Playstation Store

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the game's performance is far from perfect, at this point it's definitely passable even on base PS4's. There are other games that are far buggier or perform worse currently for sale, so it's kinda strange that it hasn't returned yet.
It's a PR problem now. No studio in their right mind would want to relaunch their flagship AAA game with "passable" performance. That's not going to generate the kind of buzz they need in order to win large volumes of purchases from those who avoided buying it first time around or those who got refunds the first time around but might be convinced to try again.

It's a PR problem now. No studio in their right mind would want to relaunch their flagship AAA game with "passable" performance. That's not going to generate the kind of buzz they need in order to win large volumes of purchases from those who avoided buying it first time around or those who got refunds the first time around but might be convinced to try again.
it also can be a bit ego (understandable tho) after CDPR promised refunds to the playerbase without talking or taking Sonys refund policy in consideration at all. Its not just about the game status but also about their behavior - forcing Sony to give refunds in the first place.

It's getting better with every patch, but the thing is that base old gen game versions, at a cost of more stable performance, now have quite an empty city. Well, at least it will be good enough to enjoy the story without ridiculous lag and seeing how textures load up in front of you.

seeing how textures load up in front of you.
this is still the case even with downgrades in light and texture quality.... thats why people say 1.2 didnt helped much in this regard. overall look got worse but performance didnt really changed at all. other bugs are fixed therefor but loading textures/objects in time is still a major issue at least on ps4 cant speak for xbox tho.

I place here my comment {rant}.

I lived in Japan during all my youth, carried out my studies in this fabulous country, this country that I love. as a mathematician, my first job {probability calculus internship} was at Sony. I have fond memories of it.
company policy is tough but fair. I do not understand such a decision; Prohibition of sale.
I do not recognize Sony and I am angry and above all; disappointed. Obviously, the Japanese people are not the people of the West, they do not like {any disappointment} at all.
I hope that Sony {now; Sony Group} will quickly reconsider this decision, {a real boycott}, against CDPR.

upset.jpg

With the source code stolen and sold it never will be. Cyberpunk has a launcher and needs internet connection. So people with access to the source code have theoretically access to the launcher and furthermore to your userdata.
Sony did the only right thing taking the game off early for whatever reason they had.

[...]
Huh? Even if that were the case, you'd just code a new launcher.

Finally finished the damn game, regretfully on a damn ps4 and it even blue screened during the credits...smh

If is we're in the ps store then I could've finished it on my ps5 digital, probably without the blue screen...smh

Hope to do my next playthrough on a downloaded version from the ps store. Great game and story, too bad for the rocky launch which I blame on covid. Damn virus screwed up the world.

Suggestion: This is where it should give you the option to upgrade to the digital license.

PS_App_20210508_070947.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally finished the damn game, regretfully on a damn ps4 and it even blue screened during the credits...smh

If is we're in the ps store then I could've finished it on my ps5 digital, probably without the blue screen...smh

Hope to do my next playthrough on a downloaded version from the ps store. Great game and story, too bad for the rocky launch which I blame on covid. Damn virus screwed up the world.
I can assure you that Covid has nothing to do with the disastrous launch.

I can assure you that Covid has nothing to do with the disastrous launch.
How about you develop a console game without access to the commercially sensitive office only based dev-kit!
I'm sure that wouldn't have any effect. Oh and you can't have any beta testers in the office either......

How about you develop a console game without access to the commercially sensitive office only based dev-kit!
I'm sure that wouldn't have any effect. Oh and you can't have any beta testers in the office either......
Other games were released around the same period just fine, without major problems. And in any case, Covid occurred a couple of months before the first announced release, that was, in April. So... no. Covid has nothing to do with the disastrous launch.

Is CDPR sure this wasn't a "permanent" ban from the ps store?
Post automatically merged:

Yes, but without store support, are there even updates? The disc version of CP2077 is going to be 1.0. If there are no patches, even if I could buy the disc, I wouldn't want to. I would wait until it was supported with patches. Once Sony decides to list it again, it will probably take off. I am sure many potential players are just chomping at the bit waiting to complain about this game. :)
I have the game on ps4 pro and it receives the digital updates.

On the bright side, with how hard currently is to buy ps5, it is kinda blessing in disguise, isn't it?:)

No way, it should have been a functioning product from day 1. It's not a blessing in disguise, it's a disgrace and a bad look when Sony won't even allow you to sell your game on PSN because it's so broken.

No way, it should have been a functioning product from day 1. It's not a blessing in disguise, it's a disgrace and a bad look when Sony won't even allow you to sell your game on PSN because it's so broken.

.... I meant 'Eh the game is still not on the psn so who knows if when the dlc/expansions come out, it will be on it. So why bother with the ps5?' And the 'blessing in disguise' comes, as it is currently hard (or so expensive that you better buy a PC) that you are not constantly 'oh man, I wish I had a ps5 right now'.

Other games were released around the same period just fine, without major problems. And in any case, Covid occurred a couple of months before the first announced release, that was, in April. So... no. Covid has nothing to do with the disastrous launch.
Valhalla is more bugged (overall) than Cyberpunk.

Valhalla is more bugged (overall) than Cyberpunk.
If that's true (which I don't believe) why didn't Sony pull AC Valhalla from the PSN Store? Surely if it was somehow worse it would have also been pulled?
Post automatically merged:

.... I meant 'Eh the game is still not on the psn so who knows if when the dlc/expansions come out, it will be on it. So why bother with the ps5?' And the 'blessing in disguise' comes, as it is currently hard (or so expensive that you better buy a PC) that you are not constantly 'oh man, I wish I had a ps5 right now'.
That's some pretty flawed logic, IMO. We definitely live in 2 completely different realities, I'm just going to agree to disagree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom