Voice options

+
This is a great game. I hope They continue it like a series. its what I ( and I'm sure a lot more people) have been waiting for. I just want to say , being a member of the African American community, I tired to make a African American character which is fine, until you realize there are not much voice options to choose from. I don't have a problem with the voice if my character I made was any other race, it matches. but it doesn't match when you make an African American character. soo it gives me a little frustration when playing through the story. soo basically the game is good until I get to a scene then I get that miner frustration my character and the voice being off. They you see much for the effort you put into this game. I hope you would consider reading this for future updates or reference for further games.

so the whole vodoo boys part was unauthentic for you? just asking because i personally pretty much liked the pacifica part around the voodboys hmm..

I wonder if a tone slider would work and be easy to implement on the existing voice acting. I also tried a black male nomad character but couldn't play it.

@Romy_Zaini no i liked it. just for me, to keep it real is im saying i am playing as V, i made him black lol but he sounds white. that is what im saying . im not disrespected by anything in the game .

so the whole vodoo boys part was unauthentic for you? just asking because i personally pretty much liked the pacifica part around the voodboys hmm..
I think he means Vs voice not fitting a black character which I agree.
A curiosity, there's a shard in the world that talks about someone changing appearance to run away from someone and theh were changing to a black person (I think african american) and they also implemented throat cyberware to tone down the voice

I wonder if a tone slider would work and be easy to implement on the existing voice acting. I also tried a black male nomad character but couldn't play it.
Tone/pitch slider does sound dope , being that it cyberpunk, I'm sure they would have some type of voice type of cyberwear . Female V's voice is kind of universal ,male V,s voice isn't.

This is a great game. I hope They continue it like a series. its what I ( and I'm sure a lot more people) have been waiting for. I just want to say , being a member of the African American community, I tired to make a African American character which is fine, until you realize there are not much voice options to choose from. I don't have a problem with the voice if my character I made was any other race, it matches. but it doesn't match when you make an African American character. soo it gives me a little frustration when playing through the story. soo basically the game is good until I get to a scene then I get that miner frustration my character and the voice being off. They you see much for the effort you put into this game. I hope you would consider reading this for future updates or reference for further games.
what does that mean "sound african american" - for example in the military i worked with white guys who "sound white" and white guys who "sound southern" and white guys who "sound black" ive worked with black guys who "sound southern", black people who "sound black" and black people who "sound white" same with hispanics and asians - if what your talking about is cultural dialect you can write that off as V sounds like the average night city inhabitant in 2077 - and for example go listen to recordings of people from the 1970's and it sounds different than now, go back to the 1920's and the White and Black cultures talk very differently - race isnt an "issue" in night city, character skin color has nothing to do with anything in this game - no one even mentions it - if cdpr is going to dive back into voice acting resources lets get panam/judy and the boys back in the booth and expand on those relationships over investing in two new voice actors to "sound african american"

what does that mean "sound african american" - for example in the military i worked with white guys who "sound white" and white guys who "sound southern" and white guys who "sound black" ive worked with black guys who "sound southern", black people who "sound black" and black people who "sound white" same with hispanics and asians - if what your talking about is cultural dialect you can write that off as V sounds like the average night city inhabitant in 2077 - and for example go listen to recordings of people from the 1970's and it sounds different than now, go back to the 1920's and the White and Black cultures talk very differently - race isnt an "issue" in night city, character skin color has nothing to do with anything in this game - no one even mentions it - if cdpr is going to dive back into voice acting resources lets get panam/judy and the boys back in the booth and expand on those relationships over investing in two new voice actors to "sound african american"
yea , i get it. im in the military also. if i change is from sounding white or black. and just say that the male V has a New Yorker Italian type of voice (im from new york btw) do you not understand what i mean. have you listened to the game. in the style of what cyberpunk is. if you created V to be black the voice just doent sound right. Honestly think about it
Post automatically merged:

not saying the devopers are being racist in any way. made that clear. stop being defensive and understand that V's voice just only match if you make your character a certain way. no matter how much i think about it. i can not find any other way to put that.

yea , i get it. im in the military also. if i change is from sounding white or black. and just say that the male V has a New Yorker Italian type of voice (im from new york btw) do you not understand what i mean. have you listened to the game. in the style of what cyberpunk is. if you created V to be black the voice just doent sound right. Honestly think about it

not saying the devopers are being racist in any way. made that clear. stop being defensive and understand that V's voice just only match if you make your character a certain way. no matter how much i think about it. i can not find any other way to put that.
assuming a person should sound a certain way based on the color of their skin is inherently racist - how come black guys from london dont "sound black"

I disagree. There are exceptions but there are usually differences in tone/pitch. The game itself recognizes it. Have you noticed that although the lines npcs say are random they are differenciated by race in their pitch/tone and even content? The random names that show up in a scan are also picked from a list for that race. As I stated before there is a text shard in the game describing someone that altered their looks (running from someone) to have the appearance of an african american and he unstalled ciberwear to tone down his voice

The conversation about it being worth it to have different voice recording is another thing, and has been discussed also

yea, i understand. im not talking about the Npcs or anything else in the game. i love the game . i still play it. all day everyday. there isnt anything racist about it. im saying that the default male V voice doesnt match/account all the character customization options you have.

assuming a person should sound a certain way based on the color of their skin is inherently racist - how come black guys from london dont "sound black"
lol hey, look i understand fully how ignorant it sounds. but there is some truth to what im saying about the voice not matching. and that they should allow you to alter the voice or have optiaons in some way or another . sorry to offend you.

im not sure if it was the member of the black community part of my comment ticked you off. just being funny there. V's voice just doesnt make sense. im still gunna fuck shit up with him tho. peace

Last edited:

100% agree!

Come on they cannot reasonably add multiple sound tracks for various races. I mean they CAN but I will not have them take the money and effort away from adding more DLC and instead hire another voice actor to "sound" more like MY race.

And saying that the white guys voice sound good for Asians and Latinos takes some of the objectivity out of the OP argument.

I suppose if YOU want less DLC and more voice actor tracks your Opinion is just as justified as me feeling the opposite way. But that is why I get to express my view here as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
100% agree!

Some say we are ALL going to look BROWN (hair and eyes) in a few hundred years (because of global travel now) so all sounding more the same relative to the area you are in seems likely in the future anyway.

Come on they cannot reasonably add multiple sound tracks for various races. I mean they CAN but I will not have them take the money and effort away from adding more DLC and instead hire another voice actor to "sound" more like MY race. Would it be better if the actor record multiple track pretending to be another race? :rolleyes:

And saying that the white guys voice sound good for Asians and Latinos takes some of the objectivity out of the OP argument.

I suppose if YOU want less DLC and more voice actors your Opinion is just as justified as me feeling the opposite way. But that is why I get to express my view here as well.
yea, you're right. i guess to me i feel there should be a way to change tone/pitch. i didn't mean to offend anyone.

yea, you're right. i guess to me i feel there should be a way to change tone/pitch. i didn't mean to offend anyone.

I suppose you are not asking too much for that and it would be the same as a slider for skin color so I have to change my mind a little on that. I mean this has been in other games right? I seem to remember that I just cannot place which one.

I suppose you are not asking too much for that and it would be the same as a slider for skin color so I have to change my mind a little on that. I mean this has been in other games right? I seem to remember that I just cannot place which one.
I think skyrim had it? The sims also have something like it

Sounds like an entirely reasonable suggestion to me (y)

Top Bottom