Hardcore Mode VS New Game+ (poll)

+

Hardcore Mode VS New Game+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What would you want to see first?

And by hardcore mode I mean something like Hardcore mode from Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 -
- hunger meter
- sleep neccessity (can't sleep on the ground anymore)
- illnesses
- rebalanced economy
- higher damage output for the player and enemies
- static stats for all weapons and armor (at most maybe they would have randomized special effects)
- weapon condiiton meter
- Trauma Team insurance - so the way I see it, the game would end if you died without insurance, and insurance itself would work pretty much as an "extra life". So if you got badly injured, you would see your character fall to the ground and see a short cutscene of Trauma Team medics reviving you, and bam, you are back in action. This would make dying somehow more immersive.

But that's just how I imagine hardcore mode working in this game.

Btw, I like that take on death with the trauma team response.
I would like to add something: Cyperpsycho meter.
You must not add/remove/alter too much chrome at once or you'll go cyberpsycho. If that happens. MaxTac is on your tail.
If they kill you the trauma team response can kick in as normal death and you continue from there.
Visiting a ripperdoch will fill the CPO-meter with a certain percent, different between what type of chrome you choose. Then you must spend x-amount of time in the gameworld and the meter will reduce, allowing you to again visit a ripperdoc and do modification without fear of going cyberpsycho immediately.
Maybe some perks could also be added to allow for a greater installment of chrome and/or increase reduction of the meter as time passes.

I'll keep it brief as is for now. But I think that could be awesome.

[Edit] I may come back later to edit this post a bit when my vision of the cyberpsycho thing is more fleshed out. I just ran with a thread of an idea just now

Last edited:
Btw, I like that take on death with the trauma team response.
I would like to add something: Cyperpsycho meter.
You must not add/remove/alter too much chrome at once or you'll go cyberpsycho. If that happens. MaxTac is on your tail.
If they kill you the trauma team response can kick in as normal death and you continue from there.
Visiting a ripperdoch will fill the CPO-meter with a certain percent, different between what type of chrome you choose. Then you must spend x-amount of time in the gameworld and the meter will reduce, allowing you to again visit a ripperdoc and do modification without fear of going cyberpsycho immediately.
Maybe some perks could also be added to allow for a greater installment of chrome and/or increase reduction of the meter as time passes.

I'll keep it brief as is for now. But I think that could be awesome.

[Edit] I may come back later to edit this post a bit when my vision of the cyberpsycho thing is more fleshed out. I just ran with a thread of an idea just now
first of all, sorry for my english not my native language.
About cyberpsycho - there is actualy many evidence that cyberpsychosis connected with kiroshi and kiroshi ONLY. Exclusively. it have nothing to do with actual percentage of chrome in body (how Smasher is not psycho after ~50 years in his current form?). you can hear pedestrians talking about one of their neighbours turn psycho BUT he have only kirioshi implants, nothing more. It highly hinted that cyberpsychosis connected with control of Blue Eyes, he control people with kirioshi and this is gonna be theme of future DLC (btw V have to install kiroshi, this is obligatory and i don't think this is a coincidence). Also there is one gang that connected with all this kiroshi and blue eyes mistery - Maelstrem (you can see it in Prophet Harry quests) and ALL OF THEM have unique opticks i belive this is not coincidence as well (to many coincidence at this point)
SO
i agree the game is laking in many ways, but i see why cyberpshychosis is not actual mechanic (becouse cyberpsychosis is just a conspiracy theory by design, it not the actual thing in the lore isteslf)

first of all, sorry for my english not my native language.
About cyberpsycho - there is actualy many evidence that cyberpsychosis connected with kiroshi and kiroshi ONLY. Exclusively. it have nothing to do with actual percentage of chrome in body (how Smasher is not psycho after ~50 years in his current form?). you can hear pedestrians talking about one of their neighbours turn psycho BUT he have only kirioshi implants, nothing more. It highly hinted that cyberpsychosis connected with control of Blue Eyes, he control people with kirioshi and this is gonna be theme of future DLC (btw V have to install kiroshi, this is obligatory and i don't think this is a coincidence). Also there is one gang that connected with all this kiroshi and blue eyes mistery - Maelstrem (you can see it in Prophet Harry quests) and ALL OF THEM have unique opticks i belive this is not coincidence as well (to many coincidence at this point)
SO
i agree the game is laking in many ways, but i see why cyberpshychosis is not actual mechanic (becouse cyberpsychosis is just a conspiracy theory by design, it not the actual thing in the lore isteslf)
I recall some Maelstrom gigs mentioning that people went crazy (cyberpsycho) because they received too many implants too quickly and the body could not adapt (the valentino kid for one or the one near totentanz)
So as per my info there, it could still work. Also, I was a little less concerned with that level of specifics onnlore and more regarding a game mechanic.

I recall some Maelstrom gigs mentioning that people went crazy (cyberpsycho) because they received too many implants too quickly and the body could not adapt (the valentino kid for one or the one near totentanz)
So as per my info there, it could still work. Also, I was a little less concerned with that level of specifics onnlore and more regarding a game mechanic.
I can imagine that the mechanic was already "studied" by cdpr since its based on the tabletop that has a whole section about it(and Pondsmith was a consultant).
The problem is that you need an extra attribute "empathy" for that,and the mechanic should not be binary:i.e is not you turn psycho max-tac is dispatched. Is more about gradually becoming more detached from humanity (except maybe if you implant all cyberware at once)and should propagate to dialogs,inhability of romance/friendship etc... gradually the player should start losing "control" of the character (perform a random act of violence,treating poorly a friend) which is difficult to implement... in lore all brands if cyberware cause cyberpsychosis
,but not only cyberware induce a lose of humanity(i.e killing random civilians should also impact humanity,or not avoiding things-like not acting when a scav gang is collecting people-). I think is a difficult mechanic to implement.
Shadowrun uses "essence", but is choosing between cyber and magical,so its easier game mechanic to implement.
For NG+ vs "survival", i think it will more likely be NG+ since no new mechanics need to be implemented (was one of witcher3 dlcs i think,so i supose they have the same roadmap) .
Survival seems "out" of the setting(is not post-apocalyptic city) but if its an option for the player its fine for me.

Survival seems "out" of the setting(is not post-apocalyptic city) but if its an option for the player its fine for me.
Cyberpunk red was set in a post-apocalyptic period. Cyberpunk 2077 is close enough. Food is pretty scarce and Night City is surrounded by a literal wasteland. The goal in cyberpunk is "survival" according to the tabletop manual, which probably isn't literally scavenging for food, but earning money from gigs and having to spend some of it on food would add a lot of flavor into the game for people looking into immersive experience.
Post automatically merged:

I can imagine that the mechanic was already "studied" by cdpr since its based on the tabletop that has a whole section about it(and Pondsmith was a consultant).
The problem is that you need an extra attribute "empathy" for that,and the mechanic should not be binary:i.e is not you turn psycho max-tac is dispatched. Is more about gradually becoming more detached from humanity (except maybe if you implant all cyberware at once)and should propagate to dialogs,inhability of romance/friendship etc... gradually the player should start losing "control" of the character (perform a random act of violence,treating poorly a friend) which is difficult to implement... in lore all brands if cyberware cause cyberpsychosis
,but not only cyberware induce a lose of humanity(i.e killing random civilians should also impact humanity,or not avoiding things-like not acting when a scav gang is collecting people-). I think is a difficult mechanic to implement.
Shadowrun uses "essence", but is choosing between cyber and magical,so its easier game mechanic to implement.
For NG+ vs "survival", i think it will more likely be NG+ since no new mechanics need to be implemented (was one of witcher3 dlcs i think,so i supose they have the same roadmap) .
they could make "cyberpsychosis" a perk that you get from having low "empathy". It could just a combat perk that gives you boost to damage, that would randomly enable during combat. Its not exactly lore accurate, but it would be a nice flavor.
So my idea is that once its enabled, you would have to keep killing people to keep it active. This would encourage players to keep killing random civilians until they arrive at the next gig/quest lol. That would be pretty hilarious: you would just go around town killing random people until you arrive to your next destination.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk red was set in a post-apocalyptic period. Cyberpunk 2077 is close enough. Food is pretty scarce and Night City is surrounded by a literal wasteland. The goal in cyberpunk is "survival" according to the tabletop manual, which probably isn't literally scavenging for food, but earning money from gigs and having to spend some of it on food would add a lot of flavor into the game for people looking into immersive experience.

they could make "cyberpsychosis" a perk that you get from having low "empathy". It could just a combat perk that gives you boost to damage, that would randomly enable during combat. Its not exactly lore accurate, but it would be a nice flavor.
So my idea is that once its enabled, you would have to keep killing people to keep it active. This would encourage players to keep killing random civilians until they arrive at the next gig/quest lol. That would be pretty hilarious: you would just go around town killing random people until you arrive to your next destination.
Just maybe a couple of comments,and then we can agree to disagree.cpred is post-war,it literally says "is not post-apocalyptic" ...cyberpunk 3.0 was postapocalyptic setting.
That being said, in game cdpr could do whatever they see convenient...but a "survival mode" still feels out of place( i'm fine as an option).
For the "cyberpsycho perk" and murder spree, i think that you didn't catch the intend of showing cyberpsychosis in-game and we probably have a different concept of "fun" but its fine.
But as I said,if its an option i will not argue against it.

V is not supposed to kill civilians and it would be weird to have a reward by doing this.

Guest 4400165

Neither for me. I wouldn't trust this game with Hardcore mode. I like the idea of balance changes, but if a modding tool comes out, this shouldn't be an issue for the wizards, but DPR won't do this.

And NG+ would be boring. The gameplay gets kinda easy in mid section of the game and further, even on Very Hard.

according to who? Its supposed to be a roleplaying game.
I would say, that is according to the very same source material of the franchise (Cyberpunk,Rtalsorian,Mike Pondsmith) since it defines Empathy/Humanity (not implemented in CDPR CP2077, mostly because I think is a difficult mechanic to implement) and specifically defines that if a player turns "cyberpsycho"-strictly Empathy=0, but randomly killing people qualifies as somebody with no empathy- the player lose control of the character and turns into a NPC:
1619962153089.png

You can find it in the free digital goodie of CP2020, although in CPRED is a little bit more elaborated.
In Rtalsorian Cyberpunk, violence is common but I fail to remember a single occasion where gratuitous violence is encouraged or endorsed in any supplement (except an scenario in 4th Corpo War of attacks to non combatants, but is suggested to be defenders not attackers and if players want to be attackers be clear that their characters are gonna pay a price) and is a RPG.
Is not uncommon in many RPGs to have a moral system that punishes players for this type of conduct(World of Darkness RPGs also had that kind of system).
I doubt that CDPR is going to modify the franchise to the point of allowing "psycho"/"rampage" gameplay, at least all the depiction of cyberpsychosis that you can find in-game doesn´t seem to suggest that CDPR departed that much from Rtalsorian intend.

Never really been a fan new game+ , I get that some people want to play again with all the end-game skills and weapons from the start but I feel it takes some of the character development choices that you should make in a game away. You wouldn't expect to have a high level mage/cleric/warrior/ranger/thief in D&D in the same way you don't find Nobel prize winning-olympians, Characters that cross classes should always be a trade-off in a well balanced game.

As to hard-core as described, that seems like a different game altogether.
I would like to see more of trauma team and max-tac though
So I'm a neither :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom