To anyone still in doubt: CDPR said they'll continue working on the game, so it can sell for years

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent initiative !
You have really little chance of being disappointed :)
Edit: (If you can and if you want, add Blood&Wine DLC. Also very good and beautiful)
I got the game of the year edition so the expansions are included and I start to understand why so many people like the game :)
Post automatically merged:

Doubled that.
But be warned: many of the players failed to get to the final titles because of length of the main story.
That's why we have a somewhat short one in CP2k77, btw.
I read that CDPR decided to make the CP story shorter because of the experience with the Witcher and now people complain that the main story in CP is too short :giveup:

Aye as I said, 51 years old and first one I can remember. Anyway, still on topic, how many software companies were forced to completely reschedule their working conditions during the middle of a major project due to said global pandemic? It couldn't be more on topic, whether you agree or not.
I'm working as a programmer and since March last year nothing is normal, working at home is mandatory, the testing devices are at the office so only a few people are allowed to go there and test. Shortly yes, Covid-19 is not just an excuse for everything but really caused and still causes a lot of problems.

I'm working as a programmer and since March last year nothing is normal, working at home is mandatory, the testing devices are at the office so only a few people are allowed to go there and test. Shortly yes, Covid-19 is not just an excuse for everything but really caused and still causes a lot of problems.
Same here. And no signs that this plague will go away soon.
But I believe that the CDPR will manage and will delight its fans (and non fans) for many years to come.

I got the game of the year edition so the expansions are included and I start to understand why so many people like the game :)
Post automatically merged:

I read that CDPR decided to make the CP story shorter because of the experience with the Witcher and now people complain that the main story in CP is too short :giveup:

maybe because there is a BIG difference between a main quest of 45-50h and another one of 15-20...c'mon :disapprove: plus, they've messed up all that can be messed up, beside the (beautiful) audio themes and the (beautiful) set of Night City all the rest lacks: balance, ia, cutscenes, side activities, driving physic, narrative coesion (in some missions you and jhonny are basically old friends, in other ones it seem that you just met and are worst enemies, this because the main/side mission sequence has not been studied) etc. All of that "enriched" by glitches and bugs...

Last edited:
"on our testing it runs just fine on consoles" - i doubt they either tested it at all or just lied completely - there is no way they could have overseen the status of the console versions completely after testing.... Covid-19 makes things harder for nearly every industry but it shouldnt be abused as excuse that obviously.... just my opinion tho.

maybe that's because there is a BIG difference between a main quest of 45-50h and one of 15-20...c'mon
Maybe like many games, if all the side quests (johnny/Judy/Panam/River/Kerry) will be add to main quests, the game will appear much longuer. But if you do only the main quest, yes it's short. But this not like that in CP, that all :)

well done, there's video essays popping up all over the place about how innovation has completely been stifled out of most cultural industries (and most industries as a whole);
what's happening with cyberpunk and cdpr since release, trying to go against that tendency and the backlash associated with it is just the last demonstration of that stifling (relating to the previous point)

Taking a risk isn't automatically something to be praised.

If you take a risk and fail, then your project is a failure. It's funny how gamers should be familiar with the risk vs reward concept, yet seem to forget that risky projects usually fail (if they usually succeeded, it wouldn't be a risk).

In many ways, the buggy launch was a bit of blessing for CDPR. It meant that a lot of the flaws of the game were never really brought to light or even commented on by reviewers. As they fix the bugs and get the game closer to what it should have been at launch, people will be able to form opinions on the gameplay and story as designed.

Back to the thread topic: I hope they do keep working on the game for a long time, but they don't deserve credit for putting out patches that are mainly bug fixes. If they want praise, they need to make the game better than what it should have been the first time. That means adding actual gameplay and story elements.

Seen this analogy a million times and no matter how many more times people keep repeating it it's not becoming any better or has any basis in reality.

But hey, if you like hyperbole, you do you.

But to piggyback off that same analogy, it's more like they advertised the next Ferrari 599xx EVO II and it turned out like a modern homage to the old F40, where the underlying tech is top of the line but the cockpit is barebones, strings to pull the door shut, fiberglass hard seats and barely any instruments to tell you what the car is doing, it's also unpredictable and tends to catch fire if it's not properly operated.
More like they promised us a Ferrari 599xx EVO II, and delivered a Ferrari 599xx EVO II, but you can only drive it while t-posing

More like they promised us a Ferrari 599xx EVO II, and delivered a Ferrari 599xx EVO II, but you can only drive it while t-posing
More like they promised us Ferrari 599xx EVO II, and delivered a Ferrari 599xx EVO II, but engine constantly stops working when you try to turn left and you have to restart it every time you try to use the on-board computer.

Aye as I said, 51 years old and first one I can remember. Anyway, still on topic, how many software companies were forced to completely reschedule their working conditions during the middle of a major project due to said global pandemic? It couldn't be more on topic, whether you agree or not.
The pandemic hit western Europe in March 2020. By then, CP2077 should have been finished and in an advanced play testing stage. Blaming the pandemic for a trainwreck that is going on at least from 2015 is pretending to ignore reality. Had the project not being restarted two times, with key people with experience leaving the studio, had the project a clear direction from the start, maybe it wouldn't feel like we're playing and advanced alpha. Putting the blame on something that happened only in the last six month of the project, as if it could have made a huge difference, is refusing to look at the problems that plagued CP2077 as a whole.

The pandemic hit western Europe in March 2020. By then, CP2077 should have been finished and in an advanced play testing stage. Blaming the pandemic for a trainwreck that is going on at least from 2015 is pretending to ignore reality. Had the project not being restarted two times, with key people with experience leaving the studio, had the project a clear direction from the start, maybe it wouldn't feel like we're playing and advanced alpha. Putting the blame on something that happened only in the last six month of the project, as if it could have made a huge difference, is refusing to look at the problems that plagued CP2077 as a whole.
6 months... No it's much more than 6 months...
If Pandemic is not a good excuse, neither is a good excuse... :(
(In France, It's been over a year since everything is in slow motion, so I do not see how to continue to develop a game "normally" during this period...)

6 months... No it's much more than 6 months...
If Pandemic is not a good excuse, neither is a good excuse... :(
(In France, It's been over a year since everything is in slow motion, so I do not see how to continue to develop a game "normally" during this period...)
it would have been a better excuse to delay it even further than to release a half baked game - just the wrong use of excuse tho.

Guest 4519094

If you take a risk and fail, then your project is a failure
more like if you take a risk everyone who's amply profiting from not taking any risks will have incentives to call you a failure before you disturb their oh so juicy status quo, as mentioned earlier you can find many video essays on your favorite cultural domains and the innovation problems plaguing them.

it would have been a better excuse to delay it even further than to release a half baked game - just the wrong use of excuse tho.
They released the game "maybe" because they thought it would be even worse to delay it again.
Or for other reason, but they must have a "good" reason to do it this way. it would have to be an idiot to tell yourself that the game is perfect, release it like that, telling yourself that everything will be fine. But i'm sur they are not :)

I'm not using anything as an excuse or apportioning blame to anything as I'm not looking for any excuses or blaming anyone, nor feel the need for any. I pointed out that there is no historical precedent regarding software companies dealing with project launches during a global pandemic which hits and affects working practices at the worst time possible. No more, no less, so you may stop foaming now.

They released the game "maybe" because they thought it would be even worse to delay it again.
Or for other reason, but they must have a "good" reason to do it this way. it would have to be an idiot to tell yourself that the game is perfect, release it like that, telling yourself that everything will be fine. But i'm sur they are not :)
In a few years I will be happy to read a postmortem like interview with CDPR management and members of development team about behind the scenes situation with CP2k77 development and launch issues.
Such an interview could dispel most speculations on this matter.

Last edited:
Maybe like many games, if all the side quests (johnny/Judy/Panam/River/Kerry) will be add to main quests, the game will appear much longuer. But if you do only the main quest, yes it's short. But this not like that in CP, that all :)

that ones are not main quests, but "companion mission". They give some extra choice at the end, nothing special, and in any case the added just few hours of extra gameplay.
Truth is that the game was poorly and hastily developed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom