Changes that would be great and issues I've found

+
I've been playing cyberpunk for about 3 days and I've already found some things that I think should be changed. Here's a list of them:
  1. zoom on the minimap should be customizable or it should adapt according to player speed (you can't see turns in a vehicle fast enough while following an objective)
  2. default bindings for crouch (toggle) and skip dialogue are both the letter C, which made me unintentionally skip some dialogue while I was trying to exit crouch
  3. skip dialogue should have a HOLD option, where it would skip the dialog continuously until a player can choose a response
  4. key binding options show Open main menu twice, the second one opens Character menu instead
  5. we should be able to rebind the Hide weapon key from the double Alt, as I've changed my weapon accidentally instead of hiding it many times
  6. there should be an option to toggle walk/run mode, both for immersion and to walk alongside another NPCs, for example while following them
  7. cyberware mods should show what they can be applied to, I have bought a legendary battery and I can't even use it, because it didn't tell me what it's for
  8. we should be able to scrap multiple items at once, even weapons or armor, which can't be covered by the Mechanic perk (auto-scraps junk)
  9. the full map should have a function where we can disable specific icons, filtering by 1 type of objective/service isn't enough imo
  10. the only way to show a quest's objectives in the journal is to click on it, which also sets it as tracked. This should be either separated, customizable or a preview should show while hovering over it
  11. we should be able to rebind the dodge keys, for example to holding Alt + direction key
  12. the REQ on yet unusable items makes no sense to me, LVL would probably be better, as the others are €$ (money) and SC (street cred) already
  13. I apparently can't change clothes while wearing a Special item, why? The clothes can however be changed from Backpack
  14. Switching armor in Backpack doesn't update the up and down arrows, meaning I have an item equipped and it shows as better than what I have...
  15. attachments should tell what they can be attached to
  16. viewing an item's description in Backpack and then hovering over the item type filter doesn't show the text explaining what filter it is
  17. for me at least, a dialog log should be available by tapping a key while conversing, maybe even the last conversation related to a quest should be in it's description
  18. the current weapon's ammo should be visible even while it's holstered, not only while being held
  19. crafting ammo doesn't specify how many bullets will be created
  20. during dialogue, other sounds should imo be lowered, talking to Evelyn while my right ear is exploding from the bass inside the bar when first meeting her is definitely not a pleasant experience
  21. quests with vehicle offers should show it's specifications in the description, otherwise I have to travel to them and scan them to see it
  22. in-game phone text messages end with three dots, which in real chats means the other person is typing, making the in-game one confusing
  23. this one might be just me. During the mission Playing for Time, we have to talk to Takemura inside the diner, while doing so, we choose who we want to go to, Evelyn or the engineer. Selecting one leads to some dialogue, after which we get the same options again, with the previously chosen being blue and the other one yellow. This had me confused, as it seemed like we can choose just one, but even though I wanted to go to the engineer, I was left with Evelyn being the yellow option. After the conversation is done, two quests are added, which I didn't realize and the Evelyn one was set as tracked. This made me reload the save before the conversation, after which I've realized what happened. I thought that I was forced to choose the option I didn't want, but it just wasn't apparent that I had to do both.
I probably don't even need to mention 3rd person mode, do I?

Some of these are probably on some TODO list, but I still wanted to write these down. There's definitely more and I'll try to add them here.

The game is great so far and I know the launch wasn't the best, still, some of these just make no sense why they haven't been implemented in the first place.

EDIT: more things
  1. sound plays even while the game is unfocused (alt-tabbed), an option to turn this off would be appreciated
  2. while Crafting weapons/armor into better tiers and hovering over the item required for the craft, the item's name is displayed, but it doesn't disappear when we stop hovering over it, or even switch to a different blueprint

Last edited:

Guest 4400165

1. skip dialogue should have a HOLD option, where it would skip the dialog continuously until a player can choose a response
Check your options, you can alter the dialogue skip type.
  1. we should be able to rebind the Hide weapon key from the double Alt, as I've changed my weapon accidentally instead of hiding it many times
  2. there should be an option to toggle walk/run mode, both for immersion and to walk alongside another NPCs, for example while following them
It kinda has that if you're walking behind them, walking alongside 'releases' you and you can run (the NPC usually starts running too).
  1. cyberware mods should show what they can be applied to, I have bought a legendary battery and I can't even use it, because it didn't tell me what it's for
Agreed, but in case of batteries, only 2 arms cyberware items mention a battery.
  1. we should be able to scrap multiple items at once, even weapons or armor, which can't be covered by the Mechanic perk (auto-scraps junk)
This is barely an issue, IMO, if you keep an eye on your inventory.
  1. the only way to show a quest's objectives in the journal is to click on it, which also sets it as tracked. This should be either separated, customizable or a preview should show while hovering over it
That's a PC issue, on consoles you can press on the mission and have to press another button to start tracking it.
  1. the REQ on yet unusable items makes no sense to me, LVL would probably be better, as the others are €$ (money) and SC (street cred) already
I like this. It's a bummer, sure, but kinda-sorta makes sense - getting the best cyberware early makes mid-later portions of the game stale, nothing worth upgrading to and ruins your combat, because being too powerful is no fun.
  1. attachments should tell what they can be attached to
You can press the mod slot on your weapon in the Backpack and it'll show you all available mods. There aren't many, even less actually in any way useful, you'll learn them quick.
    1. for me at least, a dialog log should be available by tapping a key while conversing, maybe even the last conversation related to a quest should be in it's description
I don't think conversations aren't that long and complicated.
  1. the current weapon's ammo should be visible even while it's holstered, not only while being held
Why? Open your inventory and check the amount. If you're crafting some, the Inventory tab comes right next to it.
  1. quests with vehicle offers should show it's specifications in the description, otherwise I have to travel to them and scan them to see it
You'd be surprised how most of the visual designs are very intuitive (?). Buggy-looking, sports cars, long cars, vans, bikes, etc. - they'll drive pretty much as you'd guess. The only "specifications" there are HP and Total Weight, I might be wrong, but I doubt you spend your time calculating the capabilities :)
I probably don't even need to mention 3rd person mode
I think it's one of the better feeling (!) 1st person mode games, even among Arkane's games or last 2 Deus Ex games. It stands out and feels just right. They put a lot of work into facial expressions, eyes movements and body language, things you'll miss in 3rd person mode.

Let console players disable screen space reflection, this option kills performance even on the PC, and it will end up with "grainy effects" that the game has on the roads. Let's get this to a developer, I'm sure it would save the performance of the consoles

Thank you for your reply.
warozell said:
  1. skip dialogue should have a HOLD option, where it would skip the dialog continuously until a player can choose a response
Check your options, you can alter the dialogue skip type.
Found it, thanks (in Gameplay -> Miscellaneous)
warozell said:
  1. we should be able to rebind the Hide weapon key from the double Alt, as I've changed my weapon accidentally instead of hiding it many times
  2. there should be an option to toggle walk/run mode, both for immersion and to walk alongside another NPCs, for example while following them
It kinda has that if you're walking behind them, walking alongside 'releases' you and you can run (the NPC usually starts running too).
I've noticed this feature, but it only works while being behind them, however I would like to walk alongside them.
warozell said:
  1. cyberware mods should show what they can be applied to, I have bought a legendary battery and I can't even use it, because it didn't tell me what it's for
Agreed, but in case of batteries, only 2 arms cyberware items mention a battery.
With my SC being lower than 20, which seems to be the requirement for the lowest rarity (rare), I haven't bought the cyberware yet.
warozell said:
  1. we should be able to scrap multiple items at once, even weapons or armor, which can't be covered by the Mechanic perk (auto-scraps junk)
This is barely an issue, IMO, if you keep an eye on your inventory.
Scrapping ~20 weapons and ~20 armor pieces takes 16 seconds if done as fast as possible (40 * 0.4s). If we want to mass-scrap junk as well, which are stackable, then it can get quite annoying, at least for me.
warozell said:
  1. the REQ on yet unusable items makes no sense to me, LVL would probably be better, as the others are €$ (money) and SC (street cred) already
I like this. It's a bummer, sure, but kinda-sorta makes sense - getting the best cyberware early makes mid-later portions of the game stale, nothing worth upgrading to and ruins your combat, because being too powerful is no fun.
This was a comment about the wording of the requirement, not the function. I meant changing the word REQ to, for example, LVL.
warozell said:
  1. attachments should tell what they can be attached to
You can press the mod slot on your weapon in the Backpack and it'll show you all available mods. There aren't many, even less actually in any way useful, you'll learn them quick.
Yes, but having a mod in your inventory without knowing what weapon type it goes to, or buying it off a merchant (not sure if you can) is still an issue.
warozell said:
    1. for me at least, a dialog log should be available by tapping a key while conversing, maybe even the last conversation related to a quest should be in it's description
I don't think conversations aren't that long and complicated.
This isn't due to some issues with the dialogues themselves, it's just a nice feature if someone talks to you and you forget to pause. The log in the quest description would be good in case you don't do the quest immediately, as the description is often short and I might not know the characters or more details then.
warozell said:
  1. the current weapon's ammo should be visible even while it's holstered, not only while being held
Why? Open your inventory and check the amount. If you're crafting some, the Inventory tab comes right next to it.
Let's say i want to make 200 bullets, so I craft X cases. I have to go check the inventory, see that I need more, craft more and finally I'm done. The player shouldn't have the need to remember how many bullets one case has, or how many bullets in total will X cases make.
warozell said:
  1. quests with vehicle offers should show it's specifications in the description, otherwise I have to travel to them and scan them to see it
You'd be surprised how most of the visual designs are very intuitive (?). Buggy-looking, sports cars, long cars, vans, bikes, etc. - they'll drive pretty much as you'd guess. The only "specifications" there are HP and Total Weight, I might be wrong, but I doubt you spend your time calculating the capabilities :)
True, but I thought the vehicles can come with different stats per the same vehicle. If they don't, then it's not that much of an issue. However, you can't see the vehicle in the quest description and have to check your messages, which isn't the best design.
warozell said:
I probably don't even need to mention 3rd person mode
I think it's one of the better feeling (!) 1st person mode games, even among Arkane's games or last 2 Deus Ex games. It stands out and feels just right. They put a lot of work into facial expressions, eyes movements and body language, things you'll miss in 3rd person mode.
I agree that the 1st person mode is amazingly done, but with character customization and various clothes/outfits, it would be nice to see and play as my character in the 3rd person. I know that this has been requested a lot and is a massive undertaking to be implemented, that's why I haven't added it into the list. Just adding my voice to the masses :D

Guest 4400165

Thank you for your reply.
Just sharing my view on things, having played for hundreds of hours. I still could be wrong or misunderstanding some logic behind things, though.
With my SC being lower than 20, which seems to be the requirement for the lowest rarity (rare), I haven't bought the cyberware yet.
I think they've done it for better pacing and more stable progression...and to keep the player busy. Works on me, I keep visiting a bunch of ripper docs every couple of levels, eventhough I do just fine without major upgrades.
Scrapping ~20 weapons and ~20 armor pieces takes 16 seconds if done as fast as possible (40 * 0.4s). If we want to mass-scrap junk as well, which are stackable, then it can get quite annoying, at least for me.
I thought about this: if your V is not Body-focused (meaning limited Carry Weight stat), you might wanna keep an eye out on your inventory as often as possible. On lower levels - you'll get a much needed edge with better looted gear and later on selling most of the items (even with perks in Tech, many items are worth more sold as components cost cheaper and not worth the experience).
This was a comment about the wording of the requirement, not the function. I meant changing the word REQ to, for example, LVL.
I see. Then they probably wanted to make each build more unique, as you won't be able to build a 'jack of all trades, master of none' character.
Yes, but having a mod in your inventory without knowing what weapon type it goes to, or buying it off a merchant (not sure if you can) is still an issue.
Still, I see this as a minor thing. You won't be getting many mod-ready weapons/clothes until 20+ level.
This isn't due to some issues with the dialogues themselves, it's just a nice feature if someone talks to you and you forget to pause. The log in the quest description would be good in case you don't do the quest immediately, as the description is often short and I might not know the characters or more details then.
Eh. Again, I think it doesn't get that complicated.
Let's say i want to make 200 bullets, so I craft X cases. I have to go check the inventory, see that I need more, craft more and finally I'm done. The player shouldn't have the need to remember how many bullets one case has, or how many bullets in total will X cases make.
Yup, just click the next tab in case
I have the bullet count turned off of my HUD, so whenever I craft something I switch the tab to check. But even on Very Hard, you'll never run out of bullets.
True, but I thought the vehicles can come with different stats per the same vehicle. If they don't, then it's not that much of an issue. However, you can't see the vehicle in the quest description and have to check your messages, which isn't the best design.
They do ride differently, don't get me wrong, but when you see a picture you'll know what it's like, and, probably, won't be wrong. Checking the messages - yeah, some menus get complicated to navigate. But it's just a couple of seconds.
I agree that the 1st person mode is amazingly done, but with character customization and various clothes/outfits, it would be nice to see and play as my character in the 3rd person. I know that this has been requested a lot and is a massive undertaking to be implemented, that's why I haven't added it into the list. Just adding my voice to the masses :D
That's understandable, but the devs made up for it, in my opinion. You'd see only back anyway
If I think I wanna check out my V - I'll use the Photo Mode. But, on early levels, you don't get much variety in clothes and the character will look like someone who robbed a futuristic thrift store anyway (which is not a good sight) :D

I've been playing cyberpunk for about 3 days and I've already found some things that I think should be changed. Here's a list of them:
  1. zoom on the minimap should be customizable or it should adapt according to player speed (you can't see turns in a vehicle fast enough while following an objective)
  2. default bindings for crouch (toggle) and skip dialogue are both the letter C, which made me unintentionally skip some dialogue while I was trying to exit crouch
  3. skip dialogue should have a HOLD option, where it would skip the dialog continuously until a player can choose a response
  4. key binding options show Open main menu twice, the second one opens Character menu instead
  5. we should be able to rebind the Hide weapon key from the double Alt, as I've changed my weapon accidentally instead of hiding it many times
  6. there should be an option to toggle walk/run mode, both for immersion and to walk alongside another NPCs, for example while following them
  7. cyberware mods should show what they can be applied to, I have bought a legendary battery and I can't even use it, because it didn't tell me what it's for
  8. we should be able to scrap multiple items at once, even weapons or armor, which can't be covered by the Mechanic perk (auto-scraps junk)
  9. the full map should have a function where we can disable specific icons, filtering by 1 type of objective/service isn't enough imo
  10. the only way to show a quest's objectives in the journal is to click on it, which also sets it as tracked. This should be either separated, customizable or a preview should show while hovering over it
  11. we should be able to rebind the dodge keys, for example to holding Alt + direction key
  12. the REQ on yet unusable items makes no sense to me, LVL would probably be better, as the others are €$ (money) and SC (street cred) already
  13. I apparently can't change clothes while wearing a Special item, why? The clothes can however be changed from Backpack
  14. Switching armor in Backpack doesn't update the up and down arrows, meaning I have an item equipped and it shows as better than what I have...
  15. attachments should tell what they can be attached to
  16. viewing an item's description in Backpack and then hovering over the item type filter doesn't show the text explaining what filter it is
  17. for me at least, a dialog log should be available by tapping a key while conversing, maybe even the last conversation related to a quest should be in it's description
  18. the current weapon's ammo should be visible even while it's holstered, not only while being held
  19. crafting ammo doesn't specify how many bullets will be created
  20. during dialogue, other sounds should imo be lowered, talking to Evelyn while my right ear is exploding from the bass inside the bar when first meeting her is definitely not a pleasant experience
  21. quests with vehicle offers should show it's specifications in the description, otherwise I have to travel to them and scan them to see it
  22. in-game phone text messages end with three dots, which in real chats means the other person is typing, making the in-game one confusing
  23. this one might be just me. During the mission Playing for Time, we have to talk to Takemura inside the diner, while doing so, we choose who we want to go to, Evelyn or the engineer. Selecting one leads to some dialogue, after which we get the same options again, with the previously chosen being blue and the other one yellow. This had me confused, as it seemed like we can choose just one, but even though I wanted to go to the engineer, I was left with Evelyn being the yellow option. After the conversation is done, two quests are added, which I didn't realize and the Evelyn one was set as tracked. This made me reload the save before the conversation, after which I've realized what happened. I thought that I was forced to choose the option I didn't want, but it just wasn't apparent that I had to do both.
I probably don't even need to mention 3rd person mode, do I?

Some of these are probably on some TODO list, but I still wanted to write these down. There's definitely more and I'll try to add them here.

The game is great so far and I know the launch wasn't the best, still, some of these just make no sense why they haven't been implemented in the first place.

EDIT: more things
  • sound plays even while the game is unfocused (alt-tabbed), an option to turn this off would be appreciated
Agree with most of these. It's a very good list of little things that are worth tweaking that would greatly improve quality of life in the game. I still don't understand what mods attach to what, which scope goes on what gun and what the terms for the scopes actually mean, and what those [something]stan cyberware things are about.

Top Bottom