Game gives you nowhere near enough money

+
I'm currently on my 3rd playthrough and I'm playing a Netrunner V, and believe me when I say that I haven't left a single access point undrained. This was by far the wealthiest V I've ever played. With only a handful of missions / chain quests left (including assaults and other blue quests) I'm about 1.2 MILLION eddies short of being able to buy all vehicles. How is this even possible?

PS. I wouldn't mind it so terribly if you didn't go the extra mile and put in the game an achievement to buy all the rides ^^

I have found techlvl 20 to be important for all my characters (netrunner, stealth, shooter) they all have tech 20 and crafting, you can make and sell ooodles of guns from all the components you get (get the dismantle junk perk) then even if you've done everything you can keep hitting up those little groups of three gangers all over the place for materials. you can pump out low level items and just make cash (crafting 20 gives you a boost %20 on sales)

there are also 190 (hidden gems) these are little lost conversations usually with a legendary item in a crate that can be found in alleys and rooftops all over night city. they have money, and gear, and all sorts of stuff in them, you may have already found some (a lot of people seem to find kerry's glasses for example)

they should help you make some cash, - good luck choom

I finish all the game in 1.2 a few days ago.
Finish with 1.8M eddys (without buying a car, but that's enough for everyone). But i buy few items (legendary overture lvl 45: 50K, few clothes : 100K, Gorilla arm, cyberdeck,...)
With perk in access point for +100% money and not the one for dismalte junk (forbidden this one).

For me it's not bad (but with the perk) ;)

Don't try to buy all cars -- problem solved.

No, in all seriousness though... why do you -need- to buy all cars? Is that for achievement sake? If so I guess you will just have to steele yourself for a long grind. Or just buy the cars you like. How many of those cars you won't even use at all? Too many is my guess. There are a lot in the game and not worth wasting your time grinding for them imo.

I don't buy any cars, I do purchase the 'Arch' bike but that's it. I guess it just depends on what each player wants, my focus is leveling my character up and looking for all the free legendary items I can find. There are enough cars out there available for free, but that's just me. Everything else I find (for the most part) I sell.

Don't try to buy all cars -- problem solved.

No, in all seriousness though... why do you -need- to buy all cars? Is that for achievement sake? If so I guess you will just have to steele yourself for a long grind. Or just buy the cars you like. How many of those cars you won't even use at all? Too many is my guess. There are a lot in the game and not worth wasting your time grinding for them imo.
You forget about those who like to collect. It doesn't have to be useful or anything. Just for the sake of having them all: D

the economy is one thing cdpr did pretty well. You always have enough money to buy something you like, but theres always going to be something even more expensive that you wont be able to afford, teasing you, and motivataing you to play the game forward.
why would you want every car anyway? Devs shouldnt design the game with completionists in mind.

night city is very big. i think the game team fail to remember that V is an mercenary so it would of an great idea to implement a system that generate random work-quest to mercenary V to better feel ' hey, i'm working to survive so i need cash!'' i understand the idea to explore the city, but seriously get's tiredsome to grind for it when you just want to enjoy the game. Grinding can be there, but it shouldn't be the method to farm eddies if that's the only way when missions don't give enough. Forcing to work on 20 craft perk just to add 1 points for that 20% extra eddie sell profit is beyond my understanding. so yeah i strongly believe that creating a work system outside the main/side quest can make V feel more of an mercenary and more profitable.

I'm currently on my 3rd playthrough and I'm playing a Netrunner V, and believe me when I say that I haven't left a single access point undrained. This was by far the wealthiest V I've ever played. With only a handful of missions / chain quests left (including assaults and other blue quests) I'm about 1.2 MILLION eddies short of being able to buy all vehicles. How is this even possible?

PS. I wouldn't mind it so terribly if you didn't go the extra mile and put in the game an achievement to buy all the rides ^^

You can use the crafting system as a way to earn unlimited eddies now. As the cost of crafting components has been significantly reduced since 1.2.

If you have the relevant perks from the crafting skill tree and some legendary crafting specs, you can keep crafting legendary weapons for example and sell them to a vendor. Then buy the components to craft more, each time you can make about £3k profit per legendary weapon you sell.

I bought all the rides for the achievement on my 1st playthrough, but didnt really need to waste my eddies on them all on subsequent playthroughs. You can get the best cars for free anyway. Also make a save before you go around buying all the cars get the achievement to pop, then reload and you'll get all your eddies back (obviously wont have the cars but who wants them all anyway).

"GAME GIVES YOU NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH MONEY"

Get your Streetcred up, level up, drop mops with police warrants, loot all weapons and clothes you find and sell them to vendors and drop points. You'll be able to buy an Aerondight in no time.

i can feel it takes a bit if u dont go with the tech tree.... for myself im running a 12 Tech (non Int) build atm (30/50) and just have 200k eddies for now - tho i already have some epic cyberware i can use untile late game. im also curious how im suppose to make enough money for all the legendary cyberware and vehicles in this run. without beeing able to craft and sell legendarys like the ashura or getting bonus cash for either access points or sale+ perks. looking forward to hit 50 and to get in touch with endgame gear here... ^^

im also curious how im suppose to make enough money for all the legendary cyberware and vehicles in this run. without beeing able to craft and sell legendarys like the ashura or getting bonus cash for either access points or sale+ perks. looking forward to hit 50 and to get in touch with endgame gear here... ^^
Little tips:
If you kill Valentinos, relatively often they loots item who you could sell for 750 eddies.
Alcohol is great now (for exemple "Armagnac" in french, sell for 150 eddies per bottle)

I had to grind like a monkey for the Autojock trophy, and only just did it on the 1.2 patch. Had to do a lot of crafting and selling then waiting 24 hours so the gun vendor I was using could restock components and money. I am solely responsible for flooding the market with Ashura rifles.

I had to grind like a monkey for the Autojock trophy, and only just did it on the 1.2 patch. Had to do a lot of crafting and selling then waiting 24 hours so the gun vendor I was using could restock components and money. I am solely responsible for flooding the market with Ashura rifles.
do u know if there is an epic craft as alternative to make some money? or isnt it worth it compared components are needed for mid-lvl crafts per sell?

do u know if there is an epic craft as alternative to make some money? or isnt it worth it compared components are needed for mid-lvl crafts per sell?
I will have to check but I remember epic Satara shotguns sell for a lot. The method is the same though, you will just need to craft slightly more. It's a time-consuming chore either way.

I will have to check but I remember epic Satara shotguns sell for a lot. The method is the same though, you will just need to craft slightly more. It's a time-consuming chore either way.
yeah but would be great if there would be at least a backup for non full techis - as i always go with at least 12 tech for epics on new builds, thanks for the heads up i gonna check it out later <3

Honestly...? Most of the available cars weren't anything I wanted, anyway.
And stores never carry anything I want to buy, except for cyberware and quickhacks; everything is either ugly, much lower level and fewer mod slots than what I've already got, or both. Or all three.

So I'm pretty much never short of cash.

Now after 1.2, there are some legendary clothes (purchasable at relatively low level) with always the max mod slots ;)
You also can buy legendary weapon not too expensive (like an overture with 4 mod slot).
Before 1.2, you're right. Visit vendors are just a wast of time :D

Now after 1.2, there are some legendary clothes (purchasable at relatively low level) with always the max mod slots ;)
You also can buy legendary weapon not too expensive (like an overture with 4 mod slot).
Before 1.2, you're right. Visit vendors are just a wast of time :D

I started a new game after 1.2 and it was exactly the same: nothing worth buying. Not even stuff I couldn't have because of low Street Cred; it was all stinky-pants.

And the fact that you can't buy the item with the colors of your choice is always stinky-pants.

Stores should be like that are in most games: they carry every darn thing the game can supply unless it absolutely must be found in quest or something. If it's too high level for the player, there is already a system for that.
And, sure, let items be district-specific; that's not a problem. But the complete crap-shoot that is shopping in CP2077 is just plain frustrating.

Plus, when it's clearly not some indie selling gear, when the store is a high-end chain, why would Street Cred matter? Why wouldn't they just take your eddies?

And--I cannot possibly stress this enough--MIRROR IN SHOPS SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT V WILL LOOK LIKE, DAMMIT!
Seriously; I've been begging for that since the game was released. Even if it's not a literal mirror, at least some way to try before you buy!

Top Bottom