After expansions- to continue with our V and chosen romance for future sequel/s Poll

+

Upcoming expansions left open in the end to continue our V's and RO story for future sequel/s?

• Hell yes! Our V and RO story cant be over after just one game, we need more!

• Nah, I'm done with that story. Lets start a new one.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hate that the game doesn't seem to have a happily-ever-after ending.

Not only does it mean that V's story is basically over, and if CP2077 gets a sequel, there will almost certainly be no importing of our original character... it means the game ends on a real downer. I didn't like that. (I'm told there is an ending that's 'not quite so bad', but I'm also told almost all of the endings go quite badly when it comes to V's future.)

I mean, I know that cyberpunk, as a genre, isn't very fluffy-bunny with ride-off-into-the-sunset conclusions, and that's fine for movies or prose, but this is a game. While I'm playing, I am V, and if I'm only doing it to die (or whatever) at the end of the adventure, it kind of kills the fun right along with V. I'm playing a game to be entertained, not to be depressed.

Yanno?
This has been discussed to death in the "about the endings" topic. I also have shared my issues with that like 3 times over with posts the size of a small book. Totally there with you.

Regarding a sequel, if there is one, I don't think we'll be playing as V more likely a new protagonist. How awesome would it be though if you got to meet V during the game. Say there's a Aldeclado Clan near the city you start in, you are sent on a mission to meet with them and it's V and Panam you end up meeting!
I personally couldn't get behind that. I would hate to see V as a NPC. I couldn't help but think " why am I not V? The person I created/ established in this world, the person who met all these amazing characters and built relationships with? Now I'm playing as some random person.

With so many story arcs for V to continue with, such as the Black Wall, dealing the various Corps, or ( depending on your ending) traveling with the nomads and seeing the world and protecting your family. I mean what better way to show case the world of Cyberpunk than being with a group that travels the world. Seeing the news clips in the game, there's alot going on in the world that CDPR could go with. That just me though.

Guest 4412420

I mean what better way to show case the world of Cyberpunk than being with a group that travels the world.
Do nomads travel the world? Their only modes of transportation appear to be land vehicles. Thelas Nation being the only exception (as far as I know, but I could be wrong) as they travel by water.

I think these wildly divergent paths and whether V's LI stays with them or leaves makes V's return as a protagonist for the sequel sadly unlikely. Usually, developers pick canon endings for sequels but with how different V's life ends up being in the endings, CDPR could simply decide it's better to just leave it be and give us a new protagonist.

Why would V from the Sun ending leave Night City and go somewhere else for example? Why would V from the Star ending suddenly go and spend most of their new adventure in yet another metropolis? As much I love V, the last thing I want is for CDPR to decide that the ending that's not happy at all for my V is now canon and that my street kid V who had more reasons to stay in NC than leave is now suddenly palling around with Panam in a desert.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that River and Kerry got the short end of the stick when it comes to romance but maybe CDPR can remedy that in the expansions.
Did you know that River even surviving is dependent? Nothing kills a character's potential involvement in the story like making their survival dependent.

I'm not sure how I feel but I don't think I want to see another game about V, especially after those possible endings. I'm kinda torn. Maybe the DLC can put me down definitively on one side or the other.

I'd prefer for any expansion DLCs to conclude V's story, maybe the final one will give them a proper goodbye - a less ambiguous ending at least. I'm quite happy for my V to go off and live with Judy & the Aldecaldos.

A sequel is likely a long time away, but there's plenty of other stories in Night City!

I'd prefer for any expansion DLCs to conclude V's story, maybe the final one will give them a proper goodbye - a less ambiguous ending at least. I'm quite happy for my V to go off and live with Judy & the Aldecaldos.
A sequel is likely a long time away, but there's plenty of other stories in Night City!
As it stands, yes I want a sequel with V.
But on the other hand, you're not wrong. If a DLC (the last of a long series) concludes V's story pretty well, then why not :D

I voted Yes because that's my honest answer, but it seems more likely that V's story will conclude with the expansions in 2077. The endings just split up in such different directions. I think it's enough to say V could survive, and they may or may not appear as an NPC down the line depending on player choice in 2077.

I think Cyberpunk could work really well as an anthology series like Dragon Age. To be honest, I was much more invested in Mass Effect because it followed the same player character. BUT - I was more emotionally impacted by CP2077 than the completion of the ME trilogy.

Are any of us even ready for the emotional pain CDPR could inflict after several games with the same characters??? I cried over JOHNNY, and he is a TERRIBLE person. Is it too early to start begging for mercy for our favorite characters? :ROFLMAO:

"AFTER EXPANSIONS- TO CONTINUE WITH OUR V AND CHOSEN ROMANCE FOR FUTURE SEQUEL/S POLL"

Personally, I don't think that there will be a sequel anytime soon, as the game is very young, and has a bright long future ahead of it, but yeah, more V would be very welcome. Also hope for DLCs with new storylines involving V.

I voted Yes because that's my honest answer, but it seems more likely that V's story will conclude with the expansions in 2077. The endings just split up in such different directions. I think it's enough to say V could survive, and they may or may not appear as an NPC down the line depending on player choice in 2077.

I think Cyberpunk could work really well as an anthology series like Dragon Age. To be honest, I was much more invested in Mass Effect because it followed the same player character. BUT - I was more emotionally impacted by CP2077 than the completion of the ME trilogy.

Are any of us even ready for the emotional pain CDPR could inflict after several games with the same characters??? I cried over JOHNNY, and he is a TERRIBLE person. Is it too early to start begging for mercy for our favorite characters? :ROFLMAO:
And therein lies the issue.

They created remarkable characters that players truly like and are invested in, but have also put them in a bit of a corner with where the series can go.

My preference...for DLC, just lump the endings into a couple buckets for a different opening mission and bring them all together after that. From there, let's get a little more resolution...unless a sequel would actually follow our characters, in which case, I'll happily wait!

Do nomads travel the world? Their only modes of transportation appear to be land vehicles. Thelas Nation being the only exception (as far as I know, but I could be wrong) as they travel by water.

I think these wildly divergent paths and whether V's LI stays with them or leaves makes V's return as a protagonist for the sequel sadly unlikely. Usually, developers pick canon endings for sequels but with how different V's life ends up being in the endings, CDPR could simply decide it's better to just leave it be and give us a new protagonist.

Why would V from The Sun ending leave Night City and go somewhere else for example? Why would V from The Star ending suddenly go and spend most of their new adventure in yet another metropolis? As much I love V, the last thing I want is for CDPR to decide that the ending that's not happy at all for my V is now canon and that my street kid V who had more reasons to stay in NC than leave is now suddenly palling around with Panam in a desert.
As far as the Aldecaldos, yeah it seems they only have land vehicles, but they never mention they don't have water ones (not that I can remember). And they could also work out a deal with another clan or get their hands on some water vessels. But I guess I was thinking of them traveling the USA.

Anyway from what I've gathered in other forms and sites is people want there to be a canon ending. Granted we will have to see how the expansions go but right now I see two endings that can continue but one only that could really be canon. That one would be the Star ending. It's the only one that shows signs of hope. You get a good tarot card read ( when all the others are pretty dark), V mentions Vik's drug is working, you get the bird showing up on the car window, the swallow, which is a symbol for hope, and Panam says she has contacts that have helped others out of deep deep cesspits and they can help V. And your chosen romance follows you. As far as Star ending V going to another city, it's not out of the ordinary, nomads do go to other cities depending on if they need jobs or supplies. The Aldecaldos were in NC for that very reason, just depends on the clan. And gives a new city to explore in a sequel.

Whereas the other endings V dies or just accepts that he/she is going to die. The Sun ending being where V chose to be a legend instead of living. So if that's the case then yeah, your V wouldn't go to another city, he/she would stay in Night City until his/her final days, and that's how your Vs story would end if you choose to. As V says in that ending " Night City is my city, I still got something to prove".( And the Sun ending is the only ending some LI leave or stay.)

I imagine it's designed that way because in that ending V doesn't care about surviving, just one more fight to be a legend. And the name of the ending kinda fits "The Sun", fly to close to the sun, end up getting burned. When I think about it even Dex kinda mentions the two endings where V is still alive. Something like would rather die a ripe old age (Star ending) or go out in a blaze of glory never seeing your 30th (Sun ending).

I guess it will come down to the 2 expansions. Maybe one will be about the Crystal Palace where you can see and experience Vs final blaze of glory with your LI or at least the ones who stay and getting a happy ending although short because V is still dying. The one who leaves for good seems to be Judy if you choose the Sun ending. Panam leaves but says she will wait for you. And the other expansion is about saving Vs life for good and getting that type of happy ending and possibly more story's with V. It just comes down to is V willing to sacrifice his/her dream to have a chance at living.

Who knows, maybe there will be two ways to cure V in the expansions. One involving the Crystal Palace and the other involving the Aldecaldos. Both have possible different consequences for curing V. Still leaving both endings open to a sequel. And then there is Judy, who I think is going to play a huge part in saving V regardless of what ending you chose, Star or Sun ending. Since she dabbles in rewriting brain synapses I believe.

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

And the Sun ending is the only ending some LI leave or stay.
Kerry and River don't follow V in the Star ending but stay with them in the Sun ending.

I guess it will come down to the 2 exspanions. Maybe one will be about the Crystal Palace were you can see and experience Vs final blaze of glory with your LI or atleast the ones who stay and getting a happy ending although short because V is still dying. The one who leaves for good seems to be Judy if you choose the Sun ending. Panam leaves but says she will wait for you. And the other exspanion is about saving Vs life for good and getting that type of happy ending and possible more story's with V. It just comes down to is V willing to sacrifice his/her dream to have a chance at living.
I doubt they're going to make 2 expansions for different endings. It would be a waste of time and resources. They'll probably either merge some of the more workable endings and give us one expansion dealing with V's problem or there won't be anything at all.

But also, here lies yet another problem. You think that the Star ending is the one that has the best chance to be the canon ending but this screws over everyone who romanced Kerry and River. Again. They already have less than Judy and Panam and this kind of solution would leave us with even less. We shouldn't be locked out of a possible chance to save V only because we want our V's to stay with their love interests just like everyone who romanced Judy and Panam do.

But also, here lies yet another problem. You think that The Star ending is the one that has the best chance to be the canon ending but this screws over everyone who romanced Kerry and River. Again. They already have less than Judy and Panam and this kind of solution would leave us with even less. We shouldn't be locked out of a possible chance to save V only because we want our V's to stay with their LI just like everyone who romanced Judy and Panam do.
A symptom of a bigger problem of the fact that they were more interested in creating multiple endings where one is "correct" instead of creating multiple endings that would fit your character. You get a bizarre mish mash of the "bad" endings clashing with characters being consistent. That's one of the reasons I don't know if I want to see V's story continue if this is the track CDPR wants to take the games.

"Bad" ending, that's not what i would say.

For me, the problem with all endings (except one), it's your "choice" is not what you expected.
In my first run, i chose to trust johnny. Ok no problem, but when V/me return in his/my body, say sadly "goodbye" to Judy and go to the space... That is not what i was planning at all... :(
In my head (i don't know why), i was thinking it would be possible to choose to leave NC with Panam.

Kerry and River don't follow V in The Star ending but stay with them in The Sun ending.

I doubt they're going to make 2 expansions for different endings. It would be a waste of time and resources. They'll probably either merge some of the more workable endings and give us one expansion dealing with V's problem or there won't be anything at all.

But here lies yet another problem. You think that The Star ending is the one that has the best chances of being made canon but this screws over everyone who romanced Kerry and River. Again. They already have less than Judy and Panam and this kind of solution would leave us with even less. We shouldn't be locked out of a possible chance to save V only because we want our V's to stay with their LI just like everyone who romanced Judy and Panam do.
I really thought that River and Kerry did stay with V in the Star ending. I saw the thumbnails on YT videos and was like " oh nice, they all stay with V too", my mistake. As far as me pointing to the star ending being canon, it's because it has all the hopeful signs that point to V surviving. When it comes to LI's, who's to say that in the expansion that River and Kerry don't change their minds? In the Star ending maybe V gets a chance to call them and they come out for a visit, but end up surprising V and decided to stay. CDPR could work their story magic and get them to stay. I think that would be pretty awesome for players who chose them.

Making two expansions for two different endings at first glance would seem like a waste of time and money unless they released them at the same time. Would be the first game that I've ever seen to do something like that. It is doubtful, but CDPR is making parallel AAA games, would be really cool if they did that with the expansions. Or perhaps they could release it as one big expansion with two different parts depending on which ending you chose, Star or Sun. Picture it when you're at the main menu and you click the expansion box, you then choose which part and choose your save file.

Yes, there are a lot of variables, but my point is I believe there are ways of making it work. In the end, it is up to CDPR as to how this unfolds. All we can do as players is possibly give them some ideas about content. Whether it's about lvling out the playing field for the romance options or DLC's and expansions, that could also help with the RO's. There's also the cut content for the RO, most likely due to time constraints.

I also added to my last post saying "Who knows, maybe there will be two ways to cure V in the expansions. One involving the Crystal Palace and the other involving the Aldecaldos. Both have possible different consequences for curing V. Still leaving both endings open to a sequel. And then there is Judy, who I think is going to play a huge part in saving V regardless of what ending you chose, Star or Sun ending. Since she dabbles in rewriting brain synapses I believe". Just another idea.

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

As far as me pointing to the star ending being canon, it's because it has all the hopeful signs that point to V surviving.
Despite my feelings towards the Sun ending, V has resources to help them. There's no riding into the sunset, but V isn't bereft of means to try and save themselves. Mr. Blue Eyes implies they agreed to the job because V is willing to do anything for survival.

This is just my personal opinion but all that hopefulness in the Star ending is very on the nose. It feels like CDPR had a very clear idea of who V is suppose to be, who they're suppose to romance and how their story should end and people who deviate from it in any way are left feeling disappointed and even bitter.

When it comes to LI's, who's to say that in the expansion that River and Kerry don't change their minds? In the Star ending maybe V gets a chance to call them and they come out for a visit, but end up surprising V and decided to stay.
Kerry and River both have sound reasons for staying in Night City just as Judy and Panam's reasons for leaving V in the Sun ending are reasonable too. I don't want my V to be railroaded into someone he's not but I also don't want any of the LIs to be railroaded either. I don't want them to bend over backwards and act like their entire world revolves around V. I like that they don't do this.

I said this before in a different thread but I'll repeat it again. Night City isn't an eldritch horror that requires human sacrifices. None of the messed up things that happen in it are unique to NC. They are the result of a dystopian society and it's bad everywhere. Happiness is what you make of it and V should be abe find it anywhere.

Making two expansions for two different endings at first glance would seem like a waste of time and money unless they released them at the same time. Would be the first game that I've ever seen to do something like that. It is doubtful, but CDPR is making parallel AAA games, would be really cool if they did that with the expansions. Or perhaps they could release it as one big expansion with two different parts depending on which ending you chose, Star or Sun. Picture it when you're at the main menu and you click the expansion box, you then choose which part and choose your save file.
CDPR said that when it comes to expansions we should expect nothing less than The Witcher 3 got which means at least 2 paid expansions. Most people buy season passes to purchase all paid content at once. Now, imagine the only available expansions being basically the same story told in different locations. As much as I want to save V this sounds like a bad idea.

Having two completely different ways to save V, set in two different places based on the ending is unnecessary work. Merging the Devil (where V goes back to earth), the Star and the Sun endings by having short prologues based on the ending and then setting V on the same path is not only less cost effective but it would also give people what they want.

Expansions and at least a couple of future games. I want the Mass Effect experience in a Cyberpunk setting. You just don't get the same level of emotional investment when you're getting a new protagonist each game.
And future games don't need to have a large time jump either. CP basically only takes place over a couple weeks and a sequel could pick right up after that.

I agree that I don’t want to be playing as a different character every time.

I really thought that River and Kerry did stay with V in the Star ending. I saw the thumbnails on YT videos and was like " oh nice, they all stay with V too", my mistake. As far as me pointing to the star ending being canon, it's because it has all the hopeful signs that point to V surviving. When it comes to LI's, who's to say that in the expansion that River and Kerry don't change their minds? In the Star ending maybe V gets a chance to call them and they come out for a visit, but end up surprising V and decided to stay. CDPR could work their story magic and get them to stay. I think that would be pretty awesome for players who chose them.

I mean, they could always do that but tbh after they tastelessly and (at least in River's case, haven't seen Kerry's) emotionlessly have River and Kerry break up with their dying partner and then have V automatically say to Panam that it's kind of a relief I dunno if I'd wanna see them again if that ending was made canon. I'd really rather they made the effort to respect the most workable ending states that all have the same goal of survival in common: Sun, Star and rejected contract Devil. I'm sure with some clever writing and a different starting point they can manage to integrate them. It'd be a bad sign if they're already invalidating choices this early on.

I mean, they could always do that but tbh after they tastelessly and (at least in River's case, haven't seen Kerry's) emotionlessly have River and Kerry break up with their dying partner and then have V automatically say to Panam that it's kind of a relief I dunno if I'd wanna see them again if that ending was made canon. I'd really rather they made the effort to respect the most workable ending states that all have the same goal of survival in common: Sun, Star and rejected contract Devil. I'm sure with some clever writing and a different starting point they can manage to integrate them. It'd be a bad sign if they're already invalidating choices this early on.
With Star being obviously THE intended "good" ending I already feel like my choices have been invalidated.

Top Bottom