Hotfix 1.21

+

Guest 4071710

This patch slightly improved the stuttering i had, i also noticed the game utilizing more of my ram and the cpu usage was lower. I hope the performance improvements will keep on coming.

Glad to see further work being done but personally disappointed as there are a number of gameplay fixes I am still looking forward to.

Hotfix 1.21 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

In this update we focused on further improving the overall stability of the game and fixing the most common issues that could block progression. Here's what changed:

Quests & Open World
  • Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer... where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear's body temperature.
  • Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the "Send a crew" shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
  • Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
  • Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.
  • Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.
  • Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
  • Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
  • Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
  • Fixed various issues with enemies clipping through objects and floating in the air in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation.
  • Fixed an issue in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation, where progression could be blocked due to enemies being stuck in a hangar.
  • Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
  • Fixed Johnny's appearance in various quests.
  • Dennis' car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
  • Players can now enter Dennis' car from the right side in Big in Japan.
  • Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
  • Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
  • Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura's van in Down on the Street.
  • Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura's hideout in Search and Destroy.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player's car if it was parked in his way.
  • Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the "Wait for a call from distressed man" objective after player failed the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder's ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.
  • Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
  • Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
  • Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.
Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player's back.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
Visual
  • Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.
UI
  • Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
  • Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
  • Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance
  • Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
Console-specific
  • Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
Stadia-specific
  • Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.
The ONLY quest I haven't completed is Getting Warmer and after 2 patches it's STILL BROKE, PLEASE fix this quest so I can have 100% done lol

I have a problem with the Beat the brat questline, where I beat all 4 oponents and finished the main story but the coach still hasn't called me.
I was hoping that this hotfix would resolve the problem but apparently not.
Is there a solution to this problem??
Have you done the main mission with the Voodoo Boys yet? Coach Fred won't call until after that.

Last edited:
Getting warmer is still broken.
I still can't get the coolant, administer it to 8ug8ear, or use the computer to turn it off. It seems to pick up the coolant but it stays physically in the bathroom and the hack wire does not trigger the animation. no matter how many times i check game integrity, re install or load the game.
you could try the workaround I did - go into the room where she is but DONT pickup the coolant - then take a vehicle and drive 500+meters away. Then come back and you should be able to pick it up!
Post automatically merged:

The ONLY quest I haven't completed is Getting Warmer and after 2 patches it's STILL BROKE, PLEASE fix this quest so I can have 100% done lol
check my workaround (I found via a youtuber). also were u able to finish the vending machine gig??????

Getting warmer is still broken.
I still can't get the coolant, administer it to 8ug8ear, or use the computer to turn it off. It seems to pick up the coolant but it stays physically in the bathroom and the hack wire does not trigger the animation. no matter how many times i check game integrity, re install or load the game.
Did this gig earlier on PS4 and worked fine for me. Only thing was the car was half sunk into the ground at the end so had to crouch to stick her in the boot...

I just realized looking at a YouTube video, Gorilla Arms Batteries have been broken from the beginning and not just recently.

Will any of the cut content be returned to the game? Metro or cut out prologue missions, for example? These are the changes I'd like to see most.

It's great to see work being continued on the game.

But my game just crashed after 5 minutes of playing - Panam main mission - waiting for AV.
I'm having the same problem. Panam main mission, got kicked out three times. I disabled some stuff and it ran for a while before getting kicked out the third time. Reports sent all three times.

i still get crashes on i9 9900k and rtx 3090 when driving to fast in the city. There are some textures flickering on the cross walks and some air conditioner units have 2 fan blades that animate on different speeds.

Hotfix 1.21 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

In this update we focused on further improving the overall stability of the game and fixing the most common issues that could block progression. Here's what changed:

Quests & Open World
  • Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer... where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear's body temperature.
  • Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the "Send a crew" shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
  • Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
  • Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.
  • Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.
  • Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
  • Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
  • Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
  • Fixed various issues with enemies clipping through objects and floating in the air in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation.
  • Fixed an issue in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation, where progression could be blocked due to enemies being stuck in a hangar.
  • Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
  • Fixed Johnny's appearance in various quests.
  • Dennis' car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
  • Players can now enter Dennis' car from the right side in Big in Japan.
  • Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
  • Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
  • Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura's van in Down on the Street.
  • Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura's hideout in Search and Destroy.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player's car if it was parked in his way.
  • Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the "Wait for a call from distressed man" objective after player failed the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder's ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.
  • Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
  • Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
  • Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.
Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player's back.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
Visual
  • Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.
UI
  • Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
  • Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
  • Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance
  • Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
Console-specific
  • Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
Stadia-specific
  • Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.
Thanks for keeping up with patches! I'm still experiencing a soft game breaking/immersion breaking glitch in Queen of the Highway

I cannot interact with Panam after driving the tank and Saul now appears in every call.

I have no saves to fall back on prior to the glitch. I'm 40 hours in and just letting the game sit here until there's a workaround or patch to fix this quest.

Sadly, during its launch, it worked just fine for me. With each patch it got worse. Now i cant even play it because it will say CP has flatlined. My HW never changed.

Same for me, crashes on load now. Doesn't get past the CD Project Red splash screen.
Crash Reporter window shows up, "Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined.". Sent crash report.
Tried a few times, tried rebooting, same. Steam version.

Hmm it's strange the experience is so varied.

I'm seeing stable 60FPS on Ultra in the heaviest districts now. The draw distance and "pop-in" is greatly improved. It's the smoothest I've ever seen it.

The most notable thing though is the speed at which loot details appear. Oftentimes pre-1.2.1 there would be a delay or it didn't show up all.

Hope you all get it working smoothly. I verified files and deleted shader caches and cache generally.

Specs
----------
Ryzen 5 5600X
Gigabyte 2070 Super 3X
32 GB Adata 3200Mhz DDR4
860 Evo SSD

I hope someday to have the hardware to turn RTX up but for now DLSS stays on Quality and RTX Medium

Thanks for addressing the main issues of the game. Many thanks from my friends and I. Please, keep patching the game before creating and sequels. We believe in your team! See ya.

you could try the workaround I did - go into the room where she is but DONT pickup the coolant - then take a vehicle and drive 500+meters away. Then come back and you should be able to pick it up!
Post automatically merged:

check my workaround (I found via a youtuber). also were u able to finish the vending machine gig??????
Yeah I've completed all quest but this one, and I've done a few workarounds before and nothing worked

Top Bottom