Thoughts on Masquerade Ball (and Nilfgaard in general)

+
Ball does work without Roderick and Joachim, of course, but being able to proc it will require additional cards compared to what for example the metabreaker-turned-meta runs. Dames, Hunters, Vincent (can't wait to see a fresh wave of complaint threads about him if he starts seeing play again)... Hunters are the only one of those three that is currently run.

Usurper is not a reliable proccer because he can only get the tag in R3.

So in short assimilate and double cross need pretty big rework
Yeah no. DC could use a Provision nerf but leave the archetype alone.

Thankfully, I do believe it is safe to say CDPR are not intent on killing NG (or any other faction). Because they are objective and act based on the complete data only they have.

NG is about to be sent back to Master Mirror dumpster status. Once again CDPR nerfs ball whilst buffing irrelevant cards. They nerf ball, we go Kolgrim, they destroy kolgrim, we go ball. Do not have many places left to go with the faction.

Ball does work without Roderick and Joachim, of course, but being able to proc it will require additional cards compared to what for example the metabreaker-turned-meta runs. Dames, Hunters, Vincent (can't wait to see a fresh wave of complaint threads about him if he starts seeing play again)... Hunters are the only one of those three that is currently run.

Usurper is not a reliable proccer because he can only get the tag in R3.
Do you mean that double cross meta-breaker deck?
That one doesn't run Van Morlehem Hunters these cards are only good when engines are played which isn't the case in this removal heavy meta.
The deck fully relies on gold aristocrats preferably quad Joachim.
Usurper is a super powerful card on deploy it plays for 12 and it has assimilate, agent (devotion), spy and status synergy.
It's the best transform card in the game if you can save this card till R3 you don't need ball.

Yeah no. DC could use a Provision nerf but leave the archetype alone.

Thankfully, I do believe it is safe to say CDPR are not intent on killing NG (or any other faction). Because they are objective and act based on the complete data only they have.

DC has always been nuts maybe not in this meta for what it's intended but when engines become playable again assimilate is top tier.
Thing is most leaders are worth 12 points and have some bonus value on certain faction cards.
DC in a proper assimilate deck is worth much more because the leader will trigger all your assimilate engines + you play a card of your opponents hand.
What typically happens is that most players save their best cards towards the end so when you wait till they have 3 cards in hand you almost always get a decent gold pick.
Which also has the possibility to disrupt an entire strategy of your opponent and/or grants you information to play around.
A provision nerf alone would be extremely underwhelming in my opinion.

I have thought about a fix for this leader:

Order: Create a duchess informant. Charge: 2
Provision bonus: 12

So what this ability does in points it will trigger assimilate for create + whatever the duchess informant copies.
More so it has the spy, agent and status archetype support + it's lore friendly.
Not sure about the charges though double assimilate + the rest of the synergies is already very strong.

Last edited:
NG is about to be sent back to Master Mirror dumpster status. Once again CDPR nerfs ball whilst buffing irrelevant cards. They nerf ball, we go Kolgrim, they destroy kolgrim, we go ball. Do not have many places left to go with the faction.
Not all balance changes were presented yesterday, I believe + some new cards are to be released as well. We're still to see what the near future of NG will look like. And buffs for some other cards have been already revealed and I must disagree those beeing completely irrelevant. I was able to run decent decks including Damien de la Tour or Stefan Skellen not that much long time ago. Although their abilities being Order-connected is still a weakness, they were potentially high rewarding already. Also the Vrygheff + IF leader change could be a sign of more support comming for Soldiers archetype. Also I welcome the Emhyr change as I have been able to get some decent performance from Emhyr already - although in this case I would welcome more support for the whole spying archetype. But as I already mentioned, we're still to see what else is possibly coming.
Post automatically merged:

Order: Create a duchess informant. Charge: 2
Provision bonus: 12
Although the ability itself is qiute interesting, the provision bonus seems ridiculously low to me, almost bullying I would call it.

Also would like to point out that, although beeing somewhat controversial (and I personally wouldn't mind reworking it), the DC leader is potentially high rewarding on one hand, but still RNG based, "almost" useless in certain matchups and "playable" around to some point (depending on deck and skill of the opponent) on the other hand as well. I mean, it is easy to see it simply overpowered, if you are the one beeing punished by it every time, but from the other side, it's not that strong, guaranteed and easy to apply in every single match.
Post automatically merged:

a Scenario chapter will only trigger when bronze unit is played
Seems too restrictive to me.
b Fangs of the Empire should be changed to 5 provision cost
Don't see any need for it personally. The presence of 2 of them in the MB is something elso, though.
c Yennefer Invocation: place an enemy unit at the bottom of your deck
That would make no difference in terms of considering this card as removal, but would have great impact to it's unique usability. I would prefer the oppsite aproach in fact. Something like: Lock an enemy unit and spawn its copy on the top of your deck. But definitely not for 9 provs.
d Gorthur Gvaed: move a card of your opponents graveyard to the bottom of their deck
I can't see any sense in such order ability. There is literally no benefit of using it for the player (considering those 1-2 pts for Kolgrim not worth mentioning). This is not a BALANCE change by any means. If there was a consensus this card's ability deserves a nerf, something like: "Move a BRONZE card from your opponent's graveyard on the top of their deck.", would make much more sense to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom