After expansions- to continue with our V and chosen romance for future sequel/s Poll

+

Upcoming expansions left open in the end to continue our V's and RO story for future sequel/s?

• Hell yes! Our V and RO story cant be over after just one game, we need more!

• Nah, I'm done with that story. Lets start a new one.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The expansions are a ways off so it may be a bit early, but I don't think CDPR has started to work on a sequel yet so I wanted to get this out there, and this is assuming we get the option to cure V in one of the expansions. This poll is to see if people want the expansions left open for V and their chosen romance to continue in a sequel or sequels. Me personally, it's a huge yes! V and the characters he/she has met in this world are far too incredible for just a one-off story, even with expansions. We are V, it's a representation of who we are, how we see ourselves in this world. V is a perfect protagonist, he/she is confident, strong, and a bit cocky but is not perfect. V makes mistakes, is unsure at times, and very much human. As CDPR has stated before, their passion is making incredible characters and rich stories, and these characters really drive the story and world. It would be a sin if they just dropped them after one story IMO. Series or trilogy no matter if it games, films or books tend to work best when they follow the same established characters (The Witcher, Mass Effect, LOTR, GOT, Star Wars, etc.) CDPR could expand upon these characters and flesh them out so much more in sequels. Much like they did in The Witcher series.

I don't know if CDPR realized how much of an impact the romance options would have on players, but they really did. Especially Panam and Judy, both were tied into the main story and had a huge impact on V as well as the players, regardless if you romanced them or not. I know that River and Kerry got the short end of the stick when it comes to romance but maybe CDPR can remedy that in the expansions. The game leaves a ton of lore to be explored down the road. For one example as far as a sequel, I would love to see what happens with "The Black Wall" and the AI preparing for war. Having V still as the main protagonist makes the most sense. Given that V is the only person to have crossed over the Black Wall( that I know of), has talked with Alt and knows of a coming war with AI's, and has a relationship with Johnny (good or bad depending on your choices). And might be able to talk to Johnny to convince Alt to help stop the AI's from going to war with the world and possibly destroying it... just a thought. This all being said, I'm all for them adding new characters and romances in a sequel, just want them to keep V and our chosen romance (if you chose one). As far as that goes, I think CDPR really did nail the story so far, so I trust them when it comes to the story for a sequel to CP 2077. Just want them to keep V (as the main protagonist) and their chosen romance. But what do you all think?

Last edited:
Hey,

Idk how to explain what i mean but i will improvise ^^'

V is a main character like an movie with the main actor role. sh'es have taken all dramatic scenario we schould have in real life (biochip who are killing here like a cancer and when she successfull put biochip out, shes have Six month to live... and nothing after that, actually, i want to save or try saving her like most of us i guess.

That gonna be à good expension about her and the romance (panam, judy) she choose and specially someone who are with her since a long time than river or kerry who come at the end of the game ( 75% end game maybe). :eek:

V and judy or Panam, they will fight together to save or find a way for V.

But if CDPR do a expension, it's gonna be AWESOME and rich on story i can feel it :love:

Sorry in advance if i'm not clear ^^'

have a nice evenings all.

Guest 4412420

That gonna be à good expension about her and the romance (panam, judy) she choose and specially someone who are with her since a long time than river or kerry who come at the end of the game ( 75% end game maybe). :eek:

V and judy or Panam, they will fight together to save or find a way for V.
Apologies for the salt, but can you please stop throwing Kerry and River under the bus?

There's nothing awesome about this kind of disparity and it would be even worse if CDPR continued it. If we're talking strictly romances then how early or late a character is introduced is irrelevant. That doesn't mean that Kerry and River care about V less.

Edit: As for the topic discussed: I voted yes because I like V a lot and would love to see them and the LIs in the future, but I don't think we'll see V in the sequel(s). At best we can maybe expect an expansion which could give us a way to cure V and also be a sendoff to their character. I personally wouldn't mind this. As long as they'd give us an option to save V for those who want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for the salt, but can you please stop throwing Kerry and River under the bus?
There's nothing about throwing Kerry and River under the bus as you said. Judy and Panam were used here as the most prominent examples because they were introduced by the main story. Both Kerry and River were introduced by the sidequest, but that doesn't mean they are less important.

I've said many times on these forums that all of the romance options should have been extended - not only Judy or Panam for that instance, bit also River and Kerry. Let's hope for that in the future.

Cheers all!

@Soykaff I understand what you mean about River and Kerry, that's why I stated in the OP I hope they remedy that in the expansions, that and even more so with sequels.

As far as sequels go, I don't think CDPR has starting working on one yet. And from what I've seen on other threads and sites like reddit and YT, a fare amount people want atleast one sequel to still be with V and the same characters. Still a bit early to tell because the expansions haven't come out yet, but I just wanted to get this out there so CDPR could atleast take note about what people would possibly want in a sequel/s.

And you might be right, maybe we won't get that. Which me personally I think would be a waste of characters and story. Exspanions can only give us so many more hours of story and gameplay. If that's all we get I would really hope CDPR would give us a option of a happy ending were V is cured and with the people he/she cares about. That being said, I feel really strongly about keeping V as the main protagonist with his/her chosen romance in future sequel/s and wanted to see how many people feel the same way.

@Soykaff I understand what you mean about River and Kerry, that's why I stated in the OP I hope they remedy that in the expansions, that and even more so with sequels.

As far as sequels go, I don't think CDPR has starting working on one yet. And from what I've seen on other threads and sites like reddit and YT, a fare amount people want atleast one sequel to still be with V and the same characters. Still a bit early to tell because the expansions haven't come out yet, but I just wanted to get this out there so CDPR could atleast take note about what people would possibly want in a sequel/s.

And you might be right, maybe we won't get that. Which me personally I think would be a waste of characters and story. Exspanions can only give us so many more hours of story and gameplay. If that's all we get I would really hope CDPR would give us a option of a happy ending were V is cured and with the people he/she cares about. That being said, I feel really strongly about keeping V as the main protagonist with his/her chosen romance in future sequel/s and wanted to see how many people feel the same way.
I don't think Soykaff was talking about you , sinse you're one of the few people who actually remembered of Kerry and River when talking about a post ending expansion, lol.
His comment was about what NicoBattleAngel said, that Panam and Judy are more important that Kerry and River because you espent more time with them, when Kerry and River are just as important sinse they also are romance options and should have the same amount of content (or more) in a possible expansion considering that they barely have any in the main game.

I hate that the game doesn't seem to have a happily-ever-after ending.

Not only does it mean that V's story is basically over, and if CP2077 gets a sequel, there will almost certainly be no importing of our original character... it means the game ends on a real downer. I didn't like that. (I'm told there is an ending that's 'not quite so bad', but I'm also told almost all of the endings go quite badly when it comes to V's future.)

I mean, I know that cyberpunk, as a genre, isn't very fluffy-bunny with ride-off-into-the-sunset conclusions, and that's fine for movies or prose, but this is a game. While I'm playing, I am V, and if I'm only doing it to die (or whatever) at the end of the adventure, it kind of kills the fun right along with V. I'm playing a game to be entertained, not to be depressed.

Yanno?

@Soykaff @JuanEvil all good, I didn't take it as directed at me, sorry if I came off defensive, wasn't my intent. Just wanted you to know that I understand. If I felt the same way about River or Kerry as much I as I do about Panam, I would be highly upset with the lack of treatment and acknowledgement. They do deserve better, and hopefully they get them on the same bar( or atleast very close) as Panam and Judy in the expansions... and hopefully beyond :)
Post automatically merged:

Not only does it mean that V's story is basically over, and if CP2077 gets a sequel, there will almost certainly be no importing of our original character... it means the game ends on a real downer. I didn't like that. (I'm told there is an ending that's 'not quite so bad', but I'm also told almost all of the endings go quite badly when it comes to V's future.)

I mean, I know that cyberpunk, as a genre, isn't very fluffy-bunny with ride-off-into-the-sunset conclusions, and that's fine for movies or prose, but this is a game. While I'm playing, I am V, and if I'm only doing it to die (or whatever) at the end of the adventure, it kind of kills the fun right along with V. I'm playing a game to be entertained, not to be depressed.

Yanno?
I know what you mean, and I feel ya on that.The closest thing right now to a happy ending would be when you choose Panam to help you at the end with the Aldecaldos and you get the Star ending. But it's more hopeful than happy I would say. Implying that V chances are good for survival and a good life but still alot of uncertainty, since we don't see it happen. Hopefully the expansions gives us an option to cure V. In a good way, not at the cost of anyone's life or anything horrible.

Last edited:

Yanno?
The most of us want to see V finding the cure so let's hope that we'll have it. Cyberpunk genre is not fluffy-bunny indeed, but it is not mandatory to have a sad/bad ending.

Hopefully the expansions gives us an option to cure V. In a good way, not at the cost of anyone's life or anything horrible.
Well, I mean, I wouldn't entirely object to V having to decide whether to live or die...at the expense of someone else's life.
Kinda dark, totally fitting with the setting, and also another morality play for the player, which seems to be a huge part of this game.

It would certainly be interesting, anyway.

Well, I mean, I wouldn't entirely object to V having to decide whether to live or die...at the expense of someone else's life.
Kinda dark, totally fitting with the setting, and also another morality play for the player, which seems to be a huge part of this game.

It would certainly be interesting, anyway.
As one option sure, but I was going off of your earlier post, about the game not have a happy-ever-after ending. I'd like to see that as an option.

As one option sure, but I was going off of your earlier post, about the game not have a happy-ever-after ending. I'd like to see that as an option.
I guess that I just give 'happily ever after' a bit more leeway.

V lives, some poor gonk has to die...I'm okay with it.
Then again, if the rest of the game is any indication, I'll have to sacrifice, like, Judy or somebody.

I guess that I just give 'happily ever after' a bit more leeway.

V lives, some poor gonk has to die...I'm okay with it.
Then again, if the rest of the game is any indication, I'll have to sacrifice, like, Judy or somebody.
what? Judy had nothing to do with V's troubles! Too bad for you V! you die judy survives: D
Seriously most players want to continue the DLC with their endings expansion romance and V survival ...
CDprojekt wanted to frustrate us in the main story with an abrupt end for all the romances (yes the end of the judy and Panam romances are missed), plus the imminent death of V, I hope that CDprojekt will be less hard on the player for the expansions ... if we play another character or the 6 months with jackie or missions during act 2 that do not change the future of V I think that a lot of players will give up the game quickly

I'd be up for some romance related DLC, there is still alot they could do to flesh them out in the main game though, so hopefully they can do both.
Regarding a sequel, if there is one, I don't think we'll be playing as V more likely a new protagonist. How awesome would it be though if you got to meet V during the game. Say there's a Aldeclado Clan near the city you start in, you are sent on a mission to meet with them and it's V and Panam you end up meeting!
Maybe you can do some missions and get invited back to the camp where you can meet Judy as well if V and her got together.
Of course that would be ending dependent but i'm sure they could come up with ways to meet V if you went with the Sun ending.

I'd be up for some romance related DLC, there is still alot they could do to flesh them out in the main game though, so hopefully they can do both.

To what end, I wonder? Just cuz it's fun?
Or would romances have plot impact, too?

Regarding a sequel, if there is one, I don't think we'll be playing as V more likely a new protagonist. How awesome would it be though if you got to meet V during the game. Say there's a Aldeclado Clan near the city you start in, you are sent on a mission to meet with them and it's V and Panam you end up meeting!

How would we know?

I mean, unless CDPR decides that there is only one true V, and it's not the one you played in the first game, I think some people might justifiably call shenanigans.

Personally, I'd rather CDPR didn't try to tell us V's story or the protagonist's story.
The way the game is now, it's clearly on rails. Yes, there are some choices, but the end is always the same, or at least very similar. In the end, the player doesn't really shape events much at all, just plays them out. Choice is an illusion, ultimately.

I honestly think that the Cyberpunk computer games should more closely resemble the PnP, table-top game. In other words, more sandbox-y and less like a visual novel. Where choices can lead to radically different ends, rather than special endings that basically tell the same story a slightly different way. Where the player deciding on a lifepath can live that lifepath rather than becoming a Streetkid after the prologue.

Of course, that means that a lot of the dialogue in the game would have to be more genericized, more Bethsda-esque.
Either that, or a plot tree would have to be developed which branches to absolutely insane levels, with terabytes of dialogue that may never even be heard by players. But while Night City is an open world, CP2077 isn't a very open story. And I've heard a lot of people basically saying they wanted a sandbox more than an interactive movie.

Top Bottom