couldn't initialize D3DDevice! error help?

+
couldn't initialize D3DDevice! error help?

well i downloaded the game off of steam, after checking yougamers for if i could play and my copmputer completley over does every requirement by far. firstly i got past the sytem requirements not met error with the "-dontforceminreq" command at the end of the launcher but then when i try to open it again it come up with a brand spanking new error "couldn't initialize D3DDevice!". Okay so ive had a browse online and saw if i put yet another command "-windowed and -dxlevel 80" on the end it should work! and it did god i was please, so for the past 2 days ive been playing on max setting s flawlessly and its been great except for now today i try to start it and the error has came up again! "couldnt initialize D3DDevice!". and now i just cant play! at all? really i was loving ther game and the fact i put in like 3 hours of trying to fix it in the first place just kills me inside... does anyone have a fix? ive tried so much now its getting to me. cause i know it works! ive played it! then it just stopped and ive done nothing but play that game since i got it on the computer, settings wise i mean.ive attached the only err log i could find, not sure if its of any help (y)PLEASE HELP!luke3413

Did you remove tages from the TAGES website.Also when applying the -dontForceMinReqs did you do this from the witcher exe located in your witcher/system folder

i dot he "-dontforceminreq" on the steam launch settings and it gets rid of that, but its the fact it worked before and now doesnt, and ille try the tages now thanks

Also recommend to read: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed

Top Bottom