[SPOILERS] Pyramid Song/Male V

+
This is basically all spoilers about Pyramid Song.

In the 'morning after' sequence in Pyramid Song, Judy grants you access to her apartment, and she does it whether you're playing as male or female; the dialogue around this implies that she wants you to at least hang out with her, possibly share the apartment with her, and I think the dialogue is identical whether you're playing as male or female.

JUDY: All set, congrats, just gave you unlimited access to my pad.
V: Woah! Asking me to move in?
JUDY: If it's what you want. Or just drop by when the urge grabs you.

But then, if you're playing as male, she immediately decides to leave Night City – so you can still visit her apartment (and take her gun, and other stuff), but she won't be there.

And the question I'm asking is, is there any way, playing as male V, that you can persuade Judy to stay in the city? I'm guessing that there isn't, but, if there isn't, that line is weird and makes no sense. She could have said something like "I've left a lot of stuff there you might find useful", or "I'd like someone to keep an eye on it in case I come back". "Just drop by when the urge grabs you" sounds to me very like "let's be fuck-buddies", which may be something which Judy would say to a woman she was in love with if she wasn't certain whether that woman really felt the same way, but it doesn't feel like something she would naturally say to a man.

This is basically all spoilers about Pyramid Song.

In the 'morning after' sequence in Pyramid Song, Judy grants you access to her apartment, and she does it whether you're playing as male or female; the dialogue around this implies that she wants you to at least hang out with her, possibly share the apartment with her, and I think the dialogue is identical whether you're playing as male or female.

JUDY: All set, congrats, just gave you unlimited access to my pad.
V: Woah! Asking me to move in?
JUDY: If it's what you want. Or just drop by when the urge grabs you.

But then, if you're playing as male, she immediately decides to leave Night City – so you can still visit her apartment (and take her gun, and other stuff), but she won't be there.

And the question I'm asking is, is there any way, playing as male V, that you can persuade Judy to stay in the city? I'm guessing that there isn't, but, if there isn't, that line is weird and makes no sense. She could have said something like "I've left a lot of stuff there you might find useful", or "I'd like someone to keep an eye on it in case I come back". "Just drop by when the urge grabs you" sounds to me very like "let's be fuck-buddies", which may be something which Judy would say to a woman she was in love with if she wasn't certain whether that woman really felt the same way, but it doesn't feel like something she would naturally say to a man.

I think the point was, I'm leaving town, you can use my place. Its been awhile, but I think she tells you she is leaving town first, so it puts the next things she says in that context.

I also think that theses parts where not really finished/Polish ;) by CDPR.

If I had to leave a city, I won't continue to rent an apartment just for a friend to come from time to time...

I think the Judy story past Pyramid song is not finished, so they made things sticking together as they can...

I also think that theses parts where not really finished/Polish ;) by CDPR.
If I had to leave a city, I won't continue to rent an apartment just for a friend to come from time to time...
I think the Judy story past Pyramid song is not finished, so they made things sticking together as they can...
If i remember correctly, she not rent this apartment. it was his grandparents. But it's a detail and it had to have a place with Judy (for Female V) :)

Long story short; no.

The line could be interpreted as pretty ambiguous, but to me is explainable at least.

Judy cannot be persuaded to stay in Night city by Vincent because so far as I'm aware, Judy had long-standing plans to leave the city preceding her crossing paths with V. Prior to her death, these plans to leave the city were contingent on Evelyn (which aligns with her romantic preference). Given that Vincent would not align with her romantic preferences and that she would like to have a romantic element in her future plans, it would be perfectly understandable that Judy decides to leave on her own (where she may eventually cross paths with a Valerie further down the road). Having completed the one thing that she had on her to-do list for Night City (the Pyramid Song BD), without a partner to wait for, there is/ was nothing left for her in Night City.

If it's what you want. Or just drop by when the urge grabs you. - this is open to interpretation. Strange that CDPR didn't differentiate between genders for Judy's response here, but in any case it was most likely intended to mean stop by as a friend whenever you feel like it (even for Valerie). Given the events that take place for either gender following Pyramid Song, this seems to me the most logical interpretation.

Alternatively, the decision with that line being so ambiguous could have been taken so's not draw ire from anybody playing as a male V (given that by 7-8%, the majority of gamers are male) :shrug:

Long story short; no.

The line could be interpreted as pretty ambiguous, but to me is explainable at least.

Judy cannot be persuaded to stay in Night city by Vincent because so far as I'm aware, Judy had long-standing plans to leave the city preceding her crossing paths with V. Prior to her death, these plans to leave the city were contingent on Evelyn (which aligns with her romantic preference). Given that Vincent would not align with her romantic preferences and that she would like to have a romantic element in her future plans, it would be perfectly understandable that Judy decides to leave on her own (where she may eventually cross paths with a Valerie further down the road). Having completed the one thing that she had on her to-do list for Night City (the Pyramid Song BD), without a partner to wait for, there is/ was nothing left for her in Night City.

If it's what you want. Or just drop by when the urge grabs you. - this is open to interpretation. Strange that CDPR didn't differentiate between genders for Judy's response here, but in any case it was most likely intended to mean stop by as a friend whenever you feel like it (even for Valerie). Given the events that take place for either gender following Pyramid Song, this seems to me the most logical interpretation.

Alternatively, the decision with that line being so ambiguous could have been taken so's not draw ire from anybody playing as a male V (given that by 7-8%, the majority of gamers are male) :shrug:

I got the vibe her and Evelyn talked about it, but it wasn't an actual plan between the two of them. It also didnt seem like Judy knew Evelyn's plans, didnt seem like she wanted Evelyn to attempt what she was attempting.

But yes, she had a strong desire to leave by the time pyramid song happens. She only agrees to delay with Female V, she won't stay in the long run if you do pyramid song, no matter what

Does Judy not show up in her apartment in your playthrough? In my Male V playthrough she still shows up in her apartment after Pyramid Song, despite the texts indicating otherwise.

In regards to the dialogue, I did think it was a little strange that there wasn't an attempt to change Judy's lines slightly for non romance/ romance. It's dosen't detract from anything for me at least though.

For me "drop by when the urge grabs you" is like drop by when you need/like it, never thought about it as an invitation for having sex :) Also, she owns the apartment.
Shame V or Judy couldn't have just moved in. One time flings are for joytoys not with someone
that's suppose to be a girlfriend / boyfriend. Based on just sex doesn't really work for me.

She never ever leaves the apartment though. Even though I receive messages from her from Oregon. She's always standing by the window when I drop by.

Does Judy not show up in her apartment in your playthrough? In my Male V playthrough she still shows up in her apartment after Pyramid Song, despite the texts indicating otherwise.

In regards to the dialogue, I did think it was a little strange that there wasn't an attempt to change Judy's lines slightly for non romance/ romance. It's dosen't detract from anything for me at least though.

Ah! To be honest, I went to her apartment just once, immediately after Pyramid Song, and she wasn't there; so I haven't gone back. She's sending me pictures of her travels in Oregon... if she is in the apartment, that's a bit of a fail on the consistency/continuity front!

Ah! To be honest, I went to her apartment just once, immediately after Pyramid Song, and she wasn't there; so I haven't gone back. She's sending me pictures of her travels in Oregon... if she is in the apartment, that's a bit of a fail on the consistency/continuity front!
I think, you have to wait a few hours/days for her to be there.
If i remember, she said : "she's comeback sometimes". Well she's always here when you go to the apartment... happy coincidence :)

For me, if it's a fail, it's a "really" good one.
Just to see her, to contemplate her magnificent eyes gives me back the rage to win :D

I came back and she was there. Smoking near the windows.
(female player playing male V am i some sort of alien there ? )

I do recall Judy gives you the apartment. I stinks you can't use the bed
Nope she grant you the full access (it's not V's apartment at all).
You can sleep only if you romance her and if she stay in Night City (now in 1.5).

Top Bottom