Is there a way two play 2 characters without jumbling save games?

+
In Fallout 4 if you made two different player characters you could run each in the game at the same time without loosing or mixing the save game files.

When you went to load a save game each "set" of saves had the name of the character so you could load either one whenever you wanted.
You could play that one and switch to the other character as you pleased with out the save games getting "lost" in each others "set" of files.

What is the best way to do that in this game?
The only thing I could think of in this game was to manually save the save game files into two seperate folders EVERY time the game is played.

But it would sure be nice if there was a more convenient way to handle this.

Well, yeah sure you can. You just have to make sure you load from a manual save if you want to swap between characters. But I am doing that between my redhead and blondie for like 3 months now (PS) And I am doing this a similar thing on PC between my Nomad recreated character and a streetkid.
I just make a manual save (overwrite) at the conclusion of a session with one character and load an equal manual save from another character and that works just fine.
I never even looked at my savegame folder on either system. So I assume all saves are just in one and the same folder.
Havent come across any tanhling ever since I first started playing multiple characters.

Like Archon said - load manual saves and ignore autosaves/autoloads. i have 7 chars atm but have to admit its a bit fuzzy in organizing them, yeah : /
Yeah, that is true. You have to careful when you click to save something. If you could customize their name, use a tag or something that would be helpful

It seems silly but I can recommend putting together an autorun batch to move the save files by setting up the individual folders for each character.

Alternatively, have your concurrent playthroughs start with different lifepaths; the saves are labeled with the lifepath and that's what I use to distinguish between my game and my son's.

It seems silly but I can recommend putting together an autorun batch to move the save files by setting up the individual folders for each character.

Not silly, I have done that in other games years ago.

I guess I just got spoiled by how well the Bethesda games handle this and had hope there was a more practical way to do it in Cyberpunk.

I see that the save files include the name of the life path, that may be the way I can sort them as I plan a different life path anyway.

Thanks!

Thank you to everyone that offered help on this.

Last edited:
Alternatively, have your concurrent playthroughs start with different lifepaths; the saves are labeled with the lifepath and that's what I use to distinguish between my game and my son's.
Did that with my first 3 chars as well which was kinda organized but currently I have more than dbl the amount of available lifepathes x) - i try to remember which thumbnail of location fits which char atm but that’s not even close to separate by lifepathes ^^‘

Like Archon said - load manual saves and ignore autosaves/autoloads. i have 7 chars atm but have to admit its a bit fuzzy in organizing them, yeah : /
I presume this is still a issue after patch 1.5 as I cannot find anything to do it different. I am on PC by the way.

Top Bottom