To anyone still in doubt: CDPR said they'll continue working on the game, so it can sell for years

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Source:

Doesn't really matter, unless it actually is fixed, and properly, I'm already telling people not to buy it, if they ask for my opinion. (And yes, I do put it on my XB1 to show them what it's like, I don't just say "don't buy it", I show them why)

Doesn't really matter, unless it actually is fixed, and properly, I'm already telling people not to buy it, if they ask for my opinion. (And yes, I do put it on my XB1 to show them what it's like, I don't just say "don't buy it", I show them why)
If they are on old-gen console, i agree with you. You can't tell it's good ;)
But if they are on PC (especially on a good one or even in XBSX, i don't know about PS5), the game run pretty well (and gorgeous on good PC) :)
(Give an opinion on a game to someone who has a gamer pc, taking the example of an XB1, is not good advice for me)

- is the game any good?
- no, full of bugs, wait for the patches

That's my response every time.

But if they are on PC (especially on a good one or even in XBSX, i don't know about PS5), the game run pretty well (and gorgeous on good PC) :)
(Give an opinion on a game to someone who has a gamer pc, taking the example of an XB1, is not good advice for me)
No, again with the hardware angle. It is the same game regardless of platform, the difference being resolution, frame rate and other graphical bells and whistles, but the game is the same. Thing is, since patch 1.2, I have found both the performance and graphical fidelity on my old Xbox One to be good. The issues I have with the game have nothing to do with the platform, they are common to all versions of the game. Of course the game is going to look and run better on more powerful hardware, but I don't see why the game looking so good on top end hardware means that it looks like crap on older hardware. It doesn't, it just doesn't look as good as it could be with more power behind it. Not everything has to be one extreme or the other.

No, again with the hardware angle. It is the same game regardless of platform, the difference being resolution, frame rate and other graphical bells and whistles, but the game is the same. Thing is, since patch 1.2, I have found both the performance and graphical fidelity on my old Xbox One to be good. The issues I have with the game have nothing to do with the platform, they are common to all versions of the game. Of course the game is going to look and run better on more powerful hardware, but I don't see why the game looking so good on top end hardware means that it looks like crap on older hardware. It doesn't, it just doesn't look as good as it could be with more power behind it. Not everything has to be one extreme or the other.
Nope it's not the same game on consoles (because XB1 and XBSX are the same version) and on PC.
Finally if you think it's the same, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. But for me, "just" with much higher graphics performance (no problem of texture loading, PNJ, cars, ray tracing, DLSS and all options in ultra / psycho, all in 60 fps), i'm sorry but it's not the same game as on my XBSX.
(but it's just my opinion)

Nope it's not the same game on consoles (because XB1 and XBSX are the same version) and on PC.
I understand what you mean from a personal point of view, but the fact remains that it is the same game, just with less graphical bells and whistles. The content is the same, the gameplay is the same, the game world, etc.

I understand what you mean from a personal point of view, but the fact remains that it is the same game, just with less graphical bells and whistles. The content is the same, the gameplay is the same, the game world, etc.
I agree, but for example (who hit me) i first play RDR2 on XB1 S in 1080p (not bad). When I then replayed that XB1 X in 4K, I really felt like it was a new game (same base game obviously, but the graphism... damn better) :)
It's for that, if someone someone ask me : "this game, it's good ?"
-If he have an old-gen console, I answer him "no".
-If he have a PC or next-gen console, i could answer "It's beautiful, fun, but try it (or watch stream, videos,etc...) for make an advice yourself".

Last edited:
I agree, but for example (who hit me) i first play RDR2 on XB1 S in 1080p (not bad). When I then replayed that XB1 X in 4K, I really felt like it was a new game (same game obviously, but the graphism... damn better)
True, once you've gone forward, it's hard to go back!

Finally if you think it's the same, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. But for me, "just" with much higher graphics performance (no problem of texture loading, PNJ, cars, ray tracing, DLSS and all options in ultra / psycho, all in 60 fps), i'm sorry but it's not the same game as on my XBSX.
(but it's just my opinion)
A lot of games that are developed for consoles and PC are using a framework that allows deployment on multiple targets. Afterward, they add elements that can sue the advantages of the target that's why the game can look different even with the same base code.
It is quite possible that CDPR did the same for Cyberpunk 2077 and they tested more the PC version. I also don't see a better explanation considering the pile of problems on the consoles when the game was released but of course, those are just my thoughts, nothing else.

No. Aside from qualities of CP2k77.
I call it hypestorm because at some point complaining on CP2k77 became fashionable. It works both ways. How long you withstand if everyone around start praising it?
Hypestorms are awesome. Tnat's how you get stuff done.

I hope CDPR is able to fix the game and turn it into something close to what marketing promised.

If not, all I can hope is that they go bankrupt. That may seem harsh, but unless and until a few big companies go under and some big investors lose loads of cash, there's no incentive for publishers and developers to finish games before releasing them.

If you want another concrete example of a 'hypestorm' doing good - look at the Battlefront II launch and what it's done to curb micro-transactions. You have more than a couple governments taking serious steps to outlaw lootboxes.

And blaming users and their hardware for the game not working is pretty weaksauce gaslighting. It's CDPR's job to make sure their game works on every video card and CPU configuration on the market. If they can't handle that, they should switch to developing for consoles.

It doesn't matter that the game works for you. Congratulations. You get a cookie. What matters is that it didn't work for a large number of people. The patches so far have been good steps in the right direction. Hopefully that continues. At this point though, I have zero faith in anything they say. They just need to keep fixing the game.

Oh, and releasing a fully functioning mod kit would be another positive step.

Hypestorms are awesome. Tnat's how you get stuff done.
Choom, aren't you from the cyber-space? Because the laws of conservation and thermodynamics works in my world.
And if something needs to be done, an adequate effort must be taken.

And if your car got broken, you don't sign a petition, you don't pursue a brand representatives on social media, and of course you don't start a shithypestorm. What you do is garb your ass and take your car to the car service. It's a sure deal.

"But it's not a car, it's a game. It's not even a thing!!!111"
True. But all this hype is managed to do is to get an apology from the management of CDPR. And it speaks very well about them, because they do care.

I hope CDPR is able to fix the game and turn it into something close to what marketing promised.

If not, all I can hope is that they go bankrupt. That may seem harsh, but unless and until a few big companies go under and some big investors lose loads of cash, there's no incentive for publishers and developers to finish games before releasing them.
[...]
But let me tell you what will happen if CDPR will got bankrupt: the whole industry will jump into the rails of sequels production because it's safe.
Yes, they will be polished as hell and bugs free mostly, but in terms of new ideas they will be empty and boring.

If you want another concrete example of a 'hypestorm' doing good - look at the Battlefront II launch and what it's done to curb micro-transactions. You have more than a couple governments taking serious steps to outlaw lootboxes.
Questionable. Whole micro-transaction thing is giant hype of money passing by. So it's all about taxing. And hype was a formal excuse for that.

And blaming users and their hardware for the game not working is pretty weaksauce gaslighting. It's CDPR's job to make sure their game works on every video card and CPU configuration on the market. If they can't handle that, they should switch to developing for consoles.
I was just trying to draw attention to two things:
  1. It is not always a game's problem if it does not work for a particular player.
  2. People for whom the game works do not run on social media because they have other things to do.
Had no intention of lightning anyone.

It doesn't matter that the game works for you. Congratulations. You get a cookie. What matters is that it didn't work for a large number of people. The patches so far have been good steps in the right direction. Hopefully that continues. At this point though, I have zero faith in anything they say. They just need to keep fixing the game.
For me it does.
Do you have any estimates about large number of people? How large is it?
Because according to last report sales/refunds ratio it is rather small number of people. Statistically insignificant.

And instead of helping CDPR get those bugs fixed (by contacting support and being proactive), you guys trying to shoot own leg.
Good luck with that, Choom.

[Edited -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, but I'm not talking to them about the PC version or how it runs on the next-gen consoles, am I? I'm talking about, because they're asking about, how the game runs on XB1. So, I'm hardly going to say it runs great based on a version I've never played and they're not asking about, it's based on my experience of the game on XB1. And frankly, it's like playing a backwards compatible 360 game on XB1 right now, only it costs the full amount of a AAA game instead of around £20.

OK, but I'm not talking to them about the PC version or how it runs on the next-gen consoles, am I? I'm talking about, because they're asking about, how the game runs on XB1. So, I'm hardly going to say it runs great based on a version I've never played and they're not asking about, it's based on my experience of the game on XB1. And frankly, it's like playing a backwards compatible 360 game on XB1 right now, only it costs the full amount of a AAA game instead of around £20.
Yes, i agree for XB1 version, it's a total disaster :(
There is someone who expresses exactly my impressions thoughts on this (and much better than I could), it's Cohhcarnage especially in this stream replay.
CohhCarnage Plays Cyberpunk 2077 (Hardest Difficulty/Corpo Run) - Episode 77
Just go to 3:30 until 8:20.
(sorry in advance, if I didn't have the right to post this link here :()

Last edited:
In it's current state, this game is completely broken. I now have more issues with just about everything than I did before. The ONLY way they can fix the game is to completely shut it down for 3-4 months and completely rewrite the entire game. I've had more glitches, items floating in the air, crashes, and I've had saves just completely disappear since the last patch.

I should add that my level 30 nomad completely disappeared, no saves, no gear, nothing left of him and I played him early on 4/25/21 and now he's gone. Game is BROKEN!!!

Last edited:
And frankly, it's like playing a backwards compatible 360 game on XB1 right now, only it costs the full amount of a AAA game instead of around £20.
I have my issues with the game and with CDPR's behaviour, but this sort of gross exaggeration doesn't help anybody, it just adds to the excess of negative hyperbole gamers use to talk about the games they play. I'm playing on Xbox One and now the issues with the texture streaming have been largely sorted, I would say the game looks good. To say it looks or runs like a 360 game is stretching it to make a point.

I have my issues with the game and with CDPR's behaviour, but this sort of gross exaggeration doesn't help anybody, it just adds to the excess of negative hyperbole gamers use to talk about the games they play. I'm playing on Xbox One and now the issues with the texture streaming have been largely sorted, I would say the game looks good. To say it looks or runs like a 360 game is stretching it to make a point.
major problem here is their marketing, they promised gaming pinnacle, however delivered game which fails on so many fronts to games two generations back or even mobile crap like gangstar vegas from 2011. This game does great only 3 things in my opinion graphics, attention to details in city design and audio, while failing miserably in story, replayability, rpg mechanics, combat, inventory ui, quest design, open world mechanics. Believe me or not, but playing this game on low end rig with poor sound and high end one with immersive audio is like day and night, of course neither is great but at least with good rig you can get some eye and ear satisfaction.

And i don't believe they can fix these problems, at least in this game. Maybe next.

like i did on ps4 - but aside of the performance and technical issues im also telling them its not even close what they would expect from the various trailers on the net. i also mention its more a lootshooter than an openworld rpg and that they shouldnt expect anything from the famous cgi and feature trailer before 2018. If they are interessted howsoever i point on reviews for both performance and lore-discussions in forums and boards. also i tell the truth about keanus part and what got lost for his spot in the game - just 2/8 i talked to have bought it afterwards. one on pc one on ps5. both said i was right in nearly everything i said tho. the ps5 user likes it for getting another shooter on his list. the pc player likes the artwork but both agreed its not the game they expected it to be.

like i did on ps4 - but aside of the performance and technical issues im also telling them its not even close what they would expect from the various trailers on the net. i also mention its more a lootshooter than an openworld rpg and that they shouldnt expect anything from the famous cgi and feature trailer before 2018. If they are interessted howsoever i point on reviews for both performance and lore-discussions in forums and boards. also i tell the truth about keanus part and what got lost for his spot in the game - just 2/8 i talked to have bought it afterwards. one on pc one on ps5. both said i was right in nearly everything i said tho. the ps5 user likes it for getting another shooter on his list. the pc player likes the artwork but both agreed its not the game they expected it to be.
Did you take a part in the creation of the game so you can tell people what was lost because of Keanu's spot?

Did you take a part in the creation of the game so you can tell people what was lost because of Keanu's spot?
its no secret that he never was meant to be the "main" char and yes its obvious jackys montage is the outcome of cutting it down the prolog part of the game - there are more than one hint that quite a lot of stuff was changed and cut to put keanu in spotlight. jacky used to have the quaddro turbo but it was changed to the arch (keanus brand), trailer showed a companion mission which was also cut, to get keanu/silverhand faster in game, a radio snippet said johnny just died 1 year before actually events start etc. - its more than obvious he got a way bigger role than in early concepts what means other stuff needed to fade to let him shine - i dont need to be part of the creation if they show us different intentions themselves. but nice try ^^

Guest 3847602

Another example of the internet playing the game of Chinese whispers - the story about Keanu liking the character of Johnny Silverhand and asking for more lines gets published. After a few months It was distorted into "game's story was rebooted to be all about Keanu".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom