Survival-mode?

• Yes, please

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • No, don't add this

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Don't know/don't care

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
After visiting Fallout 4, the only way to play (for me, at least) is in survival-mode. Especially when you role-play the character your way. So, here's my suggestions of how to make Cyberpunk 2077 more 'real':

1. Eating, drinking
To survive, the player needs to eat and drink at least 3 meals/drinks a day (with minimum 5 hours [in-game hours] between). When beginning to starve/thirst, stats will start to drop (carry-weight, stamina and health).

2.Sleeping
We all know the detriment of sleep-deprivation, so the character needs at least 7 hours sleep for each 24-hour cycle (in-game). The detriment in stats dropping: stamina, dizziness (?)

3.Diseases
There's no places were diseases hasn't affected people, and I'll take a page from Fallout 4 and suggest buying/crafting antibiotics to cure the most common diseases as well as parasites. The detriment should be rapid loss of carry-weight, drop in Stamina and when Stamina is at 50%, drop in Health (slowly). The ripperdocs could have the crafting-recipes as well as the antibiotics.

Why?

The idea is to make the game more challenging, without the need to make to NPC's bullet-sponges, or the need to increase the complexity of the AI. And it would give a reason for characters to visit the closest food-vendors and ripperdocs. As it is today, there's absolutely no reason to go and buy/eat at food-vendors. And the ripperdocs seems under-utilized to only sell 'chrome' to the character. I notice that I can get all the food/drinks necessary by looting NPC's after a fight, and once I've gotten the 'chrome' I want/need, I no longer visit ripperdocs at all. The survival-mode should be separate from the other difficulty-modes in my honest opinion.

And I welcome feedback on this suggestion. Good or bad? After they've patched up, or after DLC's?

Such mode would greatly improve the pacing of the story and give motivation to come home. But it should be optional and not tied to the difficulty setting. I know many people who like the idea of hunger and disease in Fallout 4, but they don't like the increased damage from enemies.

Your 'chrome' should have wear-and-tear, and degrade over time. The ripperdocs should be specialized in one or two slots. So to repair a broken cybernetic lung implant, you go to one doc, and to repair a broken nanowire implant, you go to a different one.

Victor may be able to implant a Kiroshi Mk. 3, but can he actually repair it?

Such mode would greatly improve the pacing of the story and give motivation to come home. But it should be optional and not tied to the difficulty setting. I know many people who like the idea of hunger and disease in Fallout 4, but they don't like the increased damage from enemies.
Yeah, I implied it should be a separate mode for those wanting complete immersion.

But there's one thing (most) games does not take into account, to make things easy. I real life, a shot to the head would mean you're dead. You can do this in a game, but the level of frustration for the player would be unbearable/immeasurable, so the better option is to give the enemy NPC's more damage-capabilities instead...

There's one game-mode many players choose besides survival-mode, and that is Dead-is-dead mode. Probably the most difficult mode of all. I don't play that mode, because I usually die midway in a game do to circumstances (being unaware of the beeping from the mine you stepped on).
Post automatically merged:

Your 'chrome' should have wear-and-tear, and degrade over time. The ripperdocs should be specialized in one or two slots. So to repair a broken cybernetic lung implant, you go to one doc, and to repair a broken nanowire implant, you go to a different one.

Victor may be able to implant a Kiroshi Mk. 3, but can he actually repair it?

Good point. Your idea of repairing damaged/degraded cyberware is a good one. Thus yet another reason to visit the ripperdoc. I wonder how I could miss this option.

Yeah, a survival mode introduced at some point would be nice, given the fact that there's actually little incentive to consume food and drinks in this game as it is now, apart for some minor bonuses no one really cares about.

And, while we're at it, i'd love to see some sort of injury mechanics: a broken leg could make V walk slower, a head trauma could cause V to partially lose sight and make difficult to aim, a broken arm could prevent the use of weapons like shotguns or baseball bats, for example.

Something similar has been implemented in many games - Metal Gear Solid 3 springs to mind (EDIT: and of course Fallout). It would add another strategic element to the combat, making every encounter more difficult and unpredictable.

Last edited:
I only hate of survival mode of fallout 4, cant do quick travel and cant save when i want.

When i use mods for that, I cant play fallout 4 without survival mode anymore.

I only hate of survival mode of fallout 4, cant do quick travel and cant save when i want.

When i use mods for that, I cant play fallout 4 without survival mode anymore.

Once you delve into the game in survival-mode, with all the effects, it's immersion-breaking to go back to the other difficulty-modes. I don't think I'll stop playing in survival-mode to be honest. I use a couple of mods as well, mainly graphical mods that makes the vegetation more green, more grass, higher detail on rocks, ENB, fast-travel from/to the Institute inside the molecular-relay when that options opens etc. Not to mention I have the mod to load/save settlement-blueprints (I usually save them to upload on Nexus).

Once you delve into the game in survival-mode, with all the effects, it's immersion-breaking to go back to the other difficulty-modes. I don't think I'll stop playing in survival-mode to be honest. I use a couple of mods as well, mainly graphical mods that makes the vegetation more green, more grass, higher detail on rocks, ENB, fast-travel from/to the Institute inside the molecular-relay when that options opens etc. Not to mention I have the mod to load/save settlement-blueprints (I usually save them to upload on Nexus).
I dont have fun without quick travel. I mean, if I want i can go without quick travel to places in the game xd. But if I am in Far Harbour and want go to Radiant Sea... I dont want be walking for hours in real life.

For other hand... I dont play a game of this kind without diferents slots for saves. Some times bugs happen. For that reason i have got too a mod than reactivate the console.

I mean... I play to have fun. If I dont want something, the mod are for that.

I would like to expand on this a bit more. They should add the need to fuel your vehicles and also able to catch viruses from hacking or being hacked.

I'd love something like this too and already sort of play it that way without it being needed. Only have a realistic number of weapons on V too.
For the sleep implementation it would be great if they added the ability to sleep at the other Pads/camps or even some motels, no-tell or otherwise.
Edit: for the diseases I think it would be a good begining challenge but if player wants, there would be cyberware to fix them, locked behind some mid-game/endgame streetcred (midgame as the streetcred increase is at the moment).

i dont think that they're capable of adding such mode into this game considering that ng+ is not even in game yet

I like this idea, but only as a side/survival mode option, as you mentioned.
It sort of gave me flashbacks of The Long Dark and Breathedge, which seems to be in a way similar from what you have described. Returning to the same spot/safe place in order to not die - it is something that I'd like to avoid, in general. But if the character has to keep in mind and take care of certain needs before it becomes life threatening - that can be sort of fun. Like needing to pee.

And yeah! Ripperdocs can have a preventive measures against cyberpsychosis, e.g. Or it can be a legit threat, if you 'over-augment' yourself. So let's say a limit to the augmentations in order to avoid the cyberpsychosis. :think: yeah, that could be cool!

Top Bottom