List of Game Breaking Issues Found in the Final Mission "We Gotta Live Together"

+
I was inspired to make this post when I personally ran into a handful of problems in the final-ish mission of We Gotta Live Together that completely halted my game, like not really allowing me to progress. I went online to find some solutions, but what I mostly found was a number of posts regarding this topic with unfortunately no answers given to them. What I think would be most useful is if someone attempted to highlight these issues altogether, especially because of just how game breaking these problems are. There are no mods in my game, but I can't account for any of the other posts. The similarity of issues makes mods seem irrelevant however.

To start, from what I've gathered the majority of these issues occur after having received your Aldecaldos jacket from Saul, and Panam lets you know where she's going to be.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-- The bottle challenge Cassidy gives you for his revolver is bugged in that the camp's safe zone doesn't let you draw your gun to actually shoot the bottles. Obviously this means it is impossible to receive his iconic revolver. This issue is in my game and specifically bothers me because I have a revolver build and have been dying to find iconic blueprints. I do no want to continue without it since there is no other way of getting it without cheating, which I also do not want to do. At least one time I actually had it completely soft-lock for me where after 15 seconds of my struggling to get my gun out to shoot with it auto-holstering every time, Cassidy had no response for me and I was completely stuck in place and unable to do anything but pop a MaxDoc.

-- The joyride of the Basilisk is bugged in that there is no indication of how to return or leave the basilisk. I've seen several posts now saying that the answer is to basically push the basilisk into the garage over and over until finally Mitch takes over and lets you out. I believe there is some sort of objective that actually incorrectly gets removed that is meant to guide the player to do something in particular. When I got into the basilisk, I initially had some waypoint out in the desert a bit, but halfway there it just vanished, and it gave me no indication of what to do except "Talk to Nomads" or etc., but no objective for Mitch. I assume people are able to force their way through the barrier preventing vehicles, until it skips the mission by hitting the trigger for the end of his side mission. I can't get this to happen, and instead attempted to leave the area, which gave me some message about being out of bounds, and then promptly put me in what I'm pretty sure was an infinite, non-progressing loading screen (around 15 minutes) I didn't stick around to find out.

===== The above issues I've personally experienced, but in searching for answers I saw many people having potentially related or just similar in general issues with other parts of the mission. =======

-- The beer with Nomads could be bugged as I've seen many posts saying that they are unable to speak or do anything after accepting the offer to sit down. I think this gives to the idea that there must be some triggers overlapping or something along those lines. Truly I don't know much about this kind of stuff, so I couldn't say for sure.

-- The icebox scene to speak with Alt is potentially bugged with the same freezing problem. I've seen some posts claiming they are unable to talk or move after approaching the two ladies in the tent.

-- I'm the least sure about this one, but I've seen more than a few posts with people not knowing where Panam is. For me she's pretty easy to see and find from really anywhere in the camp, but I only mention it because of the amount of people mentioning they had this issue.

I suggest that you take the time to report this to the technical support. I imagine with the kind of description you did of the issues, it would be very helpful.

I re-re-did this ending few days ago in 1.21 :)
-- The bottle challenge Cassidy gives you for his revolver is bugged in that the camp's safe zone doesn't let you draw your gun to actually shoot the bottles. Obviously this means it is impossible to receive his iconic revolver. This issue is in my game and specifically bothers me because I have a revolver build and have been dying to find iconic blueprints. I do no want to continue without it since there is no other way of getting it without cheating, which I also do not want to do. At least one time I actually had it completely soft-lock for me where after 15 seconds of my struggling to get my gun out to shoot with it auto-holstering every time, Cassidy had no response for me and I was completely stuck in place and unable to do anything but pop a MaxDoc.
Not a bug, it's a safe area and you are no be able to draw your weapon.
But it's the same type as "Stadium Love", don't need to draw your weapon. If you just walk towards "the line", the game gives you and draws a weapon automatically (Unity).
No need to do anything, just go to "the line".
It could be too easy with your own gun (like a legendary full modded Lexington) :)
-- The joyride of the Basilisk is bugged in that there is no indication of how to return or leave the basilisk. I've seen several posts now saying that the answer is to basically push the basilisk into the garage over and over until finally Mitch takes over and lets you out. I believe there is some sort of objective that actually incorrectly gets removed that is meant to guide the player to do something in particular. When I got into the basilisk, I initially had some waypoint out in the desert a bit, but halfway there it just vanished, and it gave me no indication of what to do except "Talk to Nomads" or etc., but no objective for Mitch. I assume people are able to force their way through the barrier preventing vehicles, until it skips the mission by hitting the trigger for the end of his side mission. I can't get this to happen, and instead attempted to leave the area, which gave me some message about being out of bounds, and then promptly put me in what I'm pretty sure was an infinite, non-progressing loading screen (around 15 minutes) I didn't stick around to find out.
Here it's a bug (same for me at the first try), no quest marker after leaving the camp in basilisk with Mitch. But simply reload a save just before (i save often), fix the problem for me (but i already knew what i should do so i guess a bug directly) :)

For all the others problems, i never had those :(

But anyway, you can report them (or at least the one with Basilisk and Mitch) ;)

Last edited:
I’ve literally reinstalled my game. I don’t mean to be condescending, but I’ve gotten this far in the, I am capable of reading the objective which tells me to approach the line. What is happening is that I approach the line, the countdown for the challenge starts, and then I am not able to move, shoot, or do anything while the countdown finishes. Then Cassidy tells me that I failed. I’ve verified my files, I’ve done everything under the sun. It. Is. Broken.
Post automatically merged:

I was inspired to make this post when I personally ran into a handful of problems in the final-ish mission of We Gotta Live Together that completely halted my game, like not really allowing me to progress. I went online to find some solutions, but what I mostly found was a number of posts regarding this topic with unfortunately no answers given to them. What I think would be most useful is if someone attempted to highlight these issues altogether, especially because of just how game breaking these problems are. There are no mods in my game, but I can't account for any of the other posts. The similarity of issues makes mods seem irrelevant however.

To start, from what I've gathered the majority of these issues occur after having received your Aldecaldos jacket from Saul, and Panam lets you know where she's going to be.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

===== The above issues I've personally experienced, but in searching for answers I saw many people having potentially related or just similar in general issues with other parts of the mission. =======

-- The beer with Nomads could be bugged as I've seen many posts saying that they are unable to speak or do anything after accepting the offer to sit down. I think this gives to the idea that there must be some triggers overlapping or something along those lines. Truly I don't know much about this kind of stuff, so I couldn't say for sure.

-- The icebox scene to speak with Alt is potentially bugged with the same freezing problem. I've seen some posts claiming they are unable to talk or move after approaching the two ladies in the tent.

-- I'm the least sure about this one, but I've seen more than a few posts with people not knowing where Panam is. For me she's pretty easy to see and find from really anywhere in the camp, but I only mention it because of the amount of people mentioning they had this issue.
I want to be more specific about the Cassidy issue.

I approach Cassidy, he tells me to approach the line, I do, the objective turns green, tells me I did it, there’s a visual thing which “loads” what I guess is 15 seconds, and I’m unable to move to use items during this entire process until Cassidy tells me I’ve failed.

I’ve literally reinstalled my game. I don’t mean to be condescending, but I’ve gotten this far in the, I am capable of reading the objective which tells me to approach the line. What is happening is that I approach the line, the countdown for the challenge starts, and then I am not able to move, shoot, or do anything while the countdown finishes. Then Cassidy tells me that I failed. I’ve verified my files, I’ve done everything under the sun. It. Is. Broken.
Not my intention (English isn't my native language, so sorry if it could have appeared as such) :(
I just want to said (and add info about your bugs) : like in "Stadium Love" quest, if you attempt to draw your weapon with your key (button), it block the "automatic" draw (and it's here since day one).

Last edited:
Top Bottom