To anyone still in doubt: CDPR said they'll continue working on the game, so it can sell for years

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
using bethesda as an example for games releasing buggy, is a bad example;
bethesda is known for their buggy games; it's kina like a meme now; "it's not a bug it's a feature"
For all Bethesda's Games, if you playing it now (many years after their releases), you still need to install the "Unofficial patch"... (I have it for TES and Fallout). But we can said, Skyrim is a good game (Fallout we love or not).
I don't understand such harshness on CDPR (no memory so much on Bethesda). Yes, you can be mad. Yes, they made mistakes... But you can wait and replay (or not as you wish) CP in one or two years ;)

But to say now that they are not going to do anything and that the game is dead, it's a little bit prematured

Last edited:
I just like to think CDPR have learned from their mistakes, and they'll be true to their words from now on.
Lol. Think what you like. Only actions can prove all doubt wrong. Untill now there is nothing that will bring back the trust of me and maybe other Gamers. Heck, I liked CDPR before the Cyberpunk release and now? I am just disappointed and some article is not gonna change that. Only if CDPR will finaly release a Cyberpunk that will be somehow near that what was promised by CDPR marketing for years I will (maybe) somewhat trust them again untill then we will see! And yes for me CDPR joined the Band of Bethesda, EA and others. Their promise not to be like them and then doing the same just made it worse. I still somehow hope that CDPR will prove me wrong but realistically I do not expect anything...

Guest 3847602

Only if CDPR will finaly release a Cyberpunk that will be somehow near that what was promised by CDPR marketing for years I will (maybe) somewhat trust them again untill then we will see!
Would that mythical "promised game" include features like train, wallrunning, car customization or buyable apartments? Because those notorious liars from CDPR spoke openly about their removal.

I just like to think CDPR have learned from their mistakes, and they'll be true to their words from now on.
Sure, I'd like to think it to. But there's no particular think its the case.
Post automatically merged:

So you think they onlu fixing bugs, because polish govt. told them...Nice theory...
Didn't the Polish govt threaten them with action if they didn't fix the game? That's not a theory. My point being you can't give CDPR too much credit when the fact is they are being directed by an outside agency.

So I had to deleted half a page of posts as the discussion went super off topic, even into personal attacks territory.

Please stay on topic and address other users with kindness and respect, otherwise further measures will be implemented.

Didn't the Polish govt threaten them with action if they didn't fix the game? That's not a theory. My point being you can't give CDPR too much credit when the fact is they are being directed by an outside agency.
Nope they are obliged by goverment only to fix the performance issues on the consoles and bugs. The agency that is responsible for consumer rights cares only about this. Any content or features wanted by fans they will add to the game is on them and they deserve credit for that.

Fixing the bugs just makes sense but if they wanna show commitment they need to improve how the story ends so that people aren't left feeling empty after finishing the game.

Fixing the bugs just makes sense but if they wanna show commitment they need to improve how the story ends so that people aren't left feeling empty after finishing the game.
Dont count on it maybe we will get post ending dlc but all the different endings are the best part of the game for me so I dont get the complaints.

Nope they are obliged by goverment only to fix the performance issues on the consoles and bugs. The agency that is responsible for consumer rights cares only about this. Any content or features wanted by fans they will add to the game is on them and they deserve credit for that.
You're giving them credit for future content they haven't created yet? And I think you got a typo there, you wrote "nope" should be "yep" because you're agreeing with what I said.

You're giving them credit for future content they haven't created yet? And I think you got a typo there, you wrote "nope" should be "yep" because you're agreeing with what I said.
Modders already uncovered some content that Cdpr is working on and that will be probably added in the next patch its not a question of if but when.

And as I said before they are not required to add anything beyond bug and performance fixes.

Last edited:
Beyond the bugs on all platforms, the game is still unplayable (at least in my experience; xbox one base) 5 months after launch. I see a lot of talk about other shady game companies, but this state of game is unprecedented in my own personal experience. I dont mean any offense to any CDPR fans (I am one myself,) but they have become one of those "shady" companies. The bottom line is $$$. When I say "shady", I dont really mean it with a negative connotation, I just mean that their primary job is to maximize profits. At the end of the day, I still think they care about putting out quality games. Personally, prior to CP, I had a naive view of CDPR, in that their mantra was the inverse... quality over profits. I was so naive, I didnt get a refund under the belief, hope, and trust that CDPR will fix the game. Alas, its a corpo world and here I am 5 months later.

I check back on the forums every now and then to see if theres any improvement or any new information. I really think one day I will check in and the game will be working. While it may not be the game that was promised, I believe it will play without the framerate dropping so low it freezes my game. Like I said before, one of the driving forces behind fixing the game is pride in overall quality of the product, the main driving force to fix the game is $(not just selling more CP; but fixing their reputation to sell future games). And thats ok...

Nonetheless... You're giving them credit for future content they haven't created yet?
Im not in position to give credit to anyone all Im saying is they deserve credit for the content that they will inevitably add to the game WHEN THEY DO IT. Im saying this because even on this forum I read posters saying that this is game is dead and will be abandoned soon.

Beyond the bugs on all platforms, the game is still unplayable (at least in my experience; xbox one base) 5 months after launch. I see a lot of talk about other shady game companies, but this state of game is unprecedented in my own personal experience. I dont mean any offense to any CDPR fans (I am one myself,) but they have become one of those "shady" companies. The bottom line is $$$. When I say "shady", I dont really mean it with a negative connotation, I just mean that their primary job is to maximize profits. At the end of the day, I still think they care about putting out quality games. Personally, prior to CP, I had a naive view of CDPR, in that their mantra was the inverse... quality over profits. I was so naive, I didnt get a refund under the belief, hope, and trust that CDPR will fix the game. Alas, its a corpo world and here I am 5 months later.

I check back on the forums every now and then to see if theres any improvement or any new information. I really think one day I will check in and the game will be working. While it may not be the game that was promised, I believe it will play without the framerate dropping so low it freezes my game. Like I said before, one of the driving forces behind fixing the game is pride in overall quality of the product, the main driving force to fix the game is $(not just selling more CP; but fixing their reputation to sell future games). And thats ok...
I can't speak to your experience, but I got 2 full playthroughs on xbox one. Had a handful of bugs and a couple crashes before the first patch, but enjoyed it thoroughly afterwards. Not sure how it's unplayable for you.

Finally received my series x a couple weeks back and it plays great.

I can't speak to your experience, but I got 2 full playthroughs on xbox one. Had a handful of bugs and a couple crashes before the first patch, but enjoyed it thoroughly afterwards. Not sure how it's unplayable for you.

Did you read the 1.2 patch notes? Notice all of the critical bugs that were supposedly fixed on PC?

Yeah, I encounted none of those. So were those errors made up, or is it simply possible that the entire world doesn't revolve around your own personal experience?

1.2 said performance improvement for consoles whats not the case on my side ps4 - yet there are still more people saying they have issues than people saying 1.2 actually fixed a lot for or even anything for them - but downgrades in loading times and graphics even more.... hmm always a point of view, no?

Last edited:
Its naive to think a corporation who cared so little for gamers, false advertised with this release will now suddenly become true to their words from now on.
Post automatically merged:

1.2 said performance improvement for consoles whats not the case on my side ps4 - yet there are still more people saying they have issues than people saying 1.2 actually fixed a lot for or even anything for them - but downgrades in loading times and graphics even more.... hmm always a point of view, no?
Performance the same but downgrades existent. How someone can manage that is beyond me.
So you still have bad performance and the game looking even worse.
Not that it did not locked blurred, grainy, bad at distance before.

Last edited:
That is the biggest issue I think for them to try and solve. How is performance on what should more or less the same machine a PS4 doing such different things for various players.
I can also count my blessings with only a handfull of problems. But apparently other have issues more severe.

And then there's the question on, what is an actual problem and when is it just an issue where the player expected something more.
You can do a grab on these forums alone and sorting through it all is a task in and on itself. Then comes the verifying of said complaints followed by fixing it (hopefully without something else creating an unexpected error or whatever)

From what I can deduce they seem to be doing their best to try and sort it all out. And I certainly can understand it'll take a goood while before its sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom