Mad Max

+
I did during that era. Then he made Braveheart. And then he had his megalomania episode. Sad really, watching someone fall so low.

Ohhh..I'm so going to regret this. BUT HELL. I just bought Deadpool, so impulse is obviously driving.

I like Braveheart. A lot. I mean, not top ten movies a lot, but top 30 probably. Top 50. That's pretty impressive for me, actually. Hmm. I wonder if I even have a ranking system. Movies That Made Me. Movies That Made Life Worth Living. Movies I'd Like On A Desert Island. Movies That Justify Movies. Whatever.

Braveheart. Great movie. "I should have remembered the rocks." "Aye, you should have." "It's -my- island. Mine." And the scene where he rides in and hits the guy with a giant chunk of metal before jumping his horse off the..castle?!...wall. Into a..who cares. It's hilariously awesome and horribly sad all at once.

What did you not like about it?

The historical inaccuracy. I don't care when movie makers drastically change fictional works, such as books, but when they make a film about a historical character and fuck it up in so many ways. In particular, the clothing, the woad, the locations, the historical inaccuracies and the story.

No criticisms whatsoever of the lighting, sound or, overall, the casting.

I lived in Scotland at that time. The general view was a mix of "woah, lots of tourist money coming in" and "cringe".

Oh, that.

Meh, close enough for me. There was a William Wallace. He killed an English Sheriff, probably not because his wife was killed, but no one really knows. He kicked shite out of the English. Eventually, they catch and - I love this - he refuses to acknowledge the English King as his king. Ballsy. The kill him, horribly.

He's in a poem by Robbie Burns that Burns has the Bruce declaim just before he goes and kicks more English ass. Which was a rare thing in history.

Good times!

So I don't really care about the many, many, many other things they made up. Including my favourite, where he sleeps with a queen whooooo would have been, what, 6 or something at the time?

I like to think Wallace would have seen it, cried a bit when the girl gets it at the start, (manly tears, though!) and laughed mightily at the rest.

I've had a look and Wisdom is not going to be happy...

No vehicle storage. You only have one vehicle in the whole game. But t least it is fully customisable and you can basically make it do just about anything...

I've had a look and Wisdom is not going to be happy...

No vehicle storage. You only have one vehicle in the whole game. But t least it is fully customizable and you can basically make it do just about anything...

Forget about that... When i first heard of Mad Max game, i really hoped it would be an RPG.. I'm a little sad now..

I'm not sure how to feel about this, as long as it's done well. :S
You'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath in anticipation.

Game titles spun off of movie or TV franchises are, more often than not, terrible.

I will be happily surprised if this is a good title, but I'm not holding out any hope for it being so.

I mentioned that I thought it was just one vehicle, dammit.

It's like no one takes me seriously.

That really...ooooh! Ponies!

hmmm, makes me second guess avalanche if thet did not originally go with a aussie acent. but wait they dont even have a forum yet and how would the fans know they were going to do a yank accent?

kinda weird this news. but its good...I think the bad guys should have the pirate type aussie accent.

Mel Gibson is in?

When Avalanche first announced that the character will be voiced by an Australian actor my first thought was why are they even bothered to tell us this, its a giveme. I knew George Miller would have in the contract that the character will be voiced in a aussie accent because he stated that the Mad Max universe is in Australia. Even the new movie Fury Road which is in post production right now is saposed to be in an post apocalyptic Australia. So obviously it is widely believed that that Mad Max would always be portrayed as an Australian even in the video games.

So when Avalanche made their recent statement which went something like this.."OK you guys won will have Mad Max played by an Aussie actor." I was like no shit, why are they telling us this?

I think there is more to it then we think.

I think Mel Gibson would do this Job for pennies and make it real convenient for George Miller and Avalance to use him as the voice actor for his Character Max. The only drawback is..they might over use his voice, that would sux. But other then that I think it would a fuckinggood treat for the fans that Mel would love to do.

So hopefully I'm right oi mate? :cool:

Top Bottom