It's amazing how one person can create a game changing mod with a gimped toolset,

+
Me, I like consolidating buttons. I HATE having dozens of dozens of buttons when a few actions can efficiently be done with one key as long as it is designed properly. For example I would put "holster weapon" as one of the "weapon choices" in the weapon selection rotation for the keys the same way it is in the menu. But I know everyone has their preference. Which is why robust key binding mechanics should be as important to the DEV as menu design or the music.

People do not buy and then "just get use to" an uncomfortable chair.
They skip it and get another one from another company belter designed to fit them.

Last edited:
For me, CDPR assumed (wrongly) that players would play with a controller (even on PC). Who have obviously a limited number of buttons (a bit like driving, much better from day-one with a controller) :(
So me on console, I don't mind, but it's not like I really have a choice :D

For me, CDPR assumed (wrongly) that players would play with a controller (even on PC). Who have obviously a limited number of buttons (a bit like driving, much better from day-one with a controller) :(
So me on console, I don't mind, but it's not like I really have a choice
Yes, but remapping the controller is not unheard of these days and that is also missing from the console version. The UI itself is a mix of being suited to keyboard and mouse and optimized for a controller, suiting neither particularly well and giving no options to remap for PC or console.

being a woman passionate about IT, I would like to salute the often incredible work of modders.
I saw videos on you tube, many different games; This is Great Art {Masterpiece}.
I wanted to make it clear and give back to Caesar what belongs to Caesar.

Yes, but remapping the controller is not unheard of these days and that is also missing from the console version. The UI itself is a mix of being suited to keyboard and mouse and optimized for a controller, suiting neither particularly well and giving no options to remap for PC or console.
I don't know why, but generally in large majority of games on console (Xbox at least), there are very few options (left/right handed, stick sensitivity,....). The only way to really do it, it's directly via the Xbox settings (or Razer app for me).
It would be so much easier (and simpler) to be able to choose directly in the settings of the games... :(

Last edited:
: I just got Res Evil Village today and I am pleasantly surprised at the key bindings. I was sure this was going to be a fight that I would have to make a mod to solve like I did with Cyberpunk (because it is capcom and a console game port from a company that before look at PC as a competitor) but no, the res Evil game had wonderful robust key binding options. (y)

Last edited:

Guest 4564903

Modders have done a bang up job so far, I'm using about 45 mods ranging from small cosmetic ones to big game changing balancing mods and they have made an already great game even better, long may it continue.

It's amazing how one person can create a game changing mod with a gimped toolset, while an entire triple A team with the official toolset couldn't even put these basic features in the game.

I personally don't understand why on earth, IN A FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER, there isnt a Southpaw option! As a lefty, I have been playing Southpaw for decades! How does CDPR, a studio I used to defend to the end, not consider this very basic, age-old option?

I also have yet to see the supposed "suggestions" area of the forums, which is why I'm writing this here. It's also somewhat relevant to this thread's discussion. The website instructs us to go to the forums if we want to give feedback. Maybe sticky a feedback thread near the top then? Why is it like rookie year shit suddenly with these guys?
Post automatically merged:

Modders have done a bang up job so far, I'm using about 45 mods ranging from small cosmetic ones to big game changing balancing mods and they have made an already great game even better, long may it continue.
I think that'll have to be my next step as well, as I now have a good gaming PC.

I personally don't understand why on earth, IN A FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER, there isnt a Southpaw option! As a lefty, I have been playing Southpaw for decades! How does CDPR, a studio I used to defend to the end, not consider this very basic, age-old option?

I also have yet to see the supposed "suggestions" area of the forums, which is why I'm writing this here. It's also somewhat relevant to this thread's discussion. The website instructs us to go to the forums if we want to give feedback. Maybe sticky a feedback thread near the top then? Why is it like rookie year shit suddenly with these guys?

Everyone and their dog has some "trivially" easy request they think should be in the game and game devs cannot possibly account for every tiny detail everyone wants. Some get missed or de-prioritized. Some aren't by any means trivial. If you want a southpaw stance that badly, go make it.

I got into modding because there were things I wanted to change about the game, so I learned Blender, Substance Designer and how to hex edit with 010 and just tried to get my ideas in the game. Then I shared what I did with other people because why not, right?

You know what happens? People start requesting things. Can you make this decal mesh fit my character's jaw? If I give you a reference image can you make this hair colour? I like your chrome/purple cyberware but can you make it gold/black?

Before you know it, you are drowning in requests so you stop taking them. DIY. I can respect anyone who puts in the effort to learn the craft, even if its for a really small thing. If you need help on the modding discord, I will help you. But I do not understand this entitlement. Rookie year shit?

Nothing about this game is rookie year shit and if you ever tried to make anything comparable to the standard of whats already here, you would know this.

Last edited:
A mod created around a single PC rig doesn't compare to game features that needed to be scaled all across the specs, quality of said mod irrelevant. And people wonder why I hate this superiority complex precent modding has created.

Top Bottom