Boss battles

+
Please stop posting that... Walker is a bad idea, it leads to bad places.... would rather not encourage CDPR to include it in the game.

only if it is a finale boss fight, like on your way to the executive up in the tower. it would work just fine in that scenario.

but it would be quit lame if the walkers were out and about in the game. no we should only see it once.

The Walker looks like something out of StarWars, way out of place in NC. If it weren't for the swaggy jacket, that render would offend me.

*sniff*

yeah, i know where yous are coming from. i want this game to be intament, and personal, the walker kinda makes it feel arcady.

they should really hold off on that, one off boss fight at the most.

yeah, i know where yous are coming from. i want this game to be intament, and personal, the walker kinda makes it feel arcady.

they should really hold off on that, one off boss fight at the most.

Or you know... preferably.... not use the walker at all, because it is too silly for cyberpunk.

Or you know... preferably.... not use the walker at all, because it is too silly for cyberpunk.

I compleately agree with you. I also think walkers are too silly even for Star Wars. And since you asked it so nicely... And because we all like Swaggy the Swag Jacket Guy...

I present to you... Swag jacket guy vs Acpa armor!

(Sadly not as great as it sounds.. I'm not that talented...)

View attachment 1041

Attachments

• swagjacketguyvsacpa.jpg
    swagjacketguyvsacpa.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 36
Boss battles generally suck, and a product of the old side scrolling crap video games should have moved away from a long time ago.

However, if there is a boss battle, then it should follow the same rules as everything else in the game. No bullshit invulnerability save for whatever pixel bitched solution the game wants you to play (fuck you Deas Ex: HR you digital shitstain of a game). No artificial beef up, with no rhyme or reason beyond some bullshit narrative crap. If that guy is more armored, then let me see that armor, if he can jump higher, or whatever, then let me see why. And if he can get the uber armor and jumpy or flyboy shit, then when we kill him we should be able to take that shit from him. If his face is exposed, and I shoot him in the face, then he should bloody well die. Not hav some magic forcefeild bullshit that prevents me from hurting him. Hell, if any part of him is exposed, I should be able to target that and it have an effect.

I don't mind the climax of a chapter of the game having a tougher foe, a challenge... but I hate, as in fucking despise, the whole "you are locked in a room, and now you have to fuck around and figure out our incredibly contrived bullshit way of fighting this "boss" who cannot be harmed by bullets, explosives, whatever...." Fuck all that.

I compleately agree with you. I also think walkers are too silly even for Star Wars. And since you asked it so nicely... And because we all like Swaggy the Swag Jacket Guy...

I present to you... Swag jacket guy vs Acpa armor!

(Sadly not as great as it sounds.. I'm not that talented...)

View attachment 884

That is much more inline with Cyberpunk, good job.

what about boss battles in CP 2077?

Do you want boss battles? And if how should they be?
Hrm... I like the idea of "boss battles" a-la GTA4, where things build up to a crescendo, rather than Metal Gear, where it's some OMGWTFBBQ overpowered baddie or contraption.

I am on the same page as 227, Chris and Wisdom when it comes to boss fights. Climactic battles or just confrontations are key parts of story telling and I don't think that I would feel as if I had really accomplished anything momentous without them. That said: No Bullet Sponges! (unless of course they are a full conversion or an ACPA). I absolutely want them to have to follow the same rules that we do in the game.

It's been said and I like the idea of the corporate solo being the harder fight than the corporate himself. This could lead to the 'boss fight' followed by the 'boss confrontation'. Once you kill the bodyguard you still have to get what you want out of the boss, even if all you want out of him is his brains on the wall.

ACPAs, cyberpsychos, FBCs and "legendary" characters should do the trick. By legendary characters I don't really mean what everyone fears, damage sponges, I mean more skilled characters, characters that have the best scorts and security, the best weapons, training, cyber...

I think that the consensus so far is that we don't want the 'boss battles', whatever form they take, to feel contrived. Don't lock me in the room with them and say "to the death". Give me the option to run away if I want to. Sure you will have to beat them eventually, but maybe not the first time.

Instead of the kinda standard: you beat up the bad guy up to a point, then they run away to fight you another day. Give us the option to realize that we are completely outmatched at this point and we have to run, to come back better prepared or more skilled. Let that be part of the branching story line. I'm not saying make some of the fights specifically so that we have to run. But if we came to the fight and weren't ready, that shouldn't mean that we have to reload from an earlier time to retool for the fight or play the fight 20 times until we get it just right. In certain fights.

I think that running away should be a viable option. My players have had to do it before and it makes the final victory that much more satisfying.

Yeah that's pretty much what you can do with the first deus ex boss to get info as reward from another npc (except it's you the one with the upper hand). And probably an item hidden nearby, i don't remember. That draws the line about how deus exy the multiple approach design should feel in this game. Deus ex games are all about desire for knowledge and stuff, thus sparing a lot of lives, don't know how much can be shared with the style over substance thing.

btw, that also has to do with C&C simulation

Give us the option to realize that we are completely outmatched at this point and we have to run, to come back better prepared or more skilled.
Hm. On the surface, I don't have any problem with this, as long as they don't make it too "game-y." Case in point: Diablo 2. Fight boss, OMG I'm getting whupped on, portal back to town for healing and better armor / weapons, portal back, resume fight.

If you make an attempt on someone, when you come back, they should be better prepared.

Top Bottom