Eating/Drinking Not Animated. WHY NOT!!

+

More player animations (like eating/drinking) a feature I would like the DEV to eventually add?

• Positively yes, I want the DEV to eventually spend a little time making this better.

• Yes, it would have a positive effect on my game enjoyment

• No, it would have no effect at all on my game enjoyment.

• Absolutely no, I do not want the DEV to waste time on this.

• Do not care myself but I do not mind the DEV taking some time to do this eventually.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guest 4400165

There are a ton of roleplaying opportunities surrounding eating and drinking. A person down on their luck drowning their sorrows in a bottle, a couple sharing a romantic meal, or a merc relaxing at their favorite diner after a day of clearing gigs.
That's why they added those contextual animations in the story missions. It's supposed to be a story-driven game with some occasional wandering about from A to B and side missions, all with a purpose, to do something specific. This is also why they let players to enjoy those moments whenever they occur.
We already have a role of V, who's clock is ticking and there is not much time to sit around.

"Creating a detailed, immersive world and then making it impossible to interact with is a massive fail for an RPG."

Yeah, you can tell that to other award winning, critically acclaimed and praised all around "RPGs" that sell millions of copies every release.

Posts deleted for being off topic and in at least one case, nasty.

Rule 1 here is Kindness and Respect. Don't call others' liars - and treat other posters' opinions as equal to your own.

Talk about food and drink animations ( I would love them!) and if you'd like, other social animations. Not RDR 2 or CDPR being the devil or whatever else this thread devolved into, thanks. We have enough rant threads.

I love and adore games like RDR 2 and AC Valhalla because there i have the ability to immerse myself way better than in Cyberpunk with interactions to word around, not just food and drink items. Let's talk about Witcher 1, 2 and 3 . Witcher 1 and 2 had way more immersion to me with Geralt when drinking a potion he really did so, when he ate something i could see him do so, and adding oil to his swords also animated!:cool:
But Witcher 3 had nothing like it before modders swooped in and that made the whole game for me personally way more fun:disapprove: And no one can tell me that in Monster Hunter World Canteen cut scenes were not satisfying. I am RPG gamer, i see myself as part of the character i play as, and so i want to feel like i am really living in the words developers have made. I love Night City but for me something is missing. It's not for everyone, and i know to MOST people the gameplay is far more important. Again nothing wrong with that it's great to see games run smoothly as possible at 60fps or more, and shooting is dynamic and fast like in most first person shooting games. But i see the whole Cyberpunk game as a RPG not a Black Ops 1000374982427. And that is only my opinion and i wanted to bring this conversation up in here in the forums to see if there were others like me who would like to see our dear badass V down some shots at the bar after a super hard fight, Or sit on V's apartment watching TV with some food between story missions. (I do love that we were given ability to take a shower. Very immersive. Running around makes my V sweaty!) Or V sitting at the street stall and just watching all the super strange people just go by. Or enjoy the sunset, all of it! :ohstopit: it was sad to see how much backlash this game got for a very obvious reasons yes but it's still amazing that people who worked on this game made such a amazing story driven experience. And i am sad yes but also thankful for the CD Project Red for everything they have done. Please give us more amazing RPG experiences and worlds we can escape to. And all the love for the weirdos like me who play Cyberpunk and all the other immersive RPG games!:beer:

Last edited:
I dont want food animation... Why ?
A little animation of v bringing to its mouth an object magically taken out of its inventory would add nothing to the immersion (for me) and worse, would certainly get rather boring after a while (like in some other games).

But I agree, that to be able to eat in a restaurant and order different dishes to have different bonuses (better than consumables), would be really not bad. Even if this passage becomes repetitive and boring, you don't have to go if you don't want to :)

A little animation of v bringing to its mouth an object magically taken out of its inventory would add nothing to the immersion (for me) and worse, would certainly get rather boring after a while (like in some other games).

But I agree, that to be able to eat in a restaurant and order different dishes to have different bonuses (better than consumables), would be really not bad. Even if this passage becomes repetitive and boring, you don't have to go if you don't want to :)

You get me Lekill :beer:

Something like that could be restricted just to food stands and bars, not for stuff from your inventory.

CDProject Red why you do this to me!! :cry: This game is AMAZING! But all the cool looking foods and drinks just poof away when i drink/eat, what is this...2011?? You can do better than Skyrim damn it!

I want to Roleplay my V and sit in the crib watching TV, and see V drink some of that good looking stout i found! But nooo...just damn buffs. :giveup:

Or go to a Bar and see V down some shots, or eat in a restaurant!
View attachment 11076764
Indeed, it would have been awesome. What I'm wondering is, why can't we change V's hair? I understand that we may not be able to change the face but the hair! THE HAIR!!!

At least the small shops on the street can let me buy things, right? I noticed that there were many shops on the streets of night city, but I couldn't go shopping there at all.

They just say, "what are you doing?"“ Do I know you? " To be honest, it's ridiculous.

There is a mission to persuade female ncpd to leave the night city. The peddler downstairs said her fish was fresh, but she didn't sell it at all!

At least the small shops on the street can let me buy things, right? I noticed that there were many shops on the streets of night city, but I couldn't go shopping there at all.

They just say, "what are you doing?"“ Do I know you? " To be honest, it's ridiculous.

There is a mission to persuade female ncpd to leave the night city. The peddler downstairs said her fish was fresh, but she didn't sell it at all!
All the small vendors you are talking about have the same lines of dialogue as the PNJs (pedestrians, ...) lines translate in many languages :)
Way too much work for all the little shop in Night City.

In this GIG, if you listen the start of the conversation (with the nomad), Fish are not fresh at all :D

what is funny in the game; it is the {often impressive} number of bottles, food of all kinds that V carries. nothing is visible to consumption {but it forces us to sell all the time}. yes, because the impact on health is negligible.
I have often railed against this logistical contribution which remains in fact; only stuff, all kinds of stuff.

do not forget all those items that are useless, no impact, inability to move, which clutters our inventory. {in addition to clones, still present despite update 1.21}

backyard-bins-garage-sale-declutter-guide.jpg

what is funny in the game; it is the {often impressive} number of bottles, food of all kinds that V carries. nothing is visible to consumption {but it forces us to sell all the time}. yes, because the impact on health is negligible.
I have often railed against this logistical contribution which remains in fact; only stuff, all kinds of stuff.

do not forget all those items that are useless, no impact, inability to move, which clutters our inventory. {in addition to clones, still present despite update 1.21}

View attachment 11212840

That is far too accurate way to describe it! :facepalm: Developers please! :ROFLMAO: At least again to me personally if it was animated i wouldn't mind all the clutter.

It's a game that makes you play in first person view, so they didn't have to work on your running animations. You really think they would spend time on all of that. It's a ½ assed buggy mess

It means playing a certain role, but drinking or eating adds nothing to that. Especially in first-person mode.

It certainly won't make any city feel alive, it won't affect it at all. Other characters do eat and drink on the streets, so that made the city more alive, animating how a playable character eats or drinks doesn't add anything to the city.

You also seem to mix up "realism" and "role playing". They're not the same thing.

Speaking of "immersion", out of curiosity: how many HUD elements you have turned off? Probably none. No additional animations will get you more immersed, when quarter of your screen is screaming "THIS IS A VIDEOGAME" in bright red font.

Nah, you just don't get it pal, and you don't get what makes a world feel alive and interesting.

Fun fact; you can enter pretty much any building in Skyrim, why is that important?
As a player, you have the option to go into any building (if you can get in via lockpicking skills), but you have the choice to not to do that to. Some people would consider it trespassing (in game) and they may feel like those NPC's don't deserve such treatment. That is all roleplaying. There is no fail state if you rob every house and shop or trespass ect, but its all about "would my character do that to others".
That is also immersion building, because as a player, you are putting your mind into the game world and applying rules to you character.

Adding additional animations to CP77 would be similar. You don't need to eat or drink to stay alive in the game, but some peoples V might be that sort of person, someone who likes to eat. A small animation would just add to the immersion. Immersion being the whole thing that CDPR wanted to deliver. It would be no detriment to the game either.
I initially played with HUD elements on as its a new game, but I turned it off for the most part, but nice little strawman you had going there :coolstory:

And "your screen is screaming "THIS IS A VIDEOGAME" in bright red font." Everyone knows this game, and others are just video games. No-one is so stupid to think otherwise.

Nah, you just don't get it pal, and you don't get what makes a world feel alive and interesting.

Fun fact; you can enter pretty much any building in Skyrim, why is that important?
As a player, you have the option to go into any building (if you can get in via lockpicking skills), but you have the choice to not to do that to. Some people would consider it trespassing (in game) and they may feel like those NPC's don't deserve such treatment. That is all roleplaying. There is no fail state if you rob every house and shop or trespass ect, but its all about "would my character do that to others".
That is also immersion building, because as a player, you are putting your mind into the game world and applying rules to you character.

Adding additional animations to CP77 would be similar. You don't need to eat or drink to stay alive in the game, but some peoples V might be that sort of person, someone who likes to eat. A small animation would just add to the immersion. Immersion being the whole thing that CDPR wanted to deliver. It would be no detriment to the game either.
I initially played with HUD elements on as its a new game, but I turned it off for the most part, but nice little strawman you had going there :coolstory:

And "your screen is screaming "THIS IS A VIDEOGAME" in bright red font." Everyone knows this game, and others are just video games. No-one is so stupid to think otherwise.

amen-to-that.jpg

Considering how lousy the eating animation is with Jackie when you meet him at the noodle stand in the beginning, I'll take the lack of further such instances as a plus.

I'd like to have very small animations but I can live without them.

I'd rather prefer consumables having more importance in the gameplay. Like an optional survival mode. But again I can live without it.

CDProject Red why you do this to me!! :cry: This game is AMAZING! But all the cool looking foods and drinks just poof away when i drink/eat, what is this...2011?? You can do better than Skyrim damn it!

I want to Roleplay my V and sit in the crib watching TV, and see V drink some of that good looking stout i found! But nooo...just damn buffs. :giveup:

Or go to a Bar and see V down some shots, or eat in a restaurant!
View attachment 11076764
It's really a disappointment and it feels ridiculous. In many ways the game amazes you and in others it leaves you speechless but for the worse. I want to think that it is content cut due to lack of time. Something essential that should be in a future DLC. Cyberpunk 2077 wants to fly high but CDPR has its wings cut off in many ways, the entire community hopes that with their hard work they will let this game fly very high. We are waiting

Sitting and eating like in the Takemura sequence or drinking like in the sequence with Jackie at the Afterlife would be fantastic.

Guest 4400165

Animating food consumption certainly wouldn't make any world more interesting and alive.
Same thing here, that little animation won't make much difference, eventhough you're trying to make it look otherwise. Skyrim you mentioned (or any TES) never had any of that and yet you described how immersive it is. TES is one of those ass-licking RPGs, that jerk off players ego, CP2077 has slightly different priorities.

You're not alone here, I was asking anyone reading. And not stupid, but you want the game to be more immersive and realistic, don't you? More like real life?

Top Bottom