Miruna needs a buff

+
So with the buffs of some bronze deathwish cards, I tried to do a classic deathwish deck.

Playing with this deck i realize how Miruna is weak.

I mean, she is a 9 provision for a total of 12 points. But since she gets a random unit, her potential its reduzed to 10, 8, 6 or even 4 (if you dont have nothing less than 5 points on the opponent board).

With this new meta with a lot of tokes its really hard to get full potential. Also, against Lined pockets its hard to get a unit less than 5 provision, and, when it has, normaly its Ferko).

Also, she needs a consume unit to use it, so, unless you use one of your leader charges, you need another unit to setup it. Ah, we cant forget they nerfed OH, so use one of the leader charges its something you really need to think about it.

Than, as suggestion i think she can lose the random or, at least, reduce one or 2 provision.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: if she lose the random effect, maybe it can continues if you dont have a direct target, since, with defenders, she can be weaker than its now

EDIT 2: Add @Gimme_a_break idea in this post, since its a great idea - "seize the highest enemy unit, which power is less than 5"

Last edited:
Hmmh well to my mind she is alright, probably the strongest deathwish ability (maybe Penitent and Werecat can be stronger in specific situations).
Often she (or to a lower extent also Imperial Manticore) can be a nice opener if your opponent has valuable targets for this unit as a first engine combined with Overhelming hunger. Removing the randomness would make her too strong.

How about something like "seize the highest enemy unit, which power is less than 5" ?
This way she would always be seizing 4 power unit if any such unit is on the board. Otherwise she would seize 3/2/1 power unit respectively.

But then again, she would almost always be 12 points play for 9 provision. Not sure if this is acceptable. However if currently she is 6 points play (when seizing 1 power enemy unit) for 9 provision, then I can agree that it's a bit disappointing.

Hmmh well to my mind she is alright, probably the strongest deathwish ability (maybe Penitent and Werecat can be stronger in specific situations).
Often she (or to a lower extent also Imperial Manticore) can be a nice opener if your opponent has valuable targets for this unit as a first engine combined with Overhelming hunger. Removing the randomness would make her too strong.
Yes, of course i know that strategy to use her and also manticora (and maybe Adda) to round control, special in round 3.

But with one less charnge in OH that strategy its some kind of dificult to execute, since you need to save all your charges, and, even if you save, you run the rest of the last round withotu charges.
Post automatically merged:

How about something like "seize the highest enemy unit, which power is less than 5" ?
This way she would always be seizing 4 power unit if any such unit is on the board. Otherwise she would seize 3/2/1 power unit respectively.

But then again, she would almost always be 12 points play for 9 provision. Not sure if this is acceptable. However if currently she is 6 points play (when seizing 1 power enemy unit) for 9 provision, then I can agree that it's a bit disappointing.
Thats a nice idea.

She playing 9 for 12 its not to much, special if you put in count you need another unit (or leader charge) to get her value

The problem is that Miruna is a pre highroll card.
Either she finds amazing value early in the round or she is getting acceptable points at best and game-losingly few points at worst.

Guest 4416545

Agree with the op, miruna was great but since the oh Nerf she is really bad, using one of the 2 leader charge just to trigger his deathwish is now not worth It, and if you dont trigger It with leader ability she is even worse since its really easy to play around her, so yes some kind of Buff would be nixe.

Also think that this idea is nice. Latest meta report showed that Overhelming hunger is now below average. So this might be a reasonable support for this archetype

Guest 4375874

In truth, deathwish needs a rework. They buffed Harpy's egg and Rotfiend but tbh it's still underwhelming because adding a pt here and there isn't the issue. The meta has changed significantly and deathwish needs to change as well in more creative ways....NO not Viy, kill that with fire.

Deathwish requires a second card to interact and activate so it's predictable and in a removal meta, opponents can easily deny you the pts because it's predictable. They removed DS and nerfed OH so I don't even know what the solution is tbh but because so many of the deathwish units are random or just not targeted effects it's not worth it.
Post automatically merged:

The problem is that Miruna is a pre highroll card.
Either she finds amazing value early in the round or she is getting acceptable points at best and game-losingly few points at worst.
True. Adda Striga honestly does the same thing for 7 provision, isn't random nor requires a charge/unit to activate. Sure dominance is a condition but at a minimum it breaks even.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, she needs a buff, but not in provisions, she needs more consistency. So instead, her ability should be Seize the highest enemy unit with 4 power or less.

I had to kick Manticore and Miruna out of my Deathwish-centered deck because of the lack of efficency.. Both can be played best in the beginning but need immediate destruction so the oppenent wouldn't counter it in a way (especially with all the spawning decks lately). But that's a hard thing to do if you just have the leader ability OH two times. So i would agree with RoyDeVigo suggestion of a 7 provision for Miruna.

I play a Haunt deck with Miruna. Getting good value almost every game. Stealing combo pieces, Madoc, Flying Redanian etc. is strong. Winning the First Round in 80 percent of games.

Guest 4375874

I play a Haunt deck with Miruna. Getting good value almost every game. Stealing combo pieces, Madoc, Flying Redanian etc. is strong. Winning the First Round in 80 percent of games.
At what rank? any deck with flying redanian will have Phillipa to take it back and using a OH charge to steal madoc is not worth it, NG can just transform into it anyway using Letho so you'll just rob them of 1 copy and ST is hit or miss because of their swarm play. It depends on what level you are playing, the point is the card isn't consistent at all. It's useful in one scenario and useless in the rest. You can play around Madoc using wild hunt bruiser to keep it on one row and deny them pts. That's 5 provisions, no charge required, Miruna is definitely not a worthwhile counter

At what rank? any deck with flying redanian will have Phillipa to take it back and using a OH charge to steal madoc is not worth it, NG can just transform into it anyway using Letho so you'll just rob them of 1 copy and ST is hit or miss because of their swarm play. It depends on what level you are playing, the point is the card isn't consistent at all. It's useful in one scenario and useless in the rest. You can play around Madoc using wild hunt bruiser to keep it on one row and deny them pts. That's 5 provisions, no charge required, Miruna is definitely not a worthwhile counter
Pro-Rank.
I would not put a Wild Hunt Bruiser in a Deathwish deck.
Many Bronzes have order abilities which add up to lots of points during the course of the round.

I concur she could use a buff. At the very least make her 8 provisions, and the idea of letting her capture the strongest enemy unit whose power is 4 or lower is a good one.

Lol, Skellige's Bear Witcher Mentor is a 5 provision bronze that can EASILY play for 10+ points up to 17 points on deploy is what I've seen - But this is after all SK and we know SK is balanced around a completely different metric system (to keep SK dominant).
But also Eldain with 5 used traps can play for 21 points for 10 provisions. :[
So I think Miruna could have some love too without being ashamed of it.

Last edited:
I actually think she's fine. Many other cards would benefit from a buff with higher priority than a card that's currently quite good.
I agree with you, a lot of useless cards needs a buff too.

So miruna can receive a buff and also all the other useless cards.

I decided to create this thread because devs nerfed OH and, in compensantion, they buff some bronze death wish cards.

But thats not enought, taking off One of the OH charge did a strong nerf in other deathwish cards, as example miruna.

Miruna its fine If you use in the beggening, but for that, almost all the time you need to use One of the OH charges, and thats why The OH nerfed Also nerfed miruna (and we can say manticora, but I think manticora its fine for 7 provision).

Guest 4375874

I actually think she's fine. Many other cards would benefit from a buff with higher priority than a card that's currently quite good.
Even if you use Miruna at the start it plays for 8 for 9. There are bronze cards in other factions that play far above that so can you explain how she's good? Adda Strigga gives me 9 for 7 and does the same thing. At a minimum it plays for 7 without costing a an OH charge. They nerfed OH which severely limits deathwish and since you are basically telegraphing your move with deathwish it's easy to counter unless you use a leader charge.

Even if you use Miruna at the start it plays for 8 for 9. [...]
Not really, if Miruna seizes a 4 strength unit one gets a 4 str Miruna + taking 4 points from the opponent + getting a 4 str unit => 12 points for 9p + Consume (a Consume is also worth 1.5-2 points) => Miruna is a conditional 10.5/11 for 9p.
Honestly I would argue that Miruna gives value that would be ok'ish if unconditional and if conditional is not worth considering.

Top Bottom