The Game of Missed Opportunities...

+

There are many disappointing, small things, that this game is missing, or did in a way that was unsatisfactory that could have been done better. It's so painful sometimes to play the game, when your mind is always saying "Why didn't they do this, or Why did they do this like that?" it takes away from the overall enjoyment and immersion.

1. V's Closet
-Now I understand that there is a weapons cache in the back room of your apartment that you can put anything into, but this small attention to detail would have been great. A spot to place your clothes and your clothes alone, and maybe even visual feedback like a big changing mirror or 3rd person just to see the outfits (see gta5). As of right now its a useless space that fills up with random clothing and there is no purpose to it. Its a shallow space that has no purpose.

2. Vending Machines/Joytoys
-In V's apartment there is a vending machine, and on that vending machine there are actually different categories on the textures for food, or drink, or even joytoys. YES Joytoys, so why was there no ability to order joytoys as room service?
-Why are there only 4 joytoys in the entire game, when there are plenty on the streets that you cannot interact with? I doubt it would be hard to add the code to them since they pretty much all use the same models, and teleport to a specific scripted spot.

3. ARCADE MACHINES/Mini-games
-This may be one of the biggest disappointments with this game, the fact that there are arcade machines everywhere but you cannot play a game on a single one of them. Grand theft auto san andreas did this in 2004 on archaic hardware. Yakuza games still do this for every installment. It's not something impossible to do. Even a simple shitty html5 or flash game would have sufficed and brought so much more immersion to the game. maybe we want to play Roach Race or the Spaceship game or the Tetris. I'm pretty sure with the working TV screens this is not a hard concept to do.

-Not only this but there are a severe lack of mini games in general, all of the racing you do for Claire, the shooting range for Wilson, the boxing for Coach, is NON-REPEATABLE, once you finish these things, you can never do them again in that playthrough.

It makes the game boring and fall flat and lose immersion. In fact NOTHING is REPEATABLE. Once you clear the assault in progress markers on the map. Those enemies are gone forever, they never respawn and that part of the city is forever empty now... you can never go back and farm that area for fun when the game is over.

4. Police
-This has been beat to death already but i'll state it once more. Why couldn't maxtac pursue you like in the opening sequence with Jackie with the hovership? Why couldn't cops pursue you in the various cars they have around the city? Why can you drive a few blocks away and lose the cops completely? Why when you do get police do they just teleport behind you and you can easily outrun them? THIS NEEDS FIXED

5. Barbershops/Plastic Surgeons
-Why can't you change your appearance? Plain and simple this is something that should never have been left out of the game no matter what. You never get to alter your appearance after leaving character select. Infact you barely ever get to see your character ever. In the trailers it was teased that you could replace almost every part of your body at a ripperdoc, while this is true somewhat with cyberware, the original purpose of a ripperdoc included complete reconstruction of the face and hair and everything. Look at the quest for Pepe's wife, it is indicated here that this was possible at some point.

6. Third Person
-This is going to be controversial, but I don't care. Yes there are people who would argue the first person is immersive, but there are many reasons the game should have third person IN ADDITION TO first person.
a. Make it a toggle, its really not hard to do, and infact modders have already done it. There is no reason the option should not be there in addition to the first person as just about every other roleplaying game does this, and in grand theft auto (which this game emulates heavily) 3rd person is the default.
b. YOU CANNOT SEE THE CHARACTER YOU HAVE CREATED IN ACTION, this defeats the entire purpose of creating a character if for 90% of the game you can only see their hands, chest and pants.
c. There are people with motion sickness who cannot stand playing in first person. Yes this is actually true, the option needs to be there to accommodate the people who need third person to enjoy the experience.
d. Half, if not all of the animations for 3rd person, are already in the files. Before patch 1.04 you could enter a console command that would switch to the 3rd person animations, now while they were janky and had a crouching bug, it is a fact that they were there, and originally planned to be in the game. Don't buy into the bullshit that this was for all for "immersion". This was a planned mode that was scrapped, probably due to time constraints.

7. Flying Vehicles
-This is something that is already in the game but for some reason inaccessible to V outside of the first corpo intro sequence or one of the endings. Why in the name of holy hell can you not steal a trauma team hovercraft, or any of the numerous other flying vehicles you see flying in the sky? What happened to "verticality"? You never even see the planned upper areas of the city even though there are plenty of areas you can tell that used to be there to explore.

This is just very disappointing, disheartening and saddening as a whole, I hate to be negative, but these things alone could have made the game so much better and complete, an 11/10 experience for everyone. These things are very achievable as well, and it was apparent that they were either cut, or just not done on purpose for some reason. This is not a game I can be happy with, it will always be mediocre unless it includes the above things.

Last edited:

There are many disappointing, small things, that this game is missing, or did in a way that was unsatisfactory that could have been done better. It's so painful sometimes to play the game, when your mind is always saying "Why didn't they do this, or Why did they do this like that?" it takes away from the overall enjoyment and immersion.

1. V's Closet
-Now I understand that there is a weapons cache in the back room of your apartment that you can put anything into, but this small attention to detail would have been great. A spot to place your clothes and your clothes alone, and maybe even visual feedback like a big changing mirror or 3rd person just to see the outfits (see gta5). As of right now its a useless space that fills up with random clothing and there is no purpose to it. Its a shallow space that has no purpose.

-In V's apartment there is a vending machine, and on that vending machine there are actually different categories on the textures for food, or drink, or even joytoys. YES Joytoys, so why was there no ability to order joytoys as room service?
-Why are there only 4 joytoys in the entire game, when there are plenty on the streets that you cannot interact with? I doubt it would be hard to add the code to them since they pretty much all use the same models, and teleport to a specific scripted spot.

-This may be one of the biggest disappointments with this game, the fact that there are arcade machines everywhere but you cannot play a game on a single one of them. Grand theft auto san andreas did this in 2004 on archaic hardware. Yakuza games still do this for every installment. It's not something impossible to do. Even a simple shitty html5 or flash game would have sufficed and brought so much more immersion to the game. maybe we want to play Roach Race or the Spaceship game or the Tetris. I'm pretty sure with the working TV screens this is not a hard concept to do.

-Not only this but there are a severe lack of mini games in general, all of the racing you do for Claire, the shooting range for Wilson, the boxing for Coach, is NON-REPEATABLE, once you finish these things, you can never do them again in that playthrough.

It makes the game boring and fall flat and lose immersion. In fact NOTHING is REPEATABLE. Once you clear the assault in progress markers on the map. Those enemies are gone forever, they never respawn and that part of the city is forever empty now... you can never go back and farm that area for fun when the game is over.

4. Police
-This has been beat to death already but i'll state it once more. Why couldn't maxtac pursue you like in the opening sequence with Jackie with the hovership? Why couldn't cops pursue you in the various cars they have around the city? Why can you drive a few blocks away and lose the cops completely? Why when you do get police do they just teleport behind you and you can easily outrun them? THIS NEEDS FIXED

-Why can't you change your appearance? Plain and simple this is something that should never have been left out of the game no matter what. You never get to alter your appearance after leaving character select. Infact you barely ever get to see your character ever. In the trailers it was teased that you could replace almost every part of your body at a ripperdoc, while this is true somewhat with cyberware, the original purpose of a ripperdoc included complete reconstruction of the face and hair and everything. Look at the quest for Pepe's wife, it is indicated here that this was possible at some point.

6. Third Person
-This is going to be controversial, but I don't care. Yes there are people who would argue the first person is immersive, but there are many reasons the game should have third person IN ADDITION TO first person.
a. Make it a toggle, its really not hard to do, and infact modders have already done it. There is no reason the option should not be there in addition to the first person as just about every other roleplaying game does this, and in grand theft auto (which this game emulates heavily) 3rd person is the default.
b. YOU CANNOT SEE THE CHARACTER YOU HAVE CREATED IN ACTION, this defeats the entire purpose of creating a character if for 90% of the game you can only see their hands, chest and pants.
c. There are people with motion sickness who cannot stand playing in first person. Yes this is actually true, the option needs to be there to accommodate the people who need third person to enjoy the experience.
d. Half, if not all of the animations for 3rd person, are already in the files. Before patch 1.04 you could enter a console command that would switch to the 3rd person animations, now while they were janky and had a crouching bug, it is a fact that they were there, and originally planned to be in the game. Don't buy into the bullshit that this was for all for "immersion". This was a planned mode that was scrapped, probably due to time constraints.

7. Flying Vehicles
-This is something that is already in the game but for some reason inaccessible to V outside of the first corpo intro sequence or one of the endings. Why in the name of holy hell can you not steal a trauma team hovercraft, or any of the numerous other flying vehicles you see flying in the sky? What happened to "verticality"? You never even see the planned upper areas of the city even though there are plenty of areas you can tell that used to be there to explore.

This is just very disappointing, disheartening and saddening as a whole, I hate to be negative, but these things alone could have made the game so much better and complete, an 11/10 experience for everyone. These things are very achievable as well, and it was apparent that they were either cut, or just not done on purpose for some reason. This is not a game I can be happy with, it will always be mediocre unless it includes the above things.
Agree with some of this but between eg arcade machines and the game itself I'd prefer developers focus on the game, unless they're the size of rockstar (the Shenmue games exemplified how you end up with an open world but no real game to speak of if you spend more time on the world than the primary narrative -- though they can hardly be criticised seeing as they single handedly gave birth to the whole open world concept we see today).

I think flying cars would be a very bad idea. They allow you to bypass the world, in much the same way that you can complete morrowind in approx 30 mins if you levitate and ruin the game doing so.

I'm indifférent about the police because most of the time there's no reason for V and the police to interact. Crime for crime's sake is not the game's purpose, nor is it incentivised.

1. V's Closet
most likely was meant to be useable - trailer in early states shown taking gear from the closet while different stats were explained which were also ditched in the final game.

was also a concept - at least to have one-night stands or romance in your apartments shown in another early on trailer (in 3rd person/cutscene mode)

mostlikely like 1 & 2 - just ditched or not finished in time

4. Police
well yeah everybody agrees police is just unfinished / put in the game close to launch and really needs a complete rework / ai to lose the "joke image",

most likely will be added as dlc - if u trust rumored steam leaks

6. Third Person
sad design choice, doubt they will make it available since our char currently doesnt even has a real character model - looking at the shadow animation and missing haircuts... - pc user might hope for mastering the mod. console players just can cry and be salty : /

7. Flying Vehicles
kicked off very early in conception - i wonder why... most prob because NC buildings arent finished in higher tiers - collision problems, unfinished textures, etc.

blame the rushed release... like pointed in the quote most of these features were on devs mind in one or another way... but yeah "time was not enough" to make it work like their vision and advertising showed us : /

Last edited:
"The game of missesd opportunities" is a perfect title for this game.

It's a high production value game that is mediocre at best at everthing it does. Everything.

I suppose it is such to get as many audiences as possible, but I still believe that if it really had its own thing going for everything it does and if it had had a scope that it itself could bare, it would've been just as successful if not more so.

Last edited:

msxyz

Forum regular
Kofeiiniturpa summed un nicely: the biggest missed opportunity was to make a memorable game. Cp2077 is somewhat enjoyable, especially if you're into wasting countless hours wandering through open worlds, but 'the gaming experience', past all the nice graphics and detailed world, is as shallow as forgettable.

Unfortunately watching 2018 demo is more memorable than the game itself.
There was everything - Third person cutscenes, random events, combat drugs, better character customization, humanity points, key life event, childhood hero and so on and so on.
I enjoyed the game for the most part but it's just boring at the end. The story itself is pretty good but not for the game. Story should be about V, not Johnny. I was really tired of him in the end. In my opinion, the story had much more potential before Keanu came along.
I really hope they gonna pull a NMS on us but right now I got no expectations.
No expectations = no dissapointment

Ps: Sorry for my english but it's not my native language.

Edit: I fleshed out my thoughts about the story

Last edited:
blame the rushed release... like pointed in the quote most of these features were on devs mind in one or another way... but yeah "time was not enough" to make it work like their vision and advertising showed us : /
Screw the rushed release nonsense, they could have had as much time as they wanted without rushing if they weren't also trying to build hype and give a sense that it is right around the corner for 8 fucking years. These are incompatible strategies.

I often find that why didn't they do this or that is true for most games and think it's best to enjoy what is in the game, instead of what isn't.

1. A closet is probably superfluous as we have an inventory screen that already functions as a changing mirror to let us see our character and try on clothes. Good for immersion I guess, not much else. In GTA 5 for example the wardrobe exists in lieu of an inventory screen. Regardless, further contextual animations and repeatable encounters are always welcome, and I would love to see more, whatever they are.

2 / 3. Aspects such as vending machines, joytoys, arcade machines etc. are utterly throwaway, do it once and forget about it. Cyberpunk was never going to be the love-child of Yakuza + GTA.

4. The police could use a proper rework for sure, and it's pretty barebones, but I'm not sure why everyone wants to run around breaking the law, this isn't GTA, you have no reason to get into combat with MaxTac / NCPD narratively or otherwise.

5. Should have been in the game at release.

6. Was either canned for technical or artistic reasons, I suspect a mix of both.

7. Might as well just fast-travel, a flying car would just let you hover to your location encountering nothing. Yeah it's cool in the Corpo intro and appropriate in The Sun ending, but otherwise I think this would break the street-level Cyberpunk theme.

:shrug:

Screw the rushed release nonsense, they could have had as much time as they wanted without rushing if they weren't also trying to build hype and give a sense that it is right around the corner for 8 fucking years. These are incompatible strategies.
its not nonsense and it wasnt 8 years - just everything got wrong, leads were replaced after concept phase ditched nearly everything and started fresh with "own visions" half way through they decided to launch the unfinished game with many leftovers from former concepts to milk the xmass business on old gen = thats why we are where we are now. so yeah after 4 years of reinventing and building a hype they rushed the release. thats the story. get your infos right next time : /

they just should have ditched old gen and take their time to finish their ideas for next gen and pc only... than it would have been more like everyone expected from their advertising without performance issues and a desert of bugs/code failures - thats my opinion but than again they would have lost a lot of income leaving the old gen and facing the current ps5 situation.... in the end its all about the money : /

Last edited:
its not nonsense and it wasnt 8 years - just everything got wrong, leads were replaced after concept phase ditched nearly everything and started fresh with "own visions" half way through they decided to launch the unfinished game with many leftovers from former concepts to milk the xmass business on old gen = thats why we are where we are now. so yeah after 4 years of reinventing and building a hype they rushed the release. thats the story. get your infos right next time : /

they just should have ditched old gen and take their time to finish their ideas for next gen and pc only... than it would have been more like everyone expected from their advertising without performance issues and a desert of bugs/code failures - thats my opinion but than again they would have lost a lot of income leaving the old gen and facing the current ps5 situation.... in the end its all about the money : /
It doesn't matter how long the development actually was, the marketing campaign started on October 19th, 2012, they may have followed that with years of silence, but that was just another marketing failure not excuse. My info is right, sorry I haven't compromised it with bs excuses and apologia.

Guest 3847602

Can I just ask what the point of the lifepath's even were?
Same thing as origins in Dragon Age Origins - to provide additional flavour to dialogue choices, in which it succeeds. What lifepath prologue sequences fails to accomplish (compared to Dragon Age Origins) is to provide any kind of motivation to V or attachment to the characters you encounter during prologue.

Yeah, something like 15 months into full production 75% of the game got cut so it could release along side the PS5/XBSX. While that does mean drastically increased sales for 50% of the market; it burns everybody on PC from it now being relegated to a basic console port cash grab. Increase the sales for 50% of the market; while burning the other 50%.

That's what happens when 60 months of game development has 75% of the game cut, and then 15 months of good work gets ruined by 15 months of rush to launch. A 60 month game in half the time, and with twice as much money spent on marketing than actual game design/development. Obviously CDPR didn't realize that it would burn all the people that the company depends on, but CDPR burned them all the same.

Who is going to buy games from CDPR now? Who is going to invest in CDPR now? It's a sad story. I mean, we actually enjoy playing CP77, but ask us to ever buy from CDPR again? I'm not sure I ever will. Selling games on hype/lies doesn't result in good games. It's only natural that we gravitate to the good games, the better games, honest deals.

That is, until they hype up a game with lies in a game that is actually good... In this case, many players purposely avoided the CP77 hype, and they still got disappointed. I feel like for most of us that it isn't a choice to play one game or another, but instead we naturally end up playing what we want or what is the good game to play at the time.

It makes me feel like if CDPR spends $20,000,000 to finish CP77 or at least $10,000,000 to repair the half-baked half-built broken game that CP77 is; that most of us won't even be around anymore to enjoy any of it. I still play v1.12 because if I'm going to download 50 GB; I'll download another game that is likely way better than CP77 ever will be.

Possibly the narrative here is CDPR updating CP77 for all those players that are waiting for the game to become whatever it is they think it will be later on; if there is actually anybody stupid enough to put any significant amounts of money into the game and/or company. That CDPR is working to obtain those new customers; after having burned all the old ones.

Then all the pillow talk is for the new investors; so they'll buy stock. You know, avoid bankruptcy, because CDPR burned everyone that the company depends on. LOL ... I can't speak for everyone, but I don't want anything to do with CDPR or anything they release for the next 10 - 20 years. Even then, good luck getting me to buy anything from CDP/CDPR.

I'll have my fun with modded v1.12 for however long it lasts. I got my $60 worth in the first 6-10 hours. But millions of people were defrauded. Investors lost millions of dollars. Then everyone got a far lesser form of the game advertised, and while CDP/CDPR spent twice as much money on marketing than they spend on actual game development.

No thank you. We will pass. Even the OP here, that wrote this post about how severely lacking the game is. It is very wrong to have done that to someone, and here; someone that has paid you money based on what you have told them in a situation where the former's loss is the latter's gain. CyberScam, CyberPrank, CyberJunk, ect...

I'm beginning to seriously doubt that I'll ever even finish the 15 hours of CP77 main story, 38 hours of side story, or 100 hours of slightly better fetch quests. I spent 10 hours playing the CP77 Act I, and 140 hours playing the mods we built for PC to fix the game into a hotfixed version of not a decent game, but only a now playable game.

When I purchased CP77, I was purchasing a full game. A brand new game. I won't ever get that. They didn't build it, and they didn't sell it. Making that after the fact is a forgone conclusion. I was looking forward to the DLC, but I don't think I'll even bother with that. Heavily modified v1.12 is what I got, what I needed, and they didn't provide anything even near to that at launch. It's not a good deal, man. Continuing onward while expecting anything different would be insanity.

Anybody got $30,000,000 to pay them to finish CP77 ??? Where is the $5,000,000,000 per year they want to actually build CP77 RPG ??? Does CDPR even want to build CP77 ??? Did they ever want to build CP77 ??? The actual 60 months of professional software engineering and artistry required to build the full game ??? No! They didn't. They took a 60 month game, and shoehorned it into 30 months if they even spent that much time and care on Cyberpunk 2077.

CP77 is a unmitigated disaster...

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing as origins in Dragon Age Origins - to provide additional flavour to dialogue choices, in which it succeeds. What lifepath prologue sequences fails to accomplish (compared to Dragon Age Origins) is to provide any kind of motivation to V or attachment to the characters you encounter during prologue.
Please, don't compare the lifepath of this game with the origins in Dragon Age, they don't even come close. In Dragon Age: Origins your race and background have an actual influence on the people and the world around you, in this game lifepath barely give you some fancy dialogue that can be skipped completely, the rest of the time you're just a street kid.

Guest 3847602

Please, don't compare the lifepath of this game with the origins in Dragon Age, they don't even come close. In Dragon Age: Origins your race and background have an actual influence on the people and the world around you, in this game lifepath barely give you some fancy dialogue that can be skipped completely, the rest of the time you're just a street kid.
... and you're Grey Warden after Ostagar and most of the dialogue choices are related to you being GW, stopping the Blight and resolving local conflicts. It's when you're dealing with Dalish or Alienage elves, dwarves, mages or nobility as a member of their class that you get those "extra" dialogues. And yeah, I know that human nobles gets one more option at the Landsmeet and it is a huge deal. But, bear in mind that DAO doesn't feature voiced protagonist, which has pretty big influence on how many dialogue options your character gets in every conversation.
For the most part, it's not too different in Cyberpunk, when you're discussing corpo or nomad stuff, your V will have more things to ask and say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, something like 15 months into full production 75% of the game got cut so it could release along side the PS5/XBSX. While that does mean drastically increased sales for 50% of the market; it burns everybody on PC from it now being relegated to a basic console port cash grab. Increase the sales for 50% of the market; while burning the other 50%.

That's what happens when 60 months of game development has 75% of the game cut, and then 15 months of good work gets ruined by 15 months of rush to launch. A 60 month game in half the time, and with twice as much money spent on marketing than actual game design/development. Obviously CDPR didn't realize that it would burn all the people that the company depends on, but CDPR burned them all the same.

Who is going to buy games from CDPR now? Who is going to invest in CDPR now? It's a sad story. I mean, we actually enjoy playing CP77, but ask us to ever buy from CDPR again? I'm not sure I ever will. Selling games on hype/lies doesn't result in good games. It's only natural that we gravitate to the good games, the better games, honest deals.

That is, until they hype up a game with lies in a game that is actually good... In this case, many players purposely avoided the CP77 hype, and they still got disappointed. I feel like for most of us that it isn't a choice to play one game or another, but instead we naturally end up playing what we want or what is the good game to play at the time.

It makes me feel like if CDPR spends $20,000,000 to finish CP77 or at least $10,000,000 to repair the half-baked half-built broken game that CP77 is; that most of us won't even be around anymore to enjoy any of it. I still play v1.12 because if I'm going to download 50 GB; I'll download another game that is likely way better than CP77 ever will be.

Possibly the narrative here is CDPR updating CP77 for all those players that are waiting for the game to become whatever it is they think it will be later on; if there is actually anybody stupid enough to put any significant amounts of money into the game and/or company. That CDPR is working to obtain those new customers; after having burned all the old ones.

Then all the pillow talk is for the new investors; so they'll buy stock. You know, avoid bankruptcy, because CDPR burned everyone that the company depends on. LOL ... I can't speak for everyone, but I don't want anything to do with CDPR or anything they release for the next 10 - 20 years. Even then, good luck getting me to buy anything from CDP/CDPR.

I'll have my fun with modded v1.12 for however long it lasts. I got my $60 worth in the first 6-10 hours. But millions of people were defrauded. Investors lost millions of dollars. Then everyone got a far lesser form of the game advertised, and while CDP/CDPR spent twice as much money on marketing than they spend on actual game development.

No thank you. We will pass. Even the OP here, that wrote this post about how severely lacking the game is. It is very wrong to have done that to someone, and here; someone that has paid you money based on what you have told them in a situation where the former's loss is the latter's gain. CyberScam, CyberPrank, CyberJunk, ect...

I'm beginning to seriously doubt that I'll ever even finish the 15 hours of CP77 main story, 38 hours of side story, or 100 hours of slightly better fetch quests. I spent 10 hours playing the CP77 Act I, and 140 hours playing the mods we built for PC to fix the game into a hotfixed version of not a decent game, but only a now playable game.

When I purchased CP77, I was purchasing a full game. A brand new game. I won't ever get that. They didn't build it, and they didn't sell it. Making that after the fact is a forgone conclusion. I was looking forward to the DLC, but I don't think I'll even bother with that. Heavily modified v1.12 is what I got, what I needed, and they didn't provide anything even near to that at launch. It's not a good deal, man. Continuing onward while expecting anything different would be insanity.

Anybody got $30,000,000 to pay them to finish CP77 ??? Where is the $5,000,000,000 per year they want to actually build CP77 RPG ??? Does CDPR even want to build CP77 ??? Did they ever want to build CP77 ??? The actual 60 months of professional software engineering and artistry required to build the full game ??? No! They didn't. They took a 60 month game, and shoehorned it into 30 months if they even spent that much time and care on Cyberpunk 2077.

CP77 is a unmitigated disaster...
Most of the disappointment on the game comes as a result of "I want the game now. Why I have to wait? Why another delay?" when developers said they weren't full content of the state of the game and asking for more time. Devs already said they're sorry for the state of the game they've delivered - what else is needed to say here? Personally I would mind if the game lunch would be delayed - just to polish it.

Please don't start that 8 years in production thing - things has been changing and final idea comes around 2-3 years ago.

Just ask yourself if you want the polished game or having it now.

Despite all the bugs and problems I enjoy the game. If you don't enjoy choose another one that fully suits you.

I often find that why didn't they do this or that is true for most games and think it's best to enjoy what is in the game, instead of what isn't.
To be honest with you, there is nothing much to enjoy in this bare-bones game beside the short main story and some cool missions. If you enjoy what's in the game right now it's up to you, for me i wish this game was more that just a linear story driven single player inserted into a pointless openworld.

1. A closet is probably superfluous as we have an inventory screen that already functions as a changing mirror to let us see our character and try on clothes. Good for immersion I guess, not much else. In GTA 5 for example the wardrobe exists in lieu of an inventory screen. Regardless, further contextual animations and repeatable encounters are always welcome, and I would love to see more, whatever they are.
The invetory is poorly done and lacks many quality-of-life features like a proper lock system for favorite items that you don't want to be mixed with other junk while dismantling or to simply select them when you need them, and your closet doesn't have any category of items, they are all piled in the closet together. And by the way, you can't see how clothes looks on you before buying them in a shop.

2 / 3. Aspects such as vending machines, joytoys, arcade machines etc. are utterly throwaway, do it once and forget about it. Cyberpunk was never going to be the love-child of Yakuza + GTA.
They are utterly throwaway right now, but they could have been made in a way to be usefull during the gameplay like in other rpg. For example, in Skyrim marrying someone or adopting a child (as useless as it seems) give bonuses to the player. If you sleep in the house with your child or wife, you receive bonus stats and your spouse can open a shop and give you free money.

4. The police could use a proper rework for sure, and it's pretty barebones, but I'm not sure why everyone wants to run around breaking the law, this isn't GTA, you have no reason to get into combat with MaxTac / NCPD narratively or otherwise.
Also, you really have no reasons to do any secondary missions at all to be honest;
you are dying after all
What matters now is that the police system is in the game and it's poorly done. They could have scrapped it completely but they chose to make it anyway.

5. Should have been in the game at release.
No objection here. And in my opinion it's something that can be done very easily, i really don't understand why this is not in the game.

6. Was either canned for technical or artistic reasons, I suspect a mix of both.
Personally, I think they removed the third-person cutscenes due to lack of time and resources, and opted for a permanent first-person perspective. The reason I think this is the case is because in the final scenes we can see our character in the third person.

7. Might as well just fast-travel, a flying car would just let you hover to your location encountering nothing. Yeah it's cool in the Corpo intro and appropriate in The Sun ending, but otherwise I think this would break the street-level Cyberpunk theme.
What do you mean "this would break the stree-level Cyberpunk theme"? Flying car are a thing in the story and the lore, why can't I just pay for a flying taxi and fly from one point in the city to another? I mean, why there are no auto-pilot veicles at all? In The Witcher III Roach (Geralt's horse) can automatically follow the road, but in this game you can't call Delamain outside of the main story?

:facepalm:

To be honest with you, there is nothing much to enjoy in this bare-bones game beside the short main story and some cool missions. If you enjoy what's in the game right now it's up to you, for me i wish this game was more that just a linear story driven single player inserted into a pointless openworld.
If you rush the main story, yes it could be short. But if you rush the main story, you rush the game, useless to complain. For me, the side quests (not GIGS or NCPD hustles) are here for serve the main story. They could be put into the main quest line (like many other games did).
Flying car are a thing in the story and the lore, why can't I just pay for a flying taxi and fly from one point in the city to another? I mean, why there are no auto-pilot veicles at all? In The Witcher III Roach (Geralt's horse) can automatically follow the road, but in this game you can't call Delamain outside of the main story?
Maybe just they didn't add that (for now), that all. It's little bit too easy to said : they should have done that, better do that...
Wait and see. "my mother always told me that patience is a virtue" (by Jackie)

... and you're Grey Warden after Ostagar and most of the dialogue choices are related to you being GW, stopping the Blight and resolving local conflicts. It's when you're dealing with Dalish or Alienage elves, dwarves, mages or nobility as a member of their class that you get those "extra" dialogues. And yeah, I know that human nobles gets one more option at the Landsmeet and it is a huge deal. But, bear in mind that DAO doesn't feature voiced protagonist, which has pretty big influence on how many dialogue options your character gets in every conversation.
For the most part, it's not too different in Cyberpunk, when you're discussing corpo or nomad stuff, your V will have more things to ask and say.
This is not true at all, the two are not comparable. In CP77 the extra dialogue from lifepaths are very limited and have no influence at all on the gameplay. In DAO, however, the dialogues related to your origin have a real influence on the game and they are a lot in comparison to CP77. And by the way in CP77 nobody knows a thing about your past and nobody really cares, in fact everyone reacts to your character in the same way, as if you were just a street kid. In DAO, NPCs constantly react differently based on who they have in front, sure, in the end you are just the gray warden, but they recognize that beyond that you are so much more.
Post automatically merged:

If you rush the main story, yes it could be short. But if you rush the main story, you rush the game, useless to complain. For me, the side quests (not GIGS or NCPD hustles) are here for serve the main story. They could be put into the main quest line (like many other games did).
I didn't rush it, the main story is simply too short, and all the side missions you're refering don't serve in any way the main story. Only Panam's and Johnny's missions (in addition to the romances) can be linked with the main story.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe just they didn't add that (for now), that all. It's little bit too easy to said : they should have done that, better do that...
Wait and see. "my mother always told me that patience is a virtue" (by Jackie)
Yeah, that's why it's a missed opportunity. If it was already in the game it wouldn't be called that way.
:shrug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom