Public transportation system in NC

+
Considering the speed of the train, maybe PS4 and Xbox One couldn't load objects that fast?
my ps4 cant even load objects if i drive the caliburn.... always crashing into invisible unloaded objects or sometimes even falling of the map entirely :(

Ive never even seen a train move across the rail when walking about. This is on Series X. Are they there still or have they been patched out altogether?

Yes, I also do not think that everyone would be using a monorail train all the time.

I would.

Maybe it's just cuz I'm a CGI artist by trade, but I find NC breathtaking, a work of art, and I could probably sight-see for ages; goodness knows I spent enough time riding around on a motorcycle, just trippin' on the city goin' by.

It could be just another open world "activity" that some of us are missing (for various reasons).

Riding the monorail was one of the things to which I was very, very, very much looking forward, and when they took it out, I was deeply unhappy about it.

I would.

Maybe it's just cuz I'm a CGI artist by trade, but I find NC breathtaking, a work of art, and I could probably sight-see for ages; goodness knows I spent enough time riding around on a motorcycle, just trippin' on the city goin' by.

Riding the monorail was one of the things to which I was very, very, very much looking forward, and when they took it out, I was deeply unhappy about it.
If I had been asked before the release I would have bet on a monorail/metro system instead of the stupid teleportation system. I would have lost :(
Going from NorthSide to Pacifica looking out the window would have been awesome :)

If I had been asked before the release I would have bet on a monorail/metro system instead of the stupid teleportation system. I would have lost :(

CDPR showed promo videos that included scenes inside the monorail; if you'd have bet, you should have won. So should I.

But, alas, those trailers were not worthy of our trust.

Going from NorthSide to Pacifica looking out the window would have been awesome :)

Indeed!
I'd love to start in the Badlands and take the monorail into the city; I think that'd be breathtaking.

CDPR showed promo videos that included scenes inside the monorail; if you'd have bet, you should have won. So should I.
But, alas, those trailers were not worthy of our trust.
I never watched any of annoncement. Except the trailers and like all trailers, the mention "does not reflect the final state of the game" is not here for nothing :)
But yes, i would love travel in monorail or AV (powered by Delamain) and enjoy the view (that why, i never skip the travel with River/Judy/Panam/Claire...).

Except the trailers and like all trailers, the mention "does not reflect the final state of the game" is not here for nothing
True, and that line has been repeated a lot in defense of the state of this game compared to what was reasonably expected. Yes, things change. Yes, things get cut, but it's strange how in every one of these cases that I can think of (Ubisoft are the masters of this), it means features that were being used to promote and sell the game being cut to the bare bones or removed altogether, never anything expanded or added. It allows games companies to get away with hyping a game that will never actually exist and has become all to common.

True, and that line has been repeated a lot in defense of the state of this game compared to what was reasonably expected. Yes, things change. Yes, things get cut, but it's strange how in every one of these cases that I can think of (Ubisoft are the masters of this), it means features that were being used to promote and sell the game being cut to the bare bones or removed altogether, never anything expanded or added. It allows games companies to get away with hyping a game that will never actually exist and has become all to common.
Like me most of time, don't pre-order a game, don't buy it day-one and if you aren't not sure to like it, watch few streams/videos (of serious people obviously). And if after that, you are still not sure whether to wait for the promotions. It's still the best not to have the feeling of having wasted money :)

The stuff I'm talking about was in the trailers.
Well, I mean, if we really want to get pedantic, those disclaimers said "Does not reflect the final look of the game".
So...I mean...
Sadly, it's advertising, it's the same everywhere and in all domains.
My car salesman always tells me he has the deal of the century especially for me...

Sadly, it's advertising, it's the same everywhere and in all domains.
My car salesman always tells me he has the deal of the century especially for me...
Well, in my never-humble opinion, it should be very, very illegal to advertise something loudly, then quietly take it away immediately before release.
The retractions should, by law, be required to be as loud, explicit, and paced as the original assertions, or face some serious penalties.

The stuff I'm talking about was in the trailers.

Well, I mean, if we really want to get pedantic, those disclaimers said "Does not reflect the final look of the game".

So...I mean...

before the game was released they specifically said there would be no ridable mass transit. And it was me never shown in a gameplay trailer or demo, only in CGI which would never be in game, since they scrapped 3rd person long ago.

before the game was released they specifically said there would be no ridable mass transit.

And before the game was released, they specifically showed rideable mass transit.
Their retraction was clearly not in promo material, trailers and the like.

And it was me never shown in a gameplay trailer or demo, only in CGI which would never be in game, since they scrapped 3rd person long ago.
Well, frankly, I don't much care; they still showed it.
When trailers show you things that aren't actually in the game, and the viewer is provided with no way to tell solely from the information in that trailer what will or will not be done by the player, I call that dishonest.

Well, in my never-humble opinion, it should be very, very illegal to advertise something loudly, then quietly take it away immediately before release.
The retractions should, by law, be required to be as loud, explicit, and paced as the original assertions, or face some serious penalties.
The mention "does not reflect the final state of the game" is here for that. You can do everything you want, if you warned it won't look like this :(

But you know what I mean, in all the trailers of all the games, there is always this mention at the bottom (or even well hidden). It's always been like that, and it's not about to change.
Sure, I definitely know what you mean.

But in the court of public opinion, I've had far too many people get pedantic in my direction to not take this opportunity to point out that, if anything other than aesthetics were being changed, if any fundamentals of the game were to change, then talking about the final "look" means they were full of it.

1620232299345.png

I've had too many people go all letter-of-the-law on me to not pay it forward on this one. If CDPR meant "state", they shoulda said "state".

And before the game was released, they specifically showed rideable mass transit.
Their retraction was clearly not in promo material, trailers and the like.

Well, frankly, I don't much care; they still showed it.
When trailers show you things that aren't actually in the game, and the viewer is provided with no way to tell solely from the information in that trailer what will or will not be done by the player, I call that dishonest.

you said you are a CGI artist. CGI hasn't represented actual gameplay since it first existed. in like Playstation days, especially in rpgs. I find it hard to believe you are not familiar with that understanding.

you said you are a CGI artist.

Yes, I did.
I'm an animator. It's what I do.

However...

CGI hasn't represented actual gameplay since it first existed.

I didn't say I'm a CGI artist for games.
I have been, but you made an assumption that, unfortunately, derailed my point rather badly.

I pointed out that, as a CGI artist, I find the aesthetics of Night City quite pleasing. It was not in reference to whether gameplay and cut-scenes/trailers match each other.

This isn't the first time you've cherry-picked something I've said to score points rather than actually address what I was saying; please stop that.

Top Bottom