The Game of Missed Opportunities...

+
What do you mean "this would break the stree-level Cyberpunk theme"? Flying car are a thing in the story and the lore, why can't I just pay for a flying taxi and fly from one point in the city to another? I mean, why there are no auto-pilot veicles at all? In The Witcher III Roach (Geralt's horse) can automatically follow the road, but in this game you can't call Delamain outside of the main story?

V is a low-life street merc, it would make little narrative sense for them to be sitting back in a flying car which we see are normally reserved for the rich, "upper class", politicians like the Peralezes and Corpo agents.

Auto-driving cars should be a thing though, yes. Even if it is just the Delamains.

The designers intended for the players to travel through the city, I think you are supposed to enjoy travelling through it. I know I do, even though the traffic AI is as dumb as a brick most of the time - but still, you are supposed to feel insignificant and zipping around in a spinner would wreck that.

This is not true at all, the two are not comparable. In CP77 the extra dialogue from lifepaths are very limited and have no influence at all on the gameplay. In DAO, however, the dialogues related to your origin have a real influence on the game and they are a lot in comparison to CP77. And by the way in CP77 nobody knows a thing about your past and nobody really cares, in fact everyone reacts to your character in the same way, as if you were just a street kid. In DAO, NPCs constantly react differently based on who they have in front, sure, in the end you are just the gray warden, but they recognize that beyond that you are so much more.

I would say,that lifepath in cp2077 works the same way as in the tabletop(cp2020/cpred) nothing else/nothing more...there is a cp2020 ruleset as a digital goodie if you want to check.
They are intended to provide just background, some knowledge derived from the past(dialogs) and one or two quests unrelated to the main story (related to the past)... lifepath in Cyberpunk tabletop are not intended to provide an advantage to a player; its a game setting that the world doesn´t gravitate around the character.
And no, you are not playing as streetkid you are playing as a merc(i prefer edgerunner); this is the purpose of the prologue to bridge your past(lifepath) into the present(V merc).

Guest 3847602

In CP77 the extra dialogue from lifepaths are very limited and have no influence at all on the gameplay. In DAO, however, the dialogues related to your origin have a real influence on the game and they are a lot in comparison to CP77.
I didn't say origin-specific dialogues are equally prominent but that they serve the same purpose - adding flavour. Outcome of major quests in DAO doesn't depend on your origin. Except for Landsmeet, but I already mentioned that. Yes, you get them more often than in CP2077, no sane person would argue against that.
And by the way in CP77 nobody knows a thing about your past and nobody really cares, in fact everyone reacts to your character in the same way, as if you were just a street kid.
Merc. Not streetkid.
In DAO, NPCs constantly react differently based on who they have in front, sure, in the end you are just the gray warden, but they recognize that beyond that you are so much more.
Because there's physical differences between human, an elf and a dwarf. You can also easily recognize who's mage. This isn't applicable to a mercenary who's a former corpo vs former nomad vs former streetkid.

Last edited by a moderator:
CDProject Red have gone the way of all corpo's. Once money replaces passion the soul of the game is lost.

The fact they've still not released a proper modders tool (which could've kept the game alive for many years - Morrowind (2002) is still alive from Bethesda!) tell's me all I need to know about their priorities.

As for the bad AI, it's not about wanting GTA levels of driving / policing / pedestrian-ing; it's about giving texture to the world, a <virtual> reality where NPCs have jobs and lives and drivers can drive and police have to find out about the crime then get to it.

Just outside the flat V lives in there's a couple of cops standing around a man on the floor. They and him were there when I first arrived and 70 RL hours later (I just finished the heist) and they're still there. It utterly destroys my immersion in the game world (and why are the police always aggroed towards me, red caret above their head?) and reminds me I'm playing a game...

And off topic, I absolutely hate most of the music playing on the radios but you can't choose or even <easily>, mod your own music into the game.

Yeah, something like 15 months into full production 75% of the game got cut so it could release along side the PS5/XBSX. While that does mean drastically increased sales for 50% of the market; it burns everybody on PC from it now being relegated to a basic console port cash grab. Increase the sales for 50% of the market; while burning the other 50%.

That's what happens when 60 months of game development has 75% of the game cut, and then 15 months of good work gets ruined by 15 months of rush to launch. A 60 month game in half the time, and with twice as much money spent on marketing than actual game design/development. Obviously CDPR didn't realize that it would burn all the people that the company depends on, but CDPR burned them all the same.

Who is going to buy games from CDPR now? Who is going to invest in CDPR now? It's a sad story. I mean, we actually enjoy playing CP77, but ask us to ever buy from CDPR again? I'm not sure I ever will. Selling games on hype/lies doesn't result in good games. It's only natural that we gravitate to the good games, the better games, honest deals.

That is, until they hype up a game with lies in a game that is actually good... In this case, many players purposely avoided the CP77 hype, and they still got disappointed. I feel like for most of us that it isn't a choice to play one game or another, but instead we naturally end up playing what we want or what is the good game to play at the time.

It makes me feel like if CDPR spends $20,000,000 to finish CP77 or at least $10,000,000 to repair the half-baked half-built broken game that CP77 is; that most of us won't even be around anymore to enjoy any of it. I still play v1.12 because if I'm going to download 50 GB; I'll download another game that is likely way better than CP77 ever will be.

Possibly the narrative here is CDPR updating CP77 for all those players that are waiting for the game to become whatever it is they think it will be later on; if there is actually anybody stupid enough to put any significant amounts of money into the game and/or company. That CDPR is working to obtain those new customers; after having burned all the old ones.

Then all the pillow talk is for the new investors; so they'll buy stock. You know, avoid bankruptcy, because CDPR burned everyone that the company depends on. LOL ... I can't speak for everyone, but I don't want anything to do with CDPR or anything they release for the next 10 - 20 years. Even then, good luck getting me to buy anything from CDP/CDPR.

I'll have my fun with modded v1.12 for however long it lasts. I got my $60 worth in the first 6-10 hours. But millions of people were defrauded. Investors lost millions of dollars. Then everyone got a far lesser form of the game advertised, and while CDP/CDPR spent twice as much money on marketing than they spend on actual game development.

No thank you. We will pass. Even the OP here, that wrote this post about how severely lacking the game is. It is very wrong to have done that to someone, and here; someone that has paid you money based on what you have told them in a situation where the former's loss is the latter's gain. CyberScam, CyberPrank, CyberJunk, ect...

I'm beginning to seriously doubt that I'll ever even finish the 15 hours of CP77 main story, 38 hours of side story, or 100 hours of slightly better fetch quests. I spent 10 hours playing the CP77 Act I, and 140 hours playing the mods we built for PC to fix the game into a hotfixed version of not a decent game, but only a now playable game.

When I purchased CP77, I was purchasing a full game. A brand new game. I won't ever get that. They didn't build it, and they didn't sell it. Making that after the fact is a forgone conclusion. I was looking forward to the DLC, but I don't think I'll even bother with that. Heavily modified v1.12 is what I got, what I needed, and they didn't provide anything even near to that at launch. It's not a good deal, man. Continuing onward while expecting anything different would be insanity.

Anybody got $30,000,000 to pay them to finish CP77 ??? Where is the $5,000,000,000 per year they want to actually build CP77 RPG ??? Does CDPR even want to build CP77 ??? Did they ever want to build CP77 ??? The actual 60 months of professional software engineering and artistry required to build the full game ??? No! They didn't. They took a 60 month game, and shoehorned it into 30 months if they even spent that much time and care on Cyberpunk 2077.

CP77 is a unmitigated disaster...
This.
To be honest with you, there is nothing much to enjoy in this bare-bones game beside the short main story and some cool missions. If you enjoy what's in the game right now it's up to you, for me i wish this game was more that just a linear story driven single player inserted into a pointless openworld.

The invetory is poorly done and lacks many quality-of-life features like a proper lock system for favorite items that you don't want to be mixed with other junk while dismantling or to simply select them when you need them, and your closet doesn't have any category of items, they are all piled in the closet together. And by the way, you can't see how clothes looks on you before buying them in a shop.

They are utterly throwaway right now, but they could have been made in a way to be usefull during the gameplay like in other rpg. For example, in Skyrim marrying someone or adopting a child (as useless as it seems) give bonuses to the player. If you sleep in the house with your child or wife, you receive bonus stats and your spouse can open a shop and give you free money.

Also, you really have no reasons to do any secondary missions at all to be honest;
you are dying after all
What matters now is that the police system is in the game and it's poorly done. They could have scrapped it completely but they chose to make it anyway.

No objection here. And in my opinion it's something that can be done very easily, i really don't understand why this is not in the game.

Personally, I think they removed the third-person cutscenes due to lack of time and resources, and opted for a permanent first-person perspective. The reason I think this is the case is because in the final scenes we can see our character in the third person.

What do you mean "this would break the stree-level Cyberpunk theme"? Flying car are a thing in the story and the lore, why can't I just pay for a flying taxi and fly from one point in the city to another? I mean, why there are no auto-pilot veicles at all? In The Witcher III Roach (Geralt's horse) can automatically follow the road, but in this game you can't call Delamain outside of the main story?

:facepalm:
And this.
This is not true at all, the two are not comparable. In CP77 the extra dialogue from lifepaths are very limited and have no influence at all on the gameplay. In DAO, however, the dialogues related to your origin have a real influence on the game and they are a lot in comparison to CP77. And by the way in CP77 nobody knows a thing about your past and nobody really cares, in fact everyone reacts to your character in the same way, as if you were just a street kid. In DAO, NPCs constantly react differently based on who they have in front, sure, in the end you are just the gray warden, but they recognize that beyond that you are so much more.
Post automatically merged:

I didn't rush it, the main story is simply too short, and all the side missions you're refering don't serve in any way the main story. Only Panam's and Johnny's missions (in addition to the romances) can be linked with the main story.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, that's why it's a missed opportunity. If it was already in the game it wouldn't be called that way.
:shrug:
And so much more...
Merc. Not streetkid.
In my opinion, definitely Street kid.

If it look, smells and sounds as a street kid, it probably is.

Regardless of 'life path', after the cut scene, i percieve V's lines all are that of a small whiny cocky kid. Except for the 'life path' dialogue choices, that are few and far between, they all convey the feeling of 'petty me'. The savvy Corpo and independent Nomad is long gone. It is as if CDPR planned to incorporate the life paths in the dialogue and then realized that it would be too much work, as with so many other features of this game.

Maybe they should have released it as a 'Street kid' game and had the other life paths as expansions?

CDProject Red have gone the way of all corpo's. Once money replaces passion the soul of the game is lost.

The fact they've still not released a proper modders tool (which could've kept the game alive for many years - Morrowind (2002) is still alive from Bethesda!) tell's me all I need to know about their priorities.

As for the bad AI, it's not about wanting GTA levels of driving / policing / pedestrian-ing; it's about giving texture to the world, a <virtual> reality where NPCs have jobs and lives and drivers can drive and police have to find out about the crime then get to it.

Just outside the flat V lives in there's a couple of cops standing around a man on the floor. They and him were there when I first arrived and 70 RL hours later (I just finished the heist) and they're still there. It utterly destroys my immersion in the game world (and why are the police always aggroed towards me, red caret above their head?) and reminds me I'm playing a game...

And off topic, I absolutely hate most of the music playing on the radios but you can't choose or even <easily>, mod your own music into the game.
Maybe CDPR are just ambitious to fix their own game instead to rely on modders. If you don't like the radio you can just mute it.

missed opportunities; to be continued,
now, when there is an update, I no longer have hope but the fear of; {what else has CDPR removed or changed to annoy me?}. after having read a large amount of comments {from different languages}; this fact comes up often. lately the {Bugbear} problem since 1.21 and 1.22.
without counting the withdrawals of legendary items now to buy. what's more {not easy to make money in this game}.
I never cheated in CP-77; {the glitches}. in view of recent events; I regret not having done so.

notice; I have all the trophies without ever having cheated.

Maybe CDPR are just ambitious to fix their own game instead to rely on modders. If you don't like the radio you can just mute it.
And how do I listen to the conversations in clubs? For me the music completely drowns out the actors voices, and it seems it's not controlled by the volume in music or radio's in settings (which may be realistic but in the game you can't scream 'What?' and make them repeat it louder).

And how do I listen to the conversations in clubs? For me the music completely drowns out the actors voices, and it seems it's not controlled by the volume in music or radio's in settings (which may be realistic but in the game you can't scream 'What?' and make them repeat it louder).
Never had problems like this, playing on PC, studio preferences, but music volume can be lowered by the settings... Actually, I like how the sound is different when V is close to the sound source, with the back turned to the source, the volume is reduced when V goes further.

I had this problem, mainly because I play with the volume low after the kids have gone to bed and so I sometimes can't hear over my ps4 fan!

If you turn on the subtitles, they pop up above the npc heads.

Never had problems like this, playing on PC, studio preferences, but music volume can be lowered by the settings... Actually, I like how the sound is different when V is close to the sound source, with the back turned to the source, the volume is reduced when V goes further.

I had this problem, mainly because I play with the volume low after the kids have gone to bed and so I sometimes can't hear over my ps4 fan!
If you turn on the subtitles, they pop up above the npc heads.
Someone on Reddit pointed me to a mod that has mixed most of the sound files (11GBs) and it's amazing, much better levels on everything. Club music is still loud (as it should be) but it doesn't drown out the actors voices, plus there's sounds I never even noticed before coming through, like walking thru' water.
Not sure if I can post links but it's on the nexus: CyberPunk 2077 Audio Overhaul

Top Bottom