Beat on the Brat, was this on purpose?

+
is the fighting easier now with patch 1.2 or the AI kinda fight choppy while somehow magically teleporting toward you and somehow make a long leg leap towards you?

Little bit easy because gorilla arms does more damage (it's all)
Never see magical TP or nothing like that... (except for Cesar, but it's not a bug here)

If you could beat your opponent in 2-3 good hits, which is how many hits you can take before you lose the fight, it'd be equitable.
As it is, each hit you connect takes off only 2-3% of the opponent's health. So I'm of the opinion that the fights are not necessarily buggy, but definitely seriously unbalanced.

CDPR just doesn't want to create deep and interesting combat, so opts for "bullet sponge" enemies and intentionally nerfed V who has to grind it out instead of using skill. A lazy approach like they use on everything else CP2077. Also hit detection on enemy melee attacks is just plain dumb,

Little bit easy because gorilla arms does more damage (it's all)
Never see magical TP or nothing like that... (except for Cesar, but it's not a bug here)
then i guess i wait for the next patch. i just don't like to use glitch/cheat method to defeat the them. just downright cheat of AI to be able to use those kinds of moves with magical teleporting towards you when you can't fight it fair. just have to hope that parry method hits it just right, but i often fail cause they be jumping around like fools.

then i guess i wait for the next patch. i just don't like to use glitch/cheat method to defeat the them. just downright cheat of AI to be able to use those kinds of moves with magical teleporting towards you when you can't fight it fair. just have to hope that parry method hits it just right, but i often fail cause they be jumping around like fools.
With some cyberwares and a little bit of technic, it's not so hard (in very hard obviously).
And i said that, because i'm not very good in melee :)
(That, it's not cheating ? > Easy fight)

Somehow Beat the Brat is even worse post 1.6. Fred's combat robot turned sparring partner even comes close to smashing me to pieces at the start of a new game.

Well even though V is a powerful fighter, V isn't a super human and the game makes it clear on many occasions that you're just a small fish in a large pond. In this gig V is fighting the best of the best the city has to offer, basically regional champions and eventually you fight the very best so it makes sense that it's a difficult way up to the top.
Also a lot of the cyberware people have are not permitted during the fights to keep it mostly fair.
It would be quite lackluster if all the fights were as easy as the twins.

Also after a few tries you figure out the fighting style of your opponent so it becomes easier. I can nowadays even beat Razor quite easily since I know how he moves and where the weak spots are. The toughest fight IMO is the animal's champion Rhino.

In my numerous attempts to beat Razor Hugh during the first playthrough, he accidentally wound up stuck walking on the ring's edge, and unable to break free. It enabled me to grind him down to defeat. Indeed, frustrating, if V doesn't invest in the tech and knowledge needed in skin-on-skin fights. Well-prepared V might find them a bit challenging but doable without broken sweat, crying, screaming or having a meltdown. Not to say that I ... ever ... umm, had ... such... experience? Urmm.... yeah. Yeah. Totally.

My fave sport in Cyberpunk 2077 is something else -- driving. Shame that it's rubber-banded and way too ez. We need cars that break the speed '600', and vicious opponents with razor-sharp driving skills and RPGs to blow upp their opponents. And way longer races, say, the 'very difficult' level of gameplay should get an additional 'nightmare' grade, which stretches a race to 40+ minutes. Have you ever driven your car in CP2077 for 40 mins continuously in race mode without wrecking it? And above the common CP2077 speeds? Exactly! That would've been spectacles to stream.

Last edited:
I just beat Razor easily without Gorilla arms. Here's what I invested in points wise:

Street Brawler:
DAZED (max) - gives your punches a 30% chance to stun.
OPPORTUNE STRIKE - any punches during stun cause 50% more damage.

So basically every third punch you throw should stun the guy during which time you can absolutely pummel him.

No Gorilla Arms2.jpg

In Athletics:
REGENERATION
STEEL AND CHROME
INVINCIBLE
TRUE GRIT

No Gorilla Arms1.jpg

No Gorilla Arms3.jpg

So if you wanna play a version of V who is relatively conservative about cyberware and also really well conditioned, you can totally do that.

EDIT, TOTALLY FORGOT: I also have Legendary Short Circuit which has a passive ability where any critical hit you land with anything will apply a tier 1 shock effect. Also have the ASSASSIN perk under Ninjutsu.

Last edited:
Top Bottom