Cyberpunk is a gorgeous game.

+
Cyberpunk is a gorgeous game. Full of beautiful little things in the city. But the implementation let us down!) The plot, its development, how the character gets to know the world. Plus there is a feature open in GTA. It had to be brought in. Namely - an open world with freedom of action. Namely, buying real estate, different, tuning all this and cars. This would allow you to immerse yourself in the world more, to leave the plot for many hours. After all, one purchase of a house, club, yacht, etc., making money for it. Then tuning, and this will take the player for many hours. And now there is also a plot and character leveling, and in general it would be super!). The game turned out to be very narrow. The character and his plot. Everything. But what about joining grappings and the opportunity to receive unique bonuses from this. And also the ability to give and leave to another gang. Separate missions dedicated to the entry of the character into the group. And also the opportunity from everyone to go to freelancers)))))))))))))

I actually like the future of Cyberpunk and the game feels gritty and wild I just wish we had a longer starting story that helps explain why we are where we are and why were doing the things we do, it sort of kills the immersion of pulling you in.

Yes, of course Cyberpunk is its own game, and GTA is its own. Any project always has experience from already created projects. Who made the graphics and are emphasized in other games. Who made a good decision in terms of implementing a crowd of characters in a single moment and is also emphasized by other game creators. There is an exchange of experience, development. You play games, you know them, how the implementation of drugs from other games is going on. This is bad zero. Otherwise, a cool racing car would have been made without the experience of others in this industry. So it is here. Cyber is Cyber, and GTA is GTA. True Both GTA and Cyber took experience and solutions, including from other games, and adjusted them for themselves. The freedom of action in the game has long been common and has ceased to belong, including GTA. We are creating the world, it must be realistic, only then the game will be cool. Make it even better or add something to improve the game. Tuning is just a plus. This is only GTA. Now imagine how the hero gets to the City. And he is poor, no money, no weapons, no opportunities, no cars. Lives on the outskirts. To get somewhere or find money for a taxi or metro. First he meets the local gangs of the same street. Missions at first without technical ability. Attack, hack, hijack. Then Minor Bosses. Then the car. Steeper, more weapons, cars, small business. And the possibilities of the world - upgrade, classes, gangs. Where you must first gain recognition. Unique bonuses for gangs. Militech is a weapon and a military clique. Corporates are money and a subtle game. Netraners offer hacks. Etc.

No :(
Cyberpunk, it's a "story" game in a open world.
When GTA is more like a "Sand Box" in a open world.
I'm not sure that one day you can have fun doing anything and everything like in GTA :)

Yes, of course Cyberpunk is its own game, and GTA is its own. Any project always has experience from already created projects. Who made the graphics and are emphasized in other games. Who made a good decision in terms of implementing a crowd of characters in a single moment and is also emphasized by other game creators. There is an exchange of experience, development. You play games, you know them, how the implementation of drugs from other games is going on. This is bad zero. Otherwise, a cool racing car would have been made without the experience of others in this industry. So it is here. Cyber is Cyber, and GTA is GTA. True Both GTA and Cyber took experience and solutions, including from other games, and adjusted them for themselves. The freedom of action in the game has long been common and has ceased to belong, including GTA. We are creating the world, it must be realistic, only then the game will be cool. Make it even better or add something to improve the game. Tuning is just a plus. This is only GTA. Now imagine how the hero gets to the City. And he is poor, no money, no weapons, no opportunities, no cars. Lives on the outskirts. To get somewhere or find money for a taxi or metro. First he meets the local gangs of the same street. Missions at first without technical ability. Attack, hack, hijack. Then Minor Bosses. Then the car. Steeper, more weapons, cars, small business. And the possibilities of the world - upgrade, classes, gangs. Where you must first gain recognition. Unique bonuses for gangs. Militech is a weapon and a military clique. Corporates are money and a subtle game. Netraners offer hacks. Etc.
But this is your story. This is not the story the developers wanted to tell and I can see why: they have created a narrative game whose central plot device is that you are on a time limit to overthrow the system.

Narratively, that does not fit with the idea that the player can shack up on a sofa and water plants in the garden for 100 years.

Much of what you are talking about it is possible to do in the game. But if you gate the story behind *forcing* the player to do these things in a specific order (which it already does to a certain extent in Act 1), the game will run long and the lack of narrative tension to the central story would become ridiculous. "Oh, we've got a really short schedule before you're totally screwed as a character but let's do 100 compulsory side activities first, and, you know, trust us, we'll start the plot in the end".

They knew what they were doing in how they set their story (and it is their story) up. I'd also say that, arguably, they did a much better job of the introduction than they did with Witcher 3, which drops you in the middle of by far the least interesting and least attractive region in the game and tries to bore you to death.

Last edited:
Yes and no. ))) There are more and more pluses. If done more openly. Beautiful city. But what about the missions in the story. Somewhere he met the same Malstrom or Militech or corporations, and where he left them according to the plot. Few!) And the city. Beautiful. But there is less sense, because there is less interaction. And with the open option it would be cooler. There are more possibilities. And so I came to the suburbs and that's it. Only shops and missions, little interaction. It is better. Without changes. Improvements, changes, additions. The plot is the foundation. And with such open opportunities it was better

Yes and no. ))) There are more and more pluses. If done more openly. Beautiful city. But what about the missions in the story. Somewhere he met the same Malstrom or Militech or corporations, and where he left them according to the plot. Few!) And the city. Beautiful. But there is less sense, because there is less interaction. And with the open option it would be cooler. There are more possibilities. And so I came to the suburbs and that's it. Only shops and missions, little interaction. It is better. Without changes. Improvements, changes, additions. The plot is the foundation. And with such open opportunities it was better
I get what you're saying but I would say this: CDPR write better than any other studio I've played games from. Narrative is their thing. They are superb at it. Their dialogue sounds like the stuff real people say. Their characters sing with distinct and compelling personalities. Their stories unfold, unlike, say, Bethesda with their horrendous exposition dumps or random logic failures necessary to get the plot where Bethesda need it to go, organically. You learn the story as you play rather than get it hammered into your skull. You see it on the screen. You fill in the gaps with tiny bits of seemingly irrelevant information you pick up in the game world that fall into place later.

That way of storytelling is a skill, and a skill that is rare not just in games but even in film and TV production.

It strikes me as slightly crazy to ask developers who shine at that one, rare thing to dump it to make a purely open world. Other studios are great at that and crap at the story. Horses for courses.

SDproject. My opinion is top. The Witcher is a masterpiece. Best Game of All Time. Cyberpunk is just as superb!) Just like a person who plays different games, and also with films, music. When vast without a horizon. In some places you notice and wish for the best. Having finalized which work will become better. The developers are great. Bugs that are still there, I generally have no interest in them. But the nuances of the plot presentation could have been better. And that's just a fact. Without pride and arrogance. The plot very quickly at the beginning of the game made a leap from the opening of the world of the city to the already held criminals in the game. Some moments passed quickly. Here you are in the city. But you already have a small reputation. and you are a little busy. And then another jump and you are already in serious situations of the hero. Plus the ability to be almost everyone at once without any problems. Good here and there. It seemed to me that the original. Where did you join there and develop. With or without development in other industries. And here it turns out good in everything. Plus, there are no situations when. The mission can only be completed by developing a specific side, it is cool to go through with a big bonus. And here it turns out - you can also force the word and open the door. And go there and here. Witcher respect, the developers are the best. ))))))))))))))))

Cyberpunk is a gorgeous game. Full of beautiful little things in the city. But the implementation let us down!)
Think the best description is that it is a rough diamond, some of the stuff in the game is absolutely amazing, while other things are almost embarrassingly bad.

I do however still think that CDPR can turn this game into an absolutely masterpiece given enough time, there are so much potential hidden under the surface. But it will require a lot of remaking of systems in the game and new features to be added, but if they manage to do this and create a solid foundation to built upon. This IP could last for a very long time.

What's going on here... :confused:

Cyberpunk is a gorgeous game. Full of beautiful little things in the city. But the implementation let us down!) The plot, its development, how the character gets to know the world. Plus there is a feature open in GTA. It had to be brought in. Namely - an open world with freedom of action. Namely, buying real estate, different, tuning all this and cars. This would allow you to immerse yourself in the world more, to leave the plot for many hours. After all, one purchase of a house, club, yacht, etc., making money for it. Then tuning, and this will take the player for many hours. And now there is also a plot and character leveling, and in general it would be super!). The game turned out to be very narrow. The character and his plot. Everything. But what about joining grappings and the opportunity to receive unique bonuses from this. And also the ability to give and leave to another gang. Separate missions dedicated to the entry of the character into the group. And also the opportunity from everyone to go to freelancers)))))))))))))

I actually like the future of Cyberpunk and the game feels gritty and wild I just wish we had a longer starting story that helps explain why we are where we are and why were doing the things we do, it sort of kills the immersion of pulling you in.

I agree this game is absolutely stunning, Night City is the star

absolutely gorgeous game
so many little details

I get what you're saying but I would say this: CDPR write better than any other studio I've played games from. Narrative is their thing. They are superb at it. Their dialogue sounds like the stuff real people say. Their characters sing with distinct and compelling personalities. Their stories unfold, unlike, say, Bethesda with their horrendous exposition dumps or random logic failures necessary to get the plot where Bethesda need it to go, organically. You learn the story as you play rather than get it hammered into your skull. You see it on the screen. You fill in the gaps with tiny bits of seemingly irrelevant information you pick up in the game world that fall into place later.

That way of storytelling is a skill, and a skill that is rare not just in games but even in film and TV production.

It strikes me as slightly crazy to ask developers who shine at that one, rare thing to dump it to make a purely open world. Other studios are great at that and crap at the story. Horses for courses.

SDproject. My opinion is top. The Witcher is a masterpiece. Best Game of All Time. Cyberpunk is just as superb!) Just like a person who plays different games, and also with films, music. When vast without a horizon. In some places you notice and wish for the best. Having finalized which work will become better. The developers are great. Bugs that are still there, I generally have no interest in them. But the nuances of the plot presentation could have been better. And that's just a fact. Without pride and arrogance. The plot very quickly at the beginning of the game made a leap from the opening of the world of the city to the already held criminals in the game. Some moments passed quickly. Here you are in the city. But you already have a small reputation. and you are a little busy. And then another jump and you are already in serious situations of the hero. Plus the ability to be almost everyone at once without any problems. Good here and there. It seemed to me that the original. Where did you join there and develop. With or without development in other industries. And here it turns out good in everything. Plus, there are no situations when. The mission can only be completed by developing a specific side, it is cool to go through with a big bonus. And here it turns out - you can also force the word and open the door. And go there and here. Witcher respect, the developers are the best. ))))))))))))))))

Think the best description is that it is a rough diamond, some of the stuff in the game is absolutely amazing, while other things are almost embarrassingly bad.

I do however still think that CDPR can turn this game into an absolutely masterpiece given enough time, there are so much potential hidden under the surface. But it will require a lot of remaking of systems in the game and new features to be added, but if they manage to do this and create a solid foundation to built upon. This IP could last for a very long time.

What is this place?

r/LowSodiumCyberpunk???

P.S. Don't kill me, i'm just joking.

Good point to remember, Cyberpunk is not GTA and will never be it ;)
If you expect that one day you can play Cyberpunk like GTA, I'm afraid you will be disappointed :(

This person isn't suggesting they can play Cyberpunk like GTA, they're just suggesting some features they'd like to see. Namely buying apartments and car customization. You know, normal things anybody might have assumed would have been in the game in the first place. If I can buy a car, I'd at least like to pick the color I'm getting.

How much you want to bet this is another scrapped feature?

This person isn't suggesting they can play Cyberpunk like GTA, they're just suggesting some features they'd like to see. Namely buying apartments and car customization. You know, normal things anybody might have assumed would have been in the game in the first place. If I can buy a car, I'd at least like to pick the color I'm getting.

How much you want to bet this is another scrapped feature?

Somewhat. I think it's clear that CDPR made the choice to put V's narrative front and center. Arguably, based on player response, this was not the best choice.

Now, I loved the story and the game. Characters were awesome. There were very gripping moments. The world was engrossing. Areas of the city were very signature and distinct. Missions were memorable and varied. The attention to detail was insane. (Combat was pretty lackluster. AI was janky. And I needed to reload / retry certain bits when something about the mission obviously got borked, and I could tell it wasn't working as intended. Yes, the bugs popped up here and there and were annoying, but it didn't ruin the experience for me. The game that they made was there in spades.)

The trouble, I'd say, is that it was not the deep dive into the totally open, living, breathing world of Cyberpunk 2020 that long-time fans were hoping for. Nor that gamers that loved open world stuff were hoping for. Nor the sweeping, expansive epic that TW3 fans were hoping for. I think that many people were simply looking for it to be a bigger, sexier, more violent game than The Witcher series...and it was something very different altogether, in the end. It was a single character's more intimate, personal, philosophical journey into the dark future, told in amazing detail. And I think it's disappointing that the game is being recognized for its technical issues (which is fair) and/or because it's not "GTA Night City: Red Dead Dystopia"...instead of being recognized for the very engaging experience it does provide.

Somewhat. I think it's clear that CDPR made the choice to put V's narrative front and center. Arguably, based on player response, this was not the best choice.

Now, I loved the story and the game. Characters were awesome. There were very gripping moments. The world was engrossing. Areas of the city were very signature and distinct. Missions were memorable and varied. The attention to detail was insane. (Combat was pretty lackluster. AI was janky. And I needed to reload / retry certain bits when something about the mission obviously got borked, and I could tell it wasn't working as intended. Yes, the bugs popped up here and there and were annoying, but it didn't ruin the experience for me. The game that they made was there in spades.)

The trouble, I'd say, is that it was not the deep dive into the living, breathing world of Cyberpunk 2020 that fans were hoping for. Nor that gamers that loved open world stuff were hoping for. Nor the sweeping, expansive epic that TW3 fans were hoping for. I think that many people were simply looking for it to be bigger, sexier, more violent game than The Witcher series...and it was something very different altogether, in the end. It was a single character's more intimate, personal, philosophical journey into the dark future, told in amazing detail. And I think it's disappointing that the game is being recognized for its technical issues (which is fair) and/or because it's not "GTA Night City: Red Dead Dystopia"...instead of being recognized for the pretty engrossing experience it does provide.
I agree with that. I think part of the problem is that people were expecting the feeling of Witcher 3 -- that you travel hundreds of miles to different locations -- in a single city. The setting of the game dictates the feel of the storytelling, so it was never going to be that because, for instance, making one neighbourhood Vienna and the next Hong Kong would simply not feel realistic.

Top Bottom