Tutorial loading but nothing happens

+
Tutorial loading but nothing happens

One word before all: I've patched up to 2.1, so my problems may come from this last patch somehow.

If I start the game with the tutorial I end up with a loading screen and then nothing. Tried it several times, it seems to load but nothing else happens, the tutorial won't start. :(

Next I cancelled the tutorial and did run the game, that is working.

I'm not sure if someone else had this problem before, so maybe it has to do with my graphic card and is not really a game-problem at all.^^

My specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+
2 GB Ram
ATI Radeon x1550 :)D)

The movies are running fine (if a bit slow), while I'm running W2 in window mode with a reolution of 1024x768 and all graphics at lowest settings. And don't tell me I need a new graphic card, I know it. :p

I just want to know if the tutorial thingy is related to a game-loading-problem or maybe the 2.1 patch, 'cause installing TW2 with patching takes about 2 hours on my machine, so maybe I may just forget it for now and wait until I can efford a new computer. ;)

The X1550 cannot be made to run this game. It is far too small, too slow, and too obsolete a design. If it is a PCI-Express card, you may be able to upgrade. If it is an AGP card, the previous poster is right; it's long since time to consider a replacement.

Well... that may be true, but all other games are working with my beloved x1550 crad. Even Anno 2070 is running with it!
And yes, a card (it's PCI-E) for running TW2 with it would cost me around 50€, but then I may have the same problem with the next game.^^

Problem is also that the game starts, even if it is so slow that it's unplayable somehow (at least I could see Geralt in that cellar and give answers and start it until I found out that moving is not possible^^). But the tutorial isn't starting at all and hangs in the loading screen.

However, I found some tools to overclock CPU and even the graphic card, so I'll try this first and also a reinstalling without the patch 2.1. Never give up hope... :)

*sigh* With Witcher 3 they should also put a new Computer into the Premium package. :D

They very nearly should... this game was written to require what was the best technology available in 2008, just as the minimum. The X1550 amounts to only a small fraction of the performance you could get, even then.

Seriously, this game hits the GPU harder than anything else on the market. Just because you can run other games doesn't mean you can run this one. And the X1550 is off support and you can't get current drivers for it anymore, which means you will eventually run into a problem that you cannot solve.

I'd wait and see before updating anything, though. AMD just released the 7000-series cards, and this will drive down the price of the 6000-series and the remaining 5000-series stock.

Top Bottom