Bugged gig "The beast in me"

+
I am not getting call for a last race from Clare. I have sent all messages, I have done 10+ gigs in meantime, I have skipped 20+ in game days still noting. Car the beast is bugged on same spot after 3rd race. Is there a way to fix this?

I've never seen this bug before. Perhaps it would be a good idea to contact tech support for this, or try loading a previous save (yeah i know it sucks considering all the gigs you did). If you're on PC, have you validated the integrity of the game files? If you're using mods, is it possible one of them is conflicting?

Before anything else,
Did you say that you would help her (at least to win) in dialog ans messages ?
When you go to the AfterLife, you can talk about the race with her ?

I've never seen this bug before. Perhaps it would be a good idea to contact tech support for this, or try loading a previous save (yeah i know it sucks considering all the gigs you did). If you're on PC, have you validated the integrity of the game files? If you're using mods, is it possible one of them is conflicting?
Yeah I have validated the integrity of game files, and I am not using any mods. I havent had many bugs before last patch but now is unberebale
Post automatically merged:

Before anything else,
Did you say that you would help her (at least to win) in dialog ans messages ?
When you go to the AfterLife, you can talk about the race with her ?
Yeah I did said I would help her, and she is not in the in the Afterlife at all after first race :\

make sure you are not waiting for a call during the night because she works at the afterlife
I tried during the day and night

Yeah I did said I would help her, and she is not in the in the Afterlife at all after first race :\
Ok, so if she's definitely not at AfterLife behind the bar, there's a big problem :(
Normally, she is always there (whatever you say/decide for the races, day or night despite what she says). She's the bartender, so it's not normal at all.

Ok, so if she's definitely not at AfterLife behind the bar, there's a big problem :(
Normally, she is always there (whatever you say/decide for the races, day or night despite what she says). She's the bartender, so it's not normal at all.
The thing that sucks even more is that I have done all gigs (like 10 hrs worth of playtime) and I kinda dont want to throw that away. I would love to get two extra cars to my collection but hey. I will leave it as is and come back after dlc drops if I see my V living

The thing that sucks even more is that I have done all gigs (like 10 hrs worth of playtime) and I kinda dont want to throw that away. I would love to get two extra cars to my collection but hey. I will leave it as is and come back after dlc drops if I see my V living
Also I tred destroying Clare's bugged car but no effect. I even tried to push it with my other car off the cliff but again no effect. The car just sits at the same spot after 3rd race

Also I tred destroying Clare's bugged car but no effect. I even tried to push it with my other car off the cliff but again no effect. The car just sits at the same spot after 3rd race
Ok, take a screenshot (with claire's car) and send a bug report ;)
I suggest you do a backup of your save files, because they might ask you to send those to them.

It is possible to overtake Sampson while racing in this mission. At least it was in previous patches, don't know if it was fixed or not. All you gotta do is be sure you're doing it at the roundabout and manage to keep your possition (I remember, that sometimes this can't be reproduced, because Sampson's Cthulu takes the lead anyway, hitting you). The outcome is, if you're a really good driver and trying to accomplish this mission for the first time (and have a bit luck of course), that you don't know the mission's goal.

I am not getting call for a last race from Clare. I have sent all messages, I have done 10+ gigs in meantime, I have skipped 20+ in game days still noting. Car the beast is bugged on same spot after 3rd race. Is there a way to fix this?
i don't know but it could be that you have to progress a little through the main quest, I had the same issue with the boxing quest...

i don't know but it could be that you have to progress a little through the main quest, I had the same issue with the boxing quest...
Yeah, just did the first part of the gig myself, had to wait more than 2 in-game days to hear from Claire.
The first time around I just waiting in place for 24 hours, nothing. The second time i finished my mission with Takemura (to meet Oda, Down on the Street?) and after waiting for another 24 hours after that, I heard back from her.

Maybe try doing some gigs and side jobs, see if that triggers it.

I played these this week.
Something that can get a quest perma-stuck is if she's waiting for your SMS. In one case, it was something as trivial as a word or two with a text-smiley. Same happens with Regina's quests. That part of quest design can be improved. At best, it's an inconvenience. Mere alphabetical sorting of contacts would help, and so would a filter that allows displaying only unanswered messages.

Top Bottom