I think the weather system is broke

+
It rains a lot in my game. Odd. lol
photomode_27122020_172725.png

Rain bug (1.06 patch) is a big problem and it should be on the top of the list to fix it. Why? Lets think about it. Its a city of distopian atmosphere, many times we have dark, sad, violent missions to do, so rainy weather should be an indispensable element that appears quite often in the game. First time I saw rainy weather after rescue Evelyn Parker, it fitted so well to what I felt after this mission, sadness, helplessness... then I did a save and went to sleep. Next day I started game and saw wet ground with effect of raining on it and clear sky... Jezzzz. There are still many bugs in game (sometimes even funny) which don't bother me, but this...? For me it ruins totally atmosphere of this game and really I don't want to play anymore... CDPR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT... REALLY!

Last edited:
Have the same issue, didn't have it my first time around so I'm pretty sure it's a bug that was caused by the hotfixes. But there is just no weather either than sunny. With some puddles on ground. Once I noticed it, it's been the most immersion spoiling glitch I've encountered. I sent a report. Hope that does something. IF ANYÖNE has a fix for this, please do write.

This is really weird. There must be some random number generator deciding when it rains because people report totally different experiences. It rains every couple of days in my game. I actually noticed an uptick in rain after 1.05.

I had very scarce rain in my almost 200 hrs run. Almost always during or immediately after some quest or transition.
NC is in the LA area thing but climate in Cyberpunk has at this time pretty gone mad all over the globe and some parts have been submerged (in a TV transmission Iqbal was talking about a firefight with treasure hunters looting the underwater ruins of Venice).

I never had an issue with the rain and stuff - i also had a random sandstorm in Badlands once. So idk what causes some of you miss it.

I got rain (every 2-3 days) i got sand tempest (once) i got also fog (twice) i got radioactive rain (twice) radioactive fog (once)

Looks like dynamic weather is confirmed. Clouds change depending on the weather.

Nexus mods offers a mod that alters the sunny weather for the others types.
However, I did some testing and it's also confirmed that raining very often does not show actual rain
dropping from the sky. As of now I cannot get the rain to appear even though currently I have it modded to rain
the same amount it is usually sunny.

I didn't notice how little it rained (with drops) until this thread, but I don't know if I mind. The rain itself kinda reminded me of something from Second Life and it threw me off.

i've had this issue till yesterday. i've done a specific mission(d'ont know if i can tell which one it is) and it triggered the rain afterwards. now i have light rain, heavy rain and acid rain, and now, it often rains

Played 20 hours yet not a drop of rain sighted on PC.. Saw videos people playing PS4 and claiming the rain makes the game run at 15fps....
I cant say what FPS I may have experienced at the time but I dis have multiple instances where it rained, started to rain or where it was wet.
I also have to say I like the rain in this game, it looks like a giant downpour.

I noticed sometimes at night everything looks wet, yet there's no rain. I think this is some kind of bug and the rain effect isn't
working. I've seen the rain before so I know they didn't scrap it so it has to be just bugged. I hope they address this. It's immersion breaking when the streets are wet
yet the sky is clear.

in addition, the rare times it rains the droplets on the street and on the puddles are almost invisible...

Last edited:
I got rain (every 2-3 days) i got sand tempest (once) i got also fog (twice) i got radioactive rain (twice) radioactive fog (once)
which game are u playing? :( - i want weather changes too... sometimes it rains but all the others i havent seen in over 1k hrs played.... : /

which game are u playing? :( - i want weather changes too... sometimes it rains but all the others i havent seen in over 1k hrs played.... : /
Strangly, me to. The weather is pretty good.
Sand storms, light/heavy rains, weird yellow sky and fortunately good weather alternate quite well :(
(maybe they have reduce this on some versions)

Top Bottom