STORY QUESTION (SPOILER)

+
Good day to all!

I don’t understand, am I doing something wrong, or is there a hole in the story? At the beginning of Chapter 2, Takemura calls us and offers to meet. During the meeting, he immediately says that he wants to take revenge on Erinobu for killing his father and he needs our help. But how did he know that the killer was Erinobu and not V? After all, when he took V from the dump, he contacted Erinobu and reported that he had found his father's killer. Then V is knocked out, and when he regains consciousness, the assassins attack the car and Takemura seems to be on our side. Logically, of course, you can think out that Takemura had previously expressed distrust to Erinobu, so when he found out that Takemura had found V, he decided to finish them off and sent the assassins, but it was still somehow cloudy.

In addition, then Takemura says about Hanako, “tell her what you said to me,” although V won't say a word about Erinobu to him.

Takemura isn't an idiot - only a fool would not suspect anything suspect about how that went down.

The dialogue "tell her what you said to me" might be a glitch, because in my game I definitely told him multiple times or at least confirmed what he was saying.

I can't remember how it panned out - but I don't think I could have not taken that course in the dialogue.

Either way - he definitely knows that it was his son, and probably knew immediately.

No way takemura is one of my favorites chars. I actually saved her life after the kidnap of hanako. He is cool and v is always trolling with him on the messages.
Also there is a comedian that looks like him, if you are cool enough you can troll him with that too.

Thank you, guys! I can't wait for them to fix major bugs with patches and I'll continue to play)

I honestly dont understand why Jackie had to die. There would be no difference if V and Jackie were both helping Takemura take down Yorinobu. What was the reason for removing Jackie from the game ??? The guy just wanted to hit the major leagues.

If Jackie don't die:
-the heist is "successfull".
-Dex don't kill V.
-The relic is not actived.
-Johnny serve Netwatch to find Alt.
-It's the end.
In fact, no story :)

Takemura likely suspected that something wasn't right about Yorinobu's story, so during the investigation found Dex, and in turn, V. The mention of "tell her what you told me" isn't a bug or anything, it just means that at some point off screen. V told Goro about what happened. This is a conversation we really don't need to see as the player, because we already know what happened at Konpeki. The conversation is for Goro's benefit, not ours, so we just weren't shown what we already know.

When he comes and to you from the garbage after Killin Dex, remember :
He calls someone on the phone to confirm you are alive and he found you.
It s probably Yorinobu on he phone. Takemura was supposed to find you dead and confirm. It he found you alive able to talk...
After you get in the car Arasaka ninja borgs come after you tou kill you BOTH!
Yorinobu knows that Takemura is a loyal and honorable man and never beleived his lie about Saburo's death in the penthouse. It appears for sure he s now a very embarrassing witness...
Right after Takemura saves your life he's concidered officially like a traitor and deserter to Arasaka! Yorinobu dropped him and put on him the responsability of his father's death. Takemura is BTW a fugitive and has his implants and cyberware off...
This is obviously politics!

Last edited:
Thank you. I wan't sure anymore and couldn't check at the moment ^^

I saw the scene again and you can see during the attack that the bullets impact on the car's glass, in fact, aimed to Takemura ! Pretty clear message !

Guest 4400165

Thank you. I wan't sure anymore and couldn't check at the moment ^^

I saw the scene again and you can see during the attack that the bullets impact on the car's glass, in fact, aimed to Takemura ! Pretty clear message !
If your V is Corpo, when the chase ends, you have a dialogue option that lets V say: "I recognize these guys, the Exterminators". One of the Exterminators also throws in a "traitor" while chasing you. Couldn't be V, because he was out six months ago, and if V has another background - then it's completely unrelated to them.

So, since Goro was genuinely open and naively honest after Yorinobu called in his father's murder, and questioned the situation, Yori knew he is a loose end. Then, after he found V and called it in, most likely, Yorinobu had the team of the Exterminators on stand-by, because they sure reached Goro and V pretty quick. Could even followed him all along and waited for Yorinobu's order, so he can get rid of both loose ends at once.

Goro isn't an idiot, but he isn't very bright, either. If you can follow his dialogue in Tom's Diner, you can see he is trying to bluff and bait V to share anything else they know, while not being completely honest with V. His facial expressions also give him away.

I have another question: did he actually look for Evelyn? Because he is a nobody in the city, he couldn't find her, ask anybody and assumed she fled (and tried to persuade V about this).

If your V is Corpo, when the chase ends, you have a dialogue option that lets V say: "I recognize these guys, the Exterminators". One of the Exterminators also throws in a "traitor" while chasing you. Couldn't be V, because he was out six months ago, and if V has another background - then it's completely unrelated to them.

So, since Goro was genuinely open and naively honest after Yorinobu called in his father's murder, and questioned the situation, Yori knew he is a loose end. Then, after he found V and called it in, most likely, Yorinobu had the team of the Exterminators on stand-by, because they sure reached Goro and V pretty quick. Could even followed him all along and waited for Yorinobu's order, so he can get rid of both loose ends at once.

Goro isn't an idiot, but he isn't very bright, either. If you can follow his dialogue in Tom's Diner, you can see he is trying to bluff and bait V to share anything else they know, while not being completely honest with V. His facial expressions also give him away.

I have another question: did he actually look for Evelyn? Because he is a nobody in the city, he couldn't find her, ask anybody and assumed she fled (and tried to persuade V about this).
In my opinion, i could say yes, Goro tried to search Evy. But i don't think anyone want to collaborate with him.
I clearly don't see Judy tell him where is Evy :)

Top Bottom