Pawel Sasko streaming and discussing the game on Twitch - every Sunday 8PM CEST

+
I'm so confused. For some reason I thought the time was 6 or 7 EST, but I missed him, so I guess it's not.

I know there's only been a few, but anyone watching these consistently have a sense of his pacing yet? Is he planning on doing every possible gig or is this more of a casual thing? There are a few things I'd like to hear a devs opinion on but I'm not really interested in tuning in regularly.

I know there's only been a few, but anyone watching these consistently have a sense of his pacing yet? Is he planning on doing every possible gig or is this more of a casual thing? There are a few things I'd like to hear a devs opinion on but I'm not really interested in tuning in regularly.
Well, for now he is doing mostly the main quests but there are so many questions and he comments a lot of things about the game. He almost managed to finish the Pick up quest. He puts the videos with timestamps on Youtube.

When I watched it a bit last time, I came to a realization: He is just going to be playing the main story. He is obviously not going to be playing the open world parts of CP2077 that require improvement or look shoddy. Gotta gloss them over. This coupled with compulsion over details that matter little.

"Look, you can see that one dude through this wall when you walk through this portion of the meat factory!!1"
- while I just wanted to ask him why can't V have a flashlight to light up the insanely dark areas of the game.... And no answer of course. I'm troubled by things that affect the ENTIRE game, not just one hyper-specific part of it.

I don't think there is anything Im going to be getting out of this.

When I watched it a bit last time, I came to a realization: He is just going to be playing the main story. He is obviously not going to be playing the open world parts of CP2077 that require improvement or look shoddy. Gotta gloss them over. This coupled with compulsion over details that matter little.

"Look, you can see that one dude through this wall when you walk through this portion of the meat factory!!1"
- while I just wanted to ask him why can't V have a flashlight to light up the insanely dark areas of the game.... And no answer of course. I'm troubled by things that affect the ENTIRE game, not just one hyper-specific part of it.

I don't know he said at the end that in his next stream he was going to finish the pickup and then do a some side content so that he was prepared for the heist so that "he didn't die every time they looked at him"

Also he's the quest designer, I don't think he's answered any questions about gameplay and interface stuff. He's only talked about lighting for scenes etc as far as I remember. Some of the other REDS in the chat did seem to be answering specific questions if they were about stuff that's already in the game, but they don't seem to be taking about any plans for things they are going to implement.

I just assumed they're not allowed to talk about planned features or are nervous to do so given the pre-lauch. Apart from the "various fixes" roadmap they haven't talked about anything as far as I can tell. The individual REDS must be under some kind of NDA as the game is still being developed.

Last edited:
Also he's the quest designer, I don't think he's answered any questions about gameplay and interface stuff. He's only talked about lighting for scenes etc as far as I remember. Some of the other REDS in the chat did seem to be answering specific questions if they were about stuff that's already in the game, but they don't seem to be taking about any plans for things they are going to implement.

I just assumed they're not allowed to talk about planned features or are nervous to do so given the pre-lauch. Apart from the "various fixes" roadmap they haven't talked about anything as far as I can tell. The individual REDS must be under some kind of NDA as the game is still being developed.

Makes me wonder why should I watch this.

If you're not enjoying it then :shrug:

I don't usually enjoy watching let's-plays or streams much myself but I'm finding the insights in to the design process really interesting. He is clearly very passionate about his craft. I started watching for a similar reason as I guess you did to see what he had to say about the state of the game and for insight in to why things are as they are, but I'm kinda hooked now.

Curiosity, passion, getting a different perspective etc.?

Pretty much like engaging in this thread to begin with.

I like the artsy stuff and thought processes behind everything in this game so that makes me curious as to how the developers engage with their own product.

I personally have been modding The Elder Scrolls game since Oblivion and Morrowind for different reasons (mainly artistic vision) and always found it hard to engage with the end product after several months of work and always resort to just roaming around and taking screenshots, because the farther and deeper I get into it the more stuff I find wrong or out of whack and it always seems like there's more to do - ultimately making it hard to enjoy the game for what it is.

Went on an extreme with Skyrim where I persisted over ten years on the same installation (never reinstalled, always transferred it on a new HDD and Windows iteration etc.) modding it ludicrously and even after all that time there's still stuff I would have done differently and improvements to be made with the tools and parts available of course, it's literally never ending.

That's what makes me personally curious to see how the devs engage with the game, it's very interesting to say the least.

I was interested, at first, but the guy kept going off on tangents and taking forever to get down to business; every time he'd start talking about something I found interesting, he'd remember some minor detail and go off about that for a few minutes instead...

It was like watching one of those moments in a sitcom where the awkward character realizes they've said something that can be interpreted in a prurient fashion, so they try to cover but ultimately end up digging themselves deeper...
"I'm glad to be working under you, Ms. Jones. I mean, not under you...I just mean an employee/employer relationship. No, not 'relationship'! I didn't mean it like that..." You've seen it before; dude just wouldn't focus, and it made it hard to watch.

D'know if he's gonna read this, but...I'd definitely be more likely to watch if his narrative stayed on point better.

I was interested, at first, but the guy kept going off on tangents and taking forever to get down to business; every time he'd start talking about something I found interesting, he'd remember some minor detail and go off about that for a few minutes instead...

It was like watching one of those moments in a sitcom where the awkward character realizes they've said something that can be interpreted in a prurient fashion, so they try to cover but ultimately end up digging themselves deeper...
"I'm glad to be working under you, Ms. Jones. I mean, not under you...I just mean an employee/employer relationship. No, not 'relationship'! I didn't mean it like that..." You've seen it before; dude just wouldn't focus, and it made it hard to watch.

D'know if he's gonna read this, but...I'd definitely be more likely to watch if his narrative stayed on point better.
Honestly that would take a lot of preparatory work before the livestream and from the looks of it he's doing this in his free time.

Yes, sometimes he gets into minutiae, but it's not that common to be able to watch a developer talking in this level of detail about the thoughts that go into designing these experiences.

Not for everyone but it's a bit of a gem for people who are curious for a peek behind the curtain.

Top Bottom