Game gives you nowhere near enough money

+
Now after 1.2, there are some legendary clothes (purchasable at relatively low level) with always the max mod slots ;)
You also can buy legendary weapon not too expensive (like an overture with 4 mod slot).
Before 1.2, you're right. Visit vendors are just a wast of time :D
tho the legendary crafting spec bug - still exist afaik and expire... : (

tho the legendary crafting spec bug - still exist afaik and expire... : (
I'm not talking about spec crafting (if i understand well) :D
But legendary clothing directly (with max slot) and "lvl cap" with you (for a "cheap" price). If you are lvl 50, it's not cheap but better than all other legendary item who you could find or loot.
All the vendors always have 4 legendary clothes. (2 or 3 for weapons)

I'm not talking about spec crafting (if i understand well) :D
But legendary clothing directly (with max slot) and "lvl cap" with you (for a "cheap" price). If you are lvl 50, it's not cheap but better than all other legendary item who you could find or loot.
All the vendors always have 4 legendary clothes. (2 or 3 for weapons)
yeah sure - i just meant they added new legendary stuff for purchase early on but still havent fixed the spec bug... thats just a thing i dont get ^^ - and better than everything you found? if u pick up legendaries on 50 they should have similar stats, and for mod-slots you can still save scum ;)

and better than everything you found? if u pick up legendaries on 50 they should have similar stats, and for mod-slots you can still save scum ;)
I could say no. Because at the lvl 50, you already do a lot of GIG/quest and you already loot most of the legendary item (in contener).
(if you upgrade all of them, ok). But the vendors sell directly lvl 50 clothes ;)
For exemple, if i want a lvl 50 rocker pants i must upgrade it twenty time. (more for corpo pants lvl 6 to lvl 50)

I could say no. Because at the lvl 50, you already do a lot of GIG/quest and you already loot most of the legendary item (in contener).
(if you upgrade all of them, ok). But the vendors sell directly lvl 50 clothes ;)
For exemple, if i want a lvl 50 rocker pants i must upgrade it twenty time. (more for corpo pants lvl 6 to lvl 50)
or just wait picking them up at level 50 ;) but i get your point - its easier on progress to get new legendaries from a vendor every 5-10 lvl cause they scale with the time you enter the shop and dont need to be upgraded ever to stay worthfull yo. but still IF u pick theme set items on lvl 50 they are not worse than shop items in general ^^

or just wait picking them up at level 50 ;) but i get your point - its easier on progress to get new legendaries from a vendor every 5-10 lvl cause they scale with the time you enter the shop and dont need to be upgraded ever to stay worthfull yo. but still IF u pick theme set items on lvl 50 they are not worse than shop items in general ^^
Yes you're right, but i'm certainly not alone to loot my favorites lengendarys immediately when i can wear them :D

Pickup everything & disassemble. Combing through NC alleys for trash will net you in the long run several milion eddies and even some useful piece of equipment every once in a while. I've never bought something in the stores nor any vehicle that didn't come free at the end of a quest and I ended up with 4.5M eddies and a lot of cool clothes. Even if I bought all the vehicles in game I would still have around 2.5M eddies left.

You don't even need really high crafting skill to be honest. I found that I could game the crafting system with a very poor crafting skill.

Uncommon-rarity Nekomata rifles were my early key to it. With no perks/upgrades at all, they cost something like 30 common & 20 uncommon components to create. Sure higher skill levels & perks do lower those costs (higher profit margins). Either way - the income from crafting then selling one (nearly 650 eddies) is higher than the cost of purchasing those same components from a junk vendor. By only using an uncommon-rarity recipe, you avoid requiring any of the more scarce components, so it's easy to find plenty of what you need and then purchase any extras.

Later-on, I found a recipe for an outer torso uncommon jacket which nets nearly 850 eddies per sale, for the same crafting cost as the rifle. Now I'm using those instead. If a vendor runs out of components to sell you, I believe skipping time will cause them to restock, plus of course you can do a little "vendor tour" and visit a few places which are in the same vicinity (also useful when you drain a vendor of funds).

I haven't actually gone totally mad on any of this yet (I'm yet to purchase any components from a vendor), because I still have 17,000+ common components spare and 8,000+ uncommon components spare with my V. But - yesterday it took me only 15 min or so to raise 35k eddies via crafting when I wanted to buy a second heart implant to replace my not-worth-it bio monitor.

You don't even need really high crafting skill to be honest. I found that I could game the crafting system with a very poor crafting skill.

Uncommon-rarity Nekomata rifles were my early key to it. With no perks/upgrades at all, they cost something like 30 common & 20 uncommon components to create. Sure higher skill levels & perks do lower those costs (higher profit margins). Either way - the income from crafting then selling one (nearly 650 eddies) is higher than the cost of purchasing those same components from a junk vendor. By only using an uncommon-rarity recipe, you avoid requiring any of the more scarce components, so it's easy to find plenty of what you need and then purchase any extras.

Later-on, I found a recipe for an outer torso uncommon jacket which nets nearly 850 eddies per sale, for the same crafting cost as the rifle. Now I'm using those instead. If a vendor runs out of components to sell you, I believe skipping time will cause them to restock, plus of course you can do a little "vendor tour" and visit a few places which are in the same vicinity (also useful when you drain a vendor of funds).

I haven't actually gone totally mad on any of this yet (I'm yet to purchase any components from a vendor), because I still have 17,000+ common components spare and 8,000+ uncommon components spare with my V. But - yesterday it took me only 15 min or so to raise 35k eddies via crafting when I wanted to buy a second heart implant to replace my not-worth-it bio monitor.
You're "very" patient :D
For me, i only use tech skill for :
-Open door (with epics/legendary stuff after lvl 35)
-Recover legendary mods (clothes)
-Craft/upgrade some weapon (iconic for example. Problem solver in legendary is just awesome).

You're "very" patient :D
For me, i only use tech skill for :
-Open door (with epics/legendary stuff after lvl 35)
-Recover legendary mods (clothes)
-Craft/upgrade some weapon (iconic for example. Problem solver in legendary is just awesome).

yeah but its a bit annoying to invest in tech for every build... lately i just go with 12 in tech for at least beeing able to upgrade my iconics to epic at level 50. but more points often cuts other attributes to strong... sure 16 to recover mods ore 18 to even craft legendaries is nice but to expensive if u want to invest other attributes as well. gladly putting 12 points in tech still leaves you with 3x18 and 1x3 (+2 points individually gettin one of the 18 to even 20) on the other attributes. the only thing what bothers me with tech 12 is that cant get the one legendary crafting iconic for my stashwall... but since i rarely go to my appartment lately thats okay... <.<

running 18 body 18 reflexe 18 cool atm for most of the legendary cyberware + 12 tech for epics holding back 2 points for camo cyberware (most prob body i guess... but since im not a modder nor on pc i dont know if camo requires 20 body.... but im super happy that they are already working on that cyberware - really looking forward to its implementation "soonish" <3)

Last edited:
This is by far the most tedious and absolutely one of the shittiest trophies i've come across in a game in a long time, was thinking of doing plat on the PS5 1.23 but devoting an entire 100% playthrough just to get enough eddies to buy the cars and not even being able to enjoy the playthrough and not wasting money just dumb looting everything you see and spending hours and hours on crafting and maximizing every little income... its just ridiculous.

It is not that difficult to get lots of eddies in CP, think of all the guns, clothing and food you can collect in this game, just sell sell sell, you only need one car in this game the MaiMai, best all round vehicle in my opinion, large in car view space unlike other cars which are like driving looking through a letter box or some stupid crap on the bonnet blocking your view. Also Johnny's Porsche is great too.

Last edited:
If you get the intelligence perk that doubles payoffs from access points early, it really adds up. For those that want to try a hacking focused build that also can get you autojock.

I didn't do any sort of crafting and selling, that was just from gigs/missions and hacking every access point. I ended the game with over 2.5mil. To be clear, I crafted/upgraded weapons, I just wasn't crafting items to then sell. I also had to Marie Kondo my stash and sell all the legendary/epic items I knew I wouldn't be using. "Does this Epic Scav Bolero and Legendary Union spark joy?"

You need about 1.8ish mil for autojock.

I never bought weapons, and I was very selective about the cyberware I bought, but I also didn't buy *nothing*. Like I always upgraded my cyberdeck when I got the chance. And even if you're not seeking out hidden gems you find a lot of pretty decent cyberware just playing the game, even if it's not always the best version. So that can add a bit of challenge but once you get a legendary cyberdeck you're still walking death.

Now that the achievement is unlocked (you can even just reload an earlier save, ha) I feel more comfortable going wild with purchases, ha. I've just tried out the legendary arms for the first time, for example.

Top Bottom