[SPOILERS] Theory of Ending with Voicemail Calls

+

hdavt

Forum regular
So during the ending when the credits are rolling with the voicemails I just got randomly curious, why's isn't V actually picking up the calls?
Got me thinking maybe his time limit of living the rest of his life ended perhaps? Or got stuck in some dangerous situation? Hope some of the future DLC can touch up on this if not the sequel.

hdavt

Forum regular
If I recall correctly, there is one ending combination (female V, romance Judy,star ending) that you can hear V's voice in the credits voicemail.

Oh no way? I'll look for the YouTube video on that, did all endings with my male V. Not there yet with female V.

Actually, that particular combination of ending for me is the more "rounded" of all and makes me wonder if the story was written with female V + Judy + star in mind from the start.

Actually, that particular combination of ending for me is the more "rounded" of all and makes me wonder if the story was written with female V + Judy + star in mind from the start.
I don't know (not very objective, it's my favorite ) :(
But i think, CDPR had writed all the story before work on anything else (and then cut that they keeps for the DLCs).
That's what I would do anyway :)

On thing that it's sur when you listen all the holocalls :
-if it's johnny who comeback from Mikoshi, it is better he not to cross Panam :D

I don't know (not very objective, it's my favorite ) :(
But i think, CDPR had writed all the story before work on anything else (and then cut that they keeps for the DLCs).
That's what I would do anyway :)

On thing that it's sur when you listen all the holocalls :
-if it's johnny who comeback from Mikoshi, it is better he not to cross Panam :D
Yes,all endings convey the same messages so story at "top level" was written without romance on mind i think.But this particular ending and Judy questline seems like the one more "fleshed out"(maybe indeed is cutting others and nothing else.)

Yes,all endings convey the same messages so story at "top level" was written without romance on mind i think.But this particular ending and Judy questline seems like the one more "fleshed out"(maybe indeed is cutting others and nothing else.)
Or those who wrote Judy's story line were much more inspired than those who took care of others.
It's Judy anyway... :D

if CDPR doesn t give any follow-up in the DLC for V (which would be a real shame), thanks to this message from judy I will consider that V is saved.
so cute this message from judy to V

For certain endings (mostly The Star) I just assumed it was a design decision to let the player see the world state and NPC's circumstances following the end of the game.

Top Bottom