Eating/Drinking Not Animated. WHY NOT!!

+

More player animations (like eating/drinking) a feature I would like the DEV to eventually add?

• Positively yes, I want the DEV to eventually spend a little time making this better.

• Yes, it would have a positive effect on my game enjoyment

• No, it would have no effect at all on my game enjoyment.

• Absolutely no, I do not want the DEV to waste time on this.

• Do not care myself but I do not mind the DEV taking some time to do this eventually.

Results are only viewable after voting.
After patch 1.11 they changed where on the sofa you sit to watch TV in your apartment. WTF? Now the TV is HUGES looking (Feel like I am going to burn out my eyes). That also means now you are way far from the cat when the kitty sits on the end of the sofa.

I wonder WHY they did that? Were there people complaining they could not see the TV? Seems like a microscopic thing for them to waste "game patch" time on. :shrug:

Bro its 2077. Flip eating. Eating is so overrated. Poor people eat. Pro gamers absorb nutrients from the food in their pockets of infinite storage.

Being able to eat food as an animation would be a cool humbling experience tho.

Guest 3847602

that's the weird part, he knows since he says Witcher 3 was great. Witcher 3 didn't have any of those animations. So not sure what the point of the post is. The animation was unnecessary in W3 and it's unnecessary in CP2077.
There are mods that add a bunch of animations to TW3. Nonessential feature, but seeing things like Geralt meditating, taking potions or oiling swords being animated is a nice detail and not really intrusive or disruptive.
But yeah, if they even consider adding them at some point, it's probably for the best to leave the option of turning them off.

yea, I get this, being part Japanese part Thai, both places having legendary street food, I always end up in Night City's markets and food vendors browsing the carts and stalls, or those elegant outdoor eating bars in Japan Town.

I want to be able to sit reading a Night City newspaper in the rain, next to the noodle stall and recreate the iconic scene where Deckard is trying to get his food, and then have it served to me in the steaming bowl with chopsticks...

" Tell him I'm eating..."...

!!Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-18 22-16-48EDIT.png
r6p9xwreqmg01.jpg

Deckard:Give me four.
Sushi Master:Futatsu de jubun desuyo. [Japanese: "Two are really enough"]
Deckard:No, four: two, two, four.
Sushi Master:Futatsu de jubun desuyo.
Deckard:And noodles.

No way lol. I hated this about RDR2. Thank god they didn't
put in needlessly long animations every time you eat something.

This would not work in a game like this unless there was a different
ultra realism mode.

No way lol. I hated this about RDR2. Thank god they didn't
put in needlessly long animations every time you eat something.

This would not work in a game like this unless there was a different
ultra realism mode.

well let's say nothing works as it should

A compromise would be to allow you to sit at any food vendor stall in the street that had chairs/stools. It's rendered for certain cut scenes - meeting Jackie the day after saving Sandra, waiting for Kerry outside Riot, etc.

With that many stores and stalls in the city, the program would probably come to it's knees just trying to keep all those objects loaded, ready and unloaded every time you moved down the street.

I still don't get why people want to sit there and watch a eating animation.
Like, don't you think the devs should be spending their time developnig
more important features. Like traffic, police system, balance to perks, bug fixes,
quality of life, crafting overhaul, loot being modified and so much more.

"EATING/DRINKING NOT ANIMATED. WHY NOT!!"

This... sigh... So much this... ...Why RPG devs never fathom to understand how important animations are in RPGs, is really beyond me.

For me the glaring example are bars and clubs. Sitting at the bar at Afterlife I ordered drink... And what... damn trading menu opened. No drinking animation.

This was especially visible during the gig in which V scared off thugs from the bar.
Barman was grateful and said something like "what would you like spunky monkey or some drink? This one is on me."
I Selected spunky monkey and again damn trading menu opened, nothing was for free...
:ohstopit::shrug:
This is just lazy and half baked. And "half baked" is big understatement.

Last edited:
NPCs have drinking and eating animations. So the files are there, just not in the first person. Another problem is if these animations get interrupted, the item gets left mid-air ><

I certainly wouldn't mind stopping for a bite twice a day, first grabbing a breakfast somewhere nice and the taking a break for a nice lunch. They should make the buff last significantly longer. 5-8 in-game hours, perhaps

I still have hope that i will see my V having ability to interact with the world and the items/Consumables within the world created by the Project Red.

They are slowly fixing the game and it seems modders are casting their magics. Hope i have HOPE!

Guest 4400165

"EATING/DRINKING NOT ANIMATED. WHY NOT!!"

This... sigh... So much this... ...Why RPG devs never fathom to understand how important animations are in RPGs, is really beyond me.
Because it takes time, costs money and is extremely unimportant and nonessential? You don't play any roles by watching a character eat or drink.

Seems like a task for modding wizards.

Because it takes time, costs money and is extremely unimportant and nonessential? You don't play any roles by watching a character eat or drink.

There are a ton of roleplaying opportunities surrounding eating and drinking. A person down on their luck drowning their sorrows in a bottle, a couple sharing a romantic meal, or a merc relaxing at their favorite diner after a day of clearing gigs.

Creating a detailed, immersive world and then making it impossible to interact with is a massive fail for an RPG.

I dont think you get what "role playing" is, adding features that are nonessential but doable go a long way to helping players immerse themselves in a world. Plus it might make Night City feel more alive.

A small animation would add to the realism, and for those who don't want it, maybe they could add food pills, so the player can just pop a pill like a Maxdoc.

Guest 4400165

I dont think you get what "role playing" is, adding features that are nonessential but doable go a long way to helping players immerse themselves in a world. Plus it might make Night City feel more alive.

A small animation would add to the realism, and for those who don't want it, maybe they could add food pills, so the player can just pop a pill like a Maxdoc.
It means playing a certain role, but drinking or eating adds nothing to that. Especially in first-person mode.

It certainly won't make any city feel alive, it won't affect it at all. Other characters do eat and drink on the streets, so that made the city more alive, animating how a playable character eats or drinks doesn't add anything to the city.

You also seem to mix up "realism" and "role playing". They're not the same thing.

Speaking of "immersion", out of curiosity: how many HUD elements you have turned off? Probably none. No additional animations will get you more immersed, when quarter of your screen is screaming "THIS IS A VIDEOGAME" in bright red font.

People have been able to immerse themselves in a RPG from the 70s with pencil,paper and dice rolling...i never eat or drink because my character was hungry or when i was eating pizza my elf druid was not necessarily eating.

Top Bottom