I am using an ASUS TUF X570-plus motherboard with Realtec audio on board. I then uninstalled the 32 bit Win 10 audio drivers and installed the Realtec...so far so good. Well, not so good, I thought I had it but apparently the Realtek drivers did not install and Win 10 once again replaced the audio drivers with the same 32 bit. I'm using Win 10 Pro / 20H2 / 64 bit.

I have no clue. My solution: I'm going to disable the onboard audio and then install my old Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio card and see if that will work. In the mean time I stopped using my optical output and switched over to the hard wire and I now have something resembling 5.1 audio ( I do not use headphones ), at least it shows up in the menu (5.1) in both the Win 10 set up and the Realtek Console with a hard wire connection.

Thank You Win 10...

To add to this, I did try this and thought I had it. Before, I checked my drivers and very much to my surprise, they were all Win 10 32 bit drivers. I am using an ASUS TUF X570-plus motherboard with Realtec audio on board. I then uninstalled the 32 bit Win 10 audio drivers and installed the Realtec...so far so good. Well, not so good, I thought I had it but apparently the Realtek drivers did not install and Win 10 once again replaced the audio drivers with the same 32 bit. I'm using Win 10 Pro / 20H2 / 64 bit.

I have no clue. My solution: I'm going to disable the onboard audio and then install my old Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio card and see if that will work. In the mean time I stopped using my optical output and switched over to the hard wire and I now have something resembling 5.1 audio ( I do not use headphones ), at least it shows up in the menu (5.1) in both the Win 10 set up and the Realtek Console with a hard wire connection.

Thank You Win 10...

You might wanna try a BIOS (beta) update. I've posted this earlier today in another thread:

A Patch for Agesa 1.2 is now available within BIOS updates from several vendors, fixing issues with USB connectivity, including audio crackling.
Some are available as beta version "1.2.0.1 Patch A". It will be followed by "1.2.0.2" later this month.
Check your motherboard vendor's website for available updates.

AMD's official statement on its new updated AGESA

You might wanna try a BIOS (beta) update. I've posted this earlier today in another thread:
Thanks for the comment, I'll look into it. While this may sound silly, it's like Win 10 takes over and replaces the drivers you (try) to install.

Thank You Win 10...
First, uninstall your Realtek audio drivers and restart your PC like you usually do.
Important: During uninstallation, you have to select the option to delete the driver file as well (if that option is available).
After restarting, Windows 10 will automatically install its default audio driver. This is normal and it's okay. Your Device Manager probably looks something like this now:
Realtek 01.jpg

If you check its properties, you'll see this. Choose "Update Driver".
Realtek 02.jpg

Then this...
Realtek 03.jpg

Assuming you downloaded and have the correct HDA Realtek Driver (for me it's FF00) like I explained in a previous post, search for its folder and install it:
Realtek 04.jpg

Realtek 05.jpg

Now your Device Manager should look like this:
Realtek 06.jpg

If you check its properties, you'll see that things are different now:
Realtek 07.jpg

Now go in your Windows 10 sound options and do this:
Realtek 08.jpg

Realtek 09.jpg

Important: You have to restart your PC for this change to take effect.

Assuming you downloaded the correct HDA Realtek driver for your motherboard, your sound should be working normally, and you shouldn't have any missing Cyberpunk 2077 audio anymore.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment, I'll look into it. While this may sound silly, it's like Win 10 takes over and replaces the drivers you (try) to install.
:cool:
Btw, I think it's normal that a bunch of tasks are running in 32bit mode despite Windows being 64bit.
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Last edited:
Hi, ever-one I have an issue with Radio Voulme when I entering the car the radio volume is too low on cars could anyone please help I tried many ways to fix it. Still, the issue remains am using latest version of the game & my audio drive is a Realtek audio driver using the latest version of audio drives.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    115.1 KB · Views: 45
Top Bottom